The Official 2018 MLB Thread

Ha. I really and truly hope the Sox don't cave and sign J.D. Martinez unless it is for a steal (i.e., 3 @ $75 million). Now is they happen to work out a deal for say a Christian Yelich, then I will be throwing out all kinds of virtual high fives and emoji's...haha.

The FA market this year has been so strange.

The FA market this year has been so strange.

I was reading an article the other day that said it's because angels sighed trout to his lomg term deal and it threw the market out of whack. The laid out scenarios that would have probably happened if trout didn't sign when he did. I think what's goimg on is the big teams are trying to get under 197 mil and avoid luxury taxes and with the yanks getting Stanton it threw some wrenches in plans for teams and now teams are looking to save $$$ on guys. I think once himself signs somewhere then dominos start falling.

The Official 2018 MLB Thread

Finally we got Donaldson locked it,all though be it 1 year. I am happy none the less. Now we need more depth to cover 1st,2nd and SS
Yesterday Ezekiel and Aaron loup along for another year. Ezekiel was a good one to keep on solid player. But Loup was our worth pitcher last year why keep him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally we got Donaldson locked it,all though be it 1 year. I am happy none the less. Now we need more depth to cover 1st,2nd and SS

To be fair he was already going to be on the team this year since it was just for arbitration. Pretty much spells that he will testing FA after this year.

$23M, I think a precedent has been set.

To be fair he was already going to be on the team this year since it was just for arbitration. Pretty much spells that he will testing FA after this year.

I really hope we can keep him for as long as possible. I know many teams are interested in him so it all comes down to the mighty $

$23M, I think a precedent has been set.

Record deal. Not sure why they gave him this without going to Arb. I don't believe the Blue Jays will compete in the division and Donaldson is their best trade asset if they are to be out of it by the deadline. This high of 1 yr contract will net them a smaller return in the end. He is most likely leaving for FA after this year so I would have just gone to Arb and most likely saved a few million.

I really hope we can keep him for as long as possible. I know many teams are interested in him so it all comes down to the mighty $

The best chance they had at signing him long term was right now. Since it didn't happen he's most likely gone (unless TOR gives him the biggest offer in FA) IMO

Although maybe this high of a contract for the one year is part of the contract extension talk. It's definitely possible.

Although maybe this high of a contract for the one year is part of the contract extension talk. It's definitely possible.

Hard to say. Of that 23 million ,half goes to taxes living in Canada is tough on the athletes.

Hard to say. Of that 23 million ,half goes to taxes living in Canada is tough on the athletes.

California as well. It's tough to sign those FA when $30M playing for a California team isn't the same as $30M playing for a team in Florida for instance.

Sounds like the Gerrit Cole to Astros trade is finally going to be a done deal.

Gerrit Cole is an Astro! Solid starting pitching being assembled

You Astros fans got a good one. Cole is a fierce competitor and a horse who will give you a lot of quality innings. He did have a little bit of a tendency to get rocked for an inning early, IIRC.

In return, we got Joe Musgrove, Colin Moran, Michael Feliz, and Jason Martin. How did we do?

I think Cole still has a year of arbitration left since he reached a one-year deal with the Pirates Friday. Be aware he is a huge Yanquis fan. This is Gerrit Cole at the World Series as a 12 year old:

Gerrit cole.jpg

Wow mccutchen to the giants

Wow mccutchen to the giants

. . . for a 25 year old RHP, a minor league OF, a $500k allocation to the Pirates' international signing pool, and cash to the Giants to offset some of Cutch's salary. One of the classier guys you will ever find in any venue. I wish him well.

Look for Josh Harrison to be gone any day now.

Tough time to be a Yinzer, with the Stillers imploding, the Pens sleepwalking, the Bucs being blown up, and the rivers are frozen, which really hurts when you want to jump off a bridge.

Going to be a long year(s) for Pirates fans. Didn't appear to be much of a return haul from the Giants.

Going to be a long year(s) for Pirates fans. Didn't appear to be much of a return haul from the Giants.

Fortunately or not, we aren't that much out of practice. Has the looks of both a salary dump and getting something for someone who will be a FA after this year, I believe. After this, the Pirates will be among the bottom four payrolls in MLB.

Blue jays sign Granderson to a 1year deal. Wow that shocked me.

Love the Mccutchen deal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love the Mccutchen deal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As a fan of the Giants I like that move too

So Longo and Mccutchen are both in San Fran? If Chipper and Nolan Ryan come in t of retirement and sign there I may have to officially become a Giants fan.

I really do hope they compete the next couple years, those guys deserve it.

Howie Kendrick to the Nationals 2 years $7M

So Longo and Mccutchen are both in San Fran? If Chipper and Nolan Ryan come in t of retirement and sign there I may have to officially become a Giants fan.

I really do hope they compete the next couple years, those guys deserve it.

Giants have had a way to coax respectable years from veterans that are "over the hill" and "past their prime". At least it gives us Giants fans something to look forward to which is always nice.

Back