The Official 2018 MLB Thread

Giants have had a way to coax respectable years from veterans that are "over the hill" and "past their prime". At least it gives us Giants fans something to look forward to which is always nice.
So you are saying there is a chance Chipper is coming back?

Spoiler
Definitely

Reports are that the 5 year contract the Sox have offered J.D. Martinez is for $100k. A tad bit less than Boras wanted ($200k lol) but I think that is the best they are going to get.

5 years for 100k...awful job ;)

Well, the Royals are dragging their feet in signings and my other team the Braves, are stock piling their farm system. Acuna might be the man, but I hope they leave him down just a bit longer this season so they can keep control of him a bit longer.

So Longo and Mccutchen are both in San Fran? If Chipper and Nolan Ryan come in t of retirement and sign there I may have to officially become a Giants fan.

I really do hope they compete the next couple years, those guys deserve it.

So I met Chipper about a month or so ago here at work, he hunts on my Boss's land here in KS. Got his autograph on one of my Braves hats and picture with him. He's so freakin tall! Granted he had on hunting boots that probably added an inch or two, but I look like a very small guy next to him....child like almost!

So I met Chipper about a month or so ago here at work, he hunts on my Boss's land here in KS. Got his autograph on one of my Braves hats and picture with him. He's so freakin tall! Granted he had on hunting boots that probably added an inch or two, but I look like a very small guy next to him....child like almost!
Haha I actually saw that on Facebook, he did look like a monster next to you.

Excited about Rockies chances this year. Added to bullpen during off season and those young starters have experience now. Offense will be there and defense is solid. Just such a tough division to play in.

Lots and lots of Machado to the Indians noise....that would be one he'll of an infield.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Hall of Fame announcement tonight. Feel like I am seeing more support for Bonds and Clemens this year than in years past. Not sure they make it across the threshold tonight, but their votes did increase nicely from '16-'17 so that is something to watch. Trevor Hoffman was 74% last year, so I'm going to assume he's in. Chipper Jones, and Jim Thome should join. The other guy I want to see how he fars is Mike Mussina and the % he gets. Was around 52% last year, don't think he gets it this year, but he's trending upwards.

Hall of Fame announcement tonight. Feel like I am seeing more support for Bonds and Clemens this year than in years past. Not sure they make it across the threshold tonight, but their votes did increase nicely from '16-'17 so that is something to watch. Trevor Hoffman was 74% last year, so I'm going to assume he's in. Chipper Jones, and Jim Thome should join. The other guy I want to see how he fars is Mike Mussina and the % he gets. Was around 52% last year, don't think he gets it this year, but he's trending upwards.

I hope the roid guys get shut out

I mean they let Pudge in last year. You know they guy who dropped 40 lbs going from the Marlins to the Tigers hehe
Eventually I think Bonds and Clemens will get in. Bonds is crazy, and I believe he was juiced up, but man the streak that dude went on was absolutely crazy. He would see like 5-7 pitches to hit in a week, and he would absolutely crush that ball.

Another one to look at today, Edgar Martinez. Man if he played full time against the Yankees, he's be in. Always killed the pinstripes.

Some have already made their way in so I'm sure more will follow eventually. It is really all a guessing game anyways unless there are positive test(s) (Manny, Palmeiro, etc.).

Really hope the roid guys don't get in. I mean MAYBE after they die, like Pete Rose. Maybe.

I don't think rumors and innuendo should keep you out, but if you are caught cheating in any way, you should be out, period.

I don't think rumors and innuendo should keep you out, but if you are caught cheating in any way, you should be out, period.

now that begs a question, what counts as being caught. Was Big Papi caught? He was on that 2003 PED list.

now that begs a question, what counts as being caught. Was Big Papi caught? He was on that 2003 PED list.
That list wasn't officially released right ? He is thought to be on it but not known?

If voters have access to the official list, then yes keep him out. If not I say he gets in.

That list wasn't officially released right ? He is thought to be on it but not known?

If voters have access to the official list, then yes keep him out. If not I say he gets in.

I agree with this. He was always allegedly on a list. Fail a test or admit to it and no bueno.

his name was officially released from it.

The one thing that really bothered me about that, is that when AROD's name was released, he admitted to it. When Ortiz's name was released, MLB said there were false positives on the list. And this isn't a yankees-red sox thing, but if MLB came right out and said that from the get go, that helps invalidate that list. Really felt they should have tried to get in front of that and done it from the beginning.

But then again Manny was on that list and he failed what 2 more tests after that? Sosa was on it too, and look at the lack of votes he has gotten(8% last year)

Disagree. Common sense works just fine. There is zero doubt Bonds was juicing. Zero.

Disagree. Common sense works just fine. There is zero doubt Bonds was juicing. Zero.

But there was also zero doubt that he was the best player in the game before thought crossed anybody's mind that he was juicing.

Back