The Official 2018 MLB Thread

Heard a guy talking about Conforto's injury on the radio the other day and his difficult it is to come back from. Doesn't sound good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Encouraging article yesterday that he might be back before May. He’s hitting off of a tee. It doesn’t sound like a big step, but apparently it is. Scary injury - totally have the same concern/doubt though after seeing him crumble after the swing last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray's trade Souza in 3 team deal with Dbacks and Yanks.

Not much left on that team now, supposedly thats the end of the fire sale.

Ray's trade Souza in 3 team deal with Dbacks and Yanks.

Not much left on that team now, supposedly thats the end of the fire sale.

Not too upset about losing Brandon Drury, but I think the D'Backs gave up on Anthony Banda too early. Souza won't fill JD Martinez's shoes at the plate, but he is a solid addition, especially since his contract is a lot more affordable than JD's!

Heard a guy talking about Conforto's injury on the radio the other day and his difficult it is to come back from. Doesn't sound good.

Shoulder injuries are just all around bad for baseball players. Hitters typically lose power, pitchers lose velocity and control.

Shoulder injuries are just all around bad for baseball players. Hitters typically lose power, pitchers lose velocity and control.
Sounds like this type of shoulder injury especially. I was only half listening, but the doctor they were interviewing was very pessimistic about the player he will be when he is "healthy". Just one person's opinion of course though, so we'll see.

Sounds like this type of shoulder injury especially. I was only half listening, but the doctor they were interviewing was very pessimistic about the player he will be when he is "healthy". Just one person's opinion of course though, so we'll see.

I don't remember a team, even in football, that has had a run of injuries, both leg and arm related, like the Mets have had over the last couple of years. Seems like the whole pitching staff (all in their 20's), Outfield - Conforto, Cespedes, Lagares, etc, Then the infield... The fans have been upset with the way the Medical and Training staffs not only treat the players, but even the diagnosis' themselves. Hopefully, the changes that have been made within the training and coaching staffs will have a positive effect.

Reading up on the Astros the last few days, plenty to be happy about. The core of the team is set offensively and pitching got better with free agency. Top pitching prospect got suspended, and might hurt the end of the year roster call ups, but wasnt a factor this year from what I am reading. hoping he gets this crap behind him bc he's a legit young arm for the Astros

Reading up on the Astros the last few days, plenty to be happy about. The core of the team is set offensively and pitching got better with free agency. Top pitching prospect got suspended, and might hurt the end of the year roster call ups, but wasnt a factor this year from what I am reading. hoping he gets this crap behind him bc he's a legit young arm for the Astros

I hope JV can continue his great year from last year and you guys take it again this year.

Signed,

-Sad&DepressedTigersFan

Spring Training games starting up and theres still a big chunk of guys without a job

Catchers

Jonathan Lucroy (32)
Carlos Ruiz (39)
Geovany Soto (35)

First Basemen

Lucas Duda (32)
Adam Lind (34)
Tyler Moore (31)
Logan Morrison (30)
Mike Napoli (36)
Mark Reynolds (34)
Danny Valencia (33)

Second Basemen

Brandon Phillips (37)
Neil Walker (32)

Shortstops

Erick Aybar (34)
Stephen Drew (35)
J.J. Hardy (35)

Third Basemen

Yunel Escobar (35)
Conor Gillaspie (30)
Mike Moustakas (29)
Jhonny Peralta (36)
Brandon Phillips (37)

Left Fielders

Melky Cabrera (33)
Andre Ethier (36)
Franklin Gutierrez (35)
Jon Jay (33)
Adam Lind (34)
Ben Revere (30)
Jayson Werth (39)

Center Fielders

Jon Jay (33)

Right Fielders

Jose Bautista (37)
Melky Cabrera (33)
Carlos Gonzalez (32)
Jon Jay (33)
Seth Smith (35)
Ichiro Suzuki (44)
Jayson Werth (39)

Designated Hitters

Jose Bautista (37)
Matt Holliday (38)
Logan Morrison (30)
Mike Napoli (36)

Starting Pitchers

Brett Anderson (30)
Jake Arrieta (32)
Clay Buchholz (33)
Trevor Cahill (30)
Alex Cobb (30)
R.A. Dickey (43)
Scott Feldman (35)
Matt Garza (34)
A.J. Griffin (30)
Jeremy Hellickson (31)
Ubaldo Jimenez (34)
John Lackey (39)
Francisco Liriano (34)
Jeff Locke (30)
Lance Lynn (31)
Ricky Nolasco (35)
Jake Peavy (37)
Chris Smith (37)

Right-Handed Relievers

Matt Belisle (38)
Trevor Cahill (30)
Josh Collmenter (32)
Tyler Clippard (33)
Jason Grilli (41)
Greg Holland (32)
Seung Hwan Oh (35)
Tyler Pill (28)
Chad Qualls (39)
Trevor Rosenthal (28)
Drew Storen (30)
Huston Street (34)
Koji Uehara (43)

Left-Handed Relievers

Francisco Liriano (34)
Eric O’Flaherty (33)
Oliver Perez (36)
Robbie Ross (29)
Kevin Siegrist (28)

Man that is some list. You would think some of those arms will be on teams at some point this year.

Outside of some of the pitchers imo most of those guys are pricing themselves out of jobs. A large majority of teams are cutting salary to prep for next years market or to be a little more fiscally sound

A lot of big names on that list that are aging quickly.

supposedly Logan Morrison doesnt even have an offer on the table

Quite a list there. I'd say that there has been somewhat of a market correction for guys in their 30s and their asking prices are beyond what teams are willing to pay if they aren't going for a WS. Seems like it's either teams contending or franchises rebuilding and those rebuilding aren't spending the money on ok veterans but getting their young guys more playing time and big league experience.

supposedly Logan Morrison doesnt even have an offer on the table

It has been six years since the last time he hit over 20 HRs. He's never played 150 games in a season. Without looking it up, he profiles like Moustakas. Teams don't want to pay top dollar for someone's career year. That's smart.

Most of the other guys on the list are old and on the downside of their careers. There are a couple of pitchers who are interesting but of them I'm aware of one who rejected something like 4 years / 52M.

It has been six years since the last time he hit over 20 HRs. He's never played 150 games in a season. Without looking it up, he profiles like Moustakas. Teams don't want to pay top dollar for someone's career year. That's smart.

Most of the other guys on the list are old and on the downside of their careers. There are a couple of pitchers who are interesting but of them I'm aware of one who rejected something like 4 years / 52M.

Must be nice to be at a point in your life that you can turn down $52 million for 4 years of work...

I would be surprised that Carlos Gonzalez is still a free agent, but he was greatly helped by playing at Coors Field; his home/road splits are astounding (.323/.202). He must have priced himself out of Denver.

I would be surprised that Carlos Gonzalez is still a free agent, but he was greatly helped by playing at Coors Field; his home/road splits are astounding (.323/.202). He must have priced himself out of Denver.

Coors Field stigma and a lot of injuries throughout his career. When he was healthy and on a few years ago, not many were better.

Lucroy, Lynn and Cobb are the only 3 that really stick out to me as potential impact players for a 3 or more year contact.

Quite a list there. I'd say that there has been somewhat of a market correction for guys in their 30s and their asking prices are beyond what teams are willing to pay if they aren't going for a WS. Seems like it's either teams contending or franchises rebuilding and those rebuilding aren't spending the money on ok veterans but getting their young guys more playing time and big league experience.
I think with more use of advanced analytics, teams are just smarter these days too.

I don't see many on that lost that for the price are worth the addition to most teams out there. I have been paying to much attention to the news around the league but it sounded like a few guys agents aren't listening to "lowball" offers. Then look at what JD Martinez wanted compared to what he got. Going to be interesting next two weeks or so to see if guys start reconsidering their price

I don't see many on that lost that for the price are worth the addition to most teams out there. I have been paying to much attention to the news around the league but it sounded like a few guys agents aren't listening to "lowball" offers. Then look at what JD Martinez wanted compared to what he got. Going to be interesting next two weeks or so to see if guys start reconsidering their price

Yeah, it they want jobs, they may need to start listening to and considering all offers. JD's actual was 2 years and $100 million short of Boras' asking price..haha. And he hasn't even passed his physical yet as that part of the process is on day 2.

Yeah, it they want jobs, they may need to start listening to and considering all offers. JD's actual was 2 years and $100 million short of Boras' asking price..haha. And he hasn't even passed his physical yet as that part of the process is on day 2.

I saw that last night about the physical. I didn’t read the article but ESPN had a story about guys that hold out into spring training. Sounded like that are only hurting themselves in a couple ways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back