The Official 2018 MLB Thread

mikedean441

6X HOF
Reaction score
Handicap
A new baseball season is upon us, Spring Trainings already only a month and a half away.

GO TRIBE!

59b81b3b1bf3857ee499c609

A month and a half away and still wondering where the Big Papi pop will come from in Boston. As long as Hanley does not reach 490 ABs in 2018, they should be set up well for 2019 while still being very competitive and likely a playoff contender in 2018.

Twitter says Hosmer has a 7 year deal on the table from the Padres, no dollars mentioned but it did say it would make him the highest paid player in Padres history.

Seems like a few years too many.

Twitter says Hosmer has a 7 year deal on the table from the Padres, no dollars mentioned but it did say it would make him the highest paid player in Padres history.

Eric would really make some waves there. Liked the Padres since the late Tony Gwenn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is probably his only offer. He either needs to sign that ASAP or take a 1 year deal and pray last season wasn't the career year it appeared to be.

Read a report on twitter that the Red Sox have made a 5 year offer to J.D. Martinez

Hoping the supposedly great farm system starts to trickle into the Phils roster and have some impact.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Being reported the Padres offer to Hosmer is 7 years $140M, which was $20M more than any other team had offered.

And now KC is now somewhere around 7 years and $147M

Being reported the Padres offer to Hosmer is 7 years $140M, which was $20M more than any other team had offered.

And now KC is now somewhere around 7 years and $147M

Saw that on the news tonight. Problem is if he signs with us, he is stuck rebuilding. They really need to splurge and sign Cain and Moose as well. Escobar would be nice, too.

Red Sox apparently turned down Dodgers on their proposed Puig for JBJ trade. I am good with that as a fan.

Red Sox apparently turned down Dodgers on their proposed Puig for JBJ trade. I am good with that as a fan.

Completely agree. I've never been a huge Puig fan.

Completely agree. I've never been a huge Puig fan.

Would have likely turned into a huge distraction that a 1st year manager does not need. Plus JBJ is so damn good in CF and I think his bat will rebound in 2018.

Would have likely turned into a huge distraction that a 1st year manager does not need. Plus JBJ is so damn good in CF and I think his bat will rebound in 2018.

JBJ needs to be a harder out and cut down on some K's. His combination of speed and taking good routes to the ball defensively is really fun to watch. The young OF as a whole is a lot of fun.

The Official 2018 MLB Thread

Two nice picks up for the Jays yesterday. Now they need to seal up Donaldson! Right now Donaldson and Pillar are our only good infielder and outfielder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Puig is the better talent but this was a pretty obvious attempt to sell high and buy low. Good on the Red Sox for saying no if they really believe the real JBJ is what we saw in 2016. (and good on the Dodgers for trying)

Rick Hahn is a miracle worker. He took a AAAA guy that was blocked by prospects that was left unprotected in the Rule 5 draft into two solid bullpen arms that he needed to fill during the offseason. Amazing what he has done in the last 15 months or so.

Looks like Gerrit Cole to the Astros is an almost certainty.

Jay Bruce back to Mets...3 years $39M

Jay Bruce back to Mets...3 years $39M

I'm pretty surprised the Tribe didn't keep him for that kind of money. No Bruce and no Santana...could be a challenging year at the dish.

I'm pretty surprised the Tribe didn't keep him for that kind of money. No Bruce and no Santana...could be a challenging year at the dish.
While I hoped they resigned him I thought it was a long shot.
Alonso signing will probably yield similar results as Santana.
I'm guessing they go with Zimmer/Brantley and chisenhall in the OF or maybe Kipnis ends up out there again too.

I did see they avoided arbitration with Cody Allen for 10M which keeps that stellar pitching staff in tact

Didn't peg Duf as a Tribe fan!

Didn't peg Duf as a Tribe fan!
Ummm...he's a huge Cleveland sports fan since he was born in Cleveland

Josh Donaldson get highest ever contract for arbitration eligible player at $23 million for 2018.

Josh Donaldson get highest ever contract for arbitration eligible player at $23 million for 2018.

every time I see you post in this thread I get nervous about what I'm going to read

every time I see you post in this thread I get nervous about what I'm going to read

Ha. I really and truly hope the Sox don't cave and sign J.D. Martinez unless it is for a steal (i.e., 3 @ $75 million). Now is they happen to work out a deal for say a Christian Yelich, then I will be throwing out all kinds of virtual high fives and emoji's...haha.

Back