G25 Hybrid vs G hybrid (vs G 400 hybrid)

myspinonit

Reaction score
Edit:

I just found a good deal for brand new 4 and 5 G hybrids on eBay and ordered them. Going to my friend's house in Palm Springs with free shipping so I'll christen them there next week.

I'm considering getting G (not G400) 4 and 5 hybrids to "upgrade" my G25 ones while I can still probably get good quality or minty used ones. No longer are G's in stock here so I would be buying blind.

I've searched the net but only could see a couple comparisons on G25 vs G30, not G25 to later models.

I'm considering the change partly as the one degree stronger in G might provide a slight advantage in gapping (especially between the 5H and my 6i that are close together). Wondering if there is enough performance difference too?

I just got a G 5W from eBay to replace my G25 3H and found that I like the Alta Reg shaft (though I didn't a year or so ago when I tried it). So that got me thinking on upgrading to the G 4 and 5 hybrid with the stock Alta 70 Reg.

Not interested really in the G400 ones. Mostly cost, ($340 CDN plus tax). But also that I found the Alta CB Regular shaft was way too unstable for my modest speed but more aggressive transition in the woods. Have the SFT driver and 3 wood but was fit for the the Kuro Kage. The Alta CB didn't feel good- very whippy- on the hybrids in a "wiggle test" only the other day, though I realize that's not a "test" other than feel/perception.

Comments appreciated.

Last edited:
Back