TaylorMade M3 and M4 Irons

I really thought the M1 irons were going to be a draw for them last year, but they enthusiasm behind them seemed to fall flat. I'm going to guess the M3 is going to have the multi-material build like those did. Now the question is, are there face slots?

I had M1's for a short period of time, dumped them for the P790's and never looked back just never liked the feel. I really don't see much difference between the M3 and the M1 irons.

These look good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hit an M4 7i today with graphite shaft at Dick's. I was pretty impressed. Especially when the highly accurate launch monitor my local Dick's had registered a ball speed of 152MPH........ I think I can take Jamie Sadlowski with that one. :laughing:

Took my M3 out for its first round today. I never had a better maiden voyage. High and straight all day.

Took my M3 out for its first round today. I never had a better maiden voyage. High and straight all day.

How did they react into the greens spin wise? Were you fit for these? I really like the looks of the M3 irons.

I was looking to see a review thread for these irons but did not find one. I am guessing we (our website) has not done an official review yet?

I was looking to see a review thread for these irons but did not find one. I am guessing we (our website) has not done an official review yet?

No, no official review as of yet.

Any updates on these or reviews on these ? I briefly tested the M4 ions was impressed better feel and sound and performance than the M2. No TM iron love here? gb

Bump for any reviews or feedback please?

just a short little commercial on the live stream coverage for the pga tour today. the ribcor tech seems awful jailbreak-y.

We have some fun stuff content wise coming up with these, and I am curious to THPers who has compared the M3 with the P790?

We have some fun stuff content wise coming up with these, and I am curious to THPers who has compared the M3 with the P790?

I guess I can say kind of? Hit the m3 all of 5 times at the fitting before ha sing it back. It did not agree with me at all. Massive slices that never left the ground

I guess I can say kind of? Hit the m3 all of 5 times at the fitting before ha sing it back. It did not agree with me at all. Massive slices that never left the ground

What do you think the reason was? They are similar size wise to the P790 correct?

What do you think the reason was? They are similar size wise to the P790 correct?

Correct, it had a very thick top line that I didn’t agree with (bigger than the 790)...
I’m going to guess 100% mental, they just screamed G.I. Irons and you don’t need to focus to hit it straight. So lazy swinging and swinging out of my shoes would occur, which is not a good swing for me resulting in bad performance. I needed something that still somewhat looked like players irons so I would focus on my swings.

Correct, it had a very thick top line that I didn’t agree with (bigger than the 790)...
I’m going to guess 100% mental, they just screamed G.I. Irons and you don’t need to focus to hit it straight. So lazy swinging and swinging out of my shoes would occur, which is not a good swing for me resulting in bad performance. I needed something that still somewhat looked like players irons so I would focus on my swings.

Was that the M3 or M4? At quick glance I thought the M3 top line was even smaller than P790. I don’t have them here to compare but should soon.

Was that the M3 or M4? At quick glance I thought the M3 top line was even smaller than P790. I don’t have them here to compare but should soon.

I believe it was the M3 but to be honest it could of been the 4, the shots were so bad I tried to forget about them

I believe it was the M3 but to be honest it could of been the 4, the shots were so bad I tried to forget about them

Haha. Been there before.

I have, one of my HS kids got the M3 and I bought 790's

M4 comes in at $899 and M3 at $999 both in steel. Graphite is obviously available. We will have more coming up on these soon.

taylormade-m3-irons.jpg

taylormade-m4-irons-back.jpg
I like them.

Juat like I liked the M2 and M1.

Unfortunately I kept breaking face slots in both models. Repeatedly. The face slot composite material is utter garbage imo.

I have P790 irons (thanks Taylormade!).

Fortunately for me TM has great customer service. I "broke" my way from 2017 M2 to P790 for no additional cost. Sent back numerous broken clubs and they were great about sending me new clubs without face slots.

FWIW I really liked the 2017 M1 irons.....for the whole 21 days it took for me to shatter the face slots.

I think TM should retire the face slot tech because it is clearly fragile.

Maybe I just had bad experiences....but love the 790's

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I've hit both. Pretty similar in size and performance. P790 looks better, both performed really well.

I've hit both. Pretty similar in size and performance. P790 looks better, both performed really well.

Its an interesting comparison between the two, because one gives you the hollow body design, which some feel as though reduces spin and gives some inconsistencies (I dont fall in that camp) and the other has some slot tech that has given the company some problems (minor scale) in the past. Both seem to fit a similar person, so price point plays a role here as well. It reminds me of when TaylorMade had the R11 and the TP CB out.

We are going to have some fun with the M3 and M4 coming up on THP, so was curious on the different takes from those that have tested them.

Its an interesting comparison between the two, because one gives you the hollow body design, which some feel as though reduces spin and gives some inconsistencies (I dont fall in that camp) and the other has some slot tech that has given the company some problems (minor scale) in the past. Both seem to fit a similar person, so price point plays a role here as well. It reminds me of when TaylorMade had the R11 and the TP CB out.

We are going to have some fun with the M3 and M4 coming up on THP, so was curious on the different takes from those that have tested them.

Yup I think they are quite similar all around in terms of performance, ball flight, forgiveness, size etc. Like you hit on, I think the biggest differences between the two are price point and looks/material. I am not a fan of the face slots but personal preference.

Yup I think they are quite similar all around in terms of performance, ball flight, forgiveness, size etc. Like you hit on, I think the biggest differences between the two are price point and looks/material. I am not a fan of the face slots but personal preference.

I have struggled with the look myself, but understand some love that aesthetic.
Should have some in hand stuff tomorrow or Tuesday and then some forum testing coming.

When I did a fitting with the TM rep at a demo day it actually ended up coming down to the P770 vs the M3. I wasn’t at all as consistent with the M3, which surprised me. The 790 surprised me size wise and I ended up preferring the look of the 770 so that’s why he went that direction.

Back