TaylorMade M3 and M4 Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
M4 comes in at $899 and M3 at $999 both in steel. Graphite is obviously available. We will have more coming up on these soon.

taylormade-m3-irons.jpg

taylormade-m4-irons-back.jpg

I like the looks of those. I’ll be interested to see what they’ve got going on, they look like I’d be in the target audience.

I know why they do it, but man I dislike that shaved hosel something fierce. I just see dirt or mud getting in there and that just bothering me.

I like the looks of the M3s and if they're the smaller profile of the two they may be a lock to replace my MCs. Will be following this thread for sure.

RIBCOR ... Wonder if that's going to be jailbreak type tech in an iron.

For some reason the m4 is reminding me of the r9 irons:
cavity-outside.jpg

Much better looking than the M1/M2 irons. They don't appear as chunky.

Really interested in seeing the M4 in hand.

Interested to learn about RIBCOR

I really thought the M1 irons were going to be a draw for them last year, but they enthusiasm behind them seemed to fall flat. I'm going to guess the M3 is going to have the multi-material build like those did. Now the question is, are there face slots?

I really like the looks of these. The M4 look very forgiving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really thought the M1 irons were going to be a draw for them last year, but they enthusiasm behind them seemed to fall flat. I'm going to guess the M3 is going to have the multi-material build like those did. Now the question is, are there face slots?

With as popular as the P790 irons are, I think that took all of the steam away from the M1 irons (yes, I know the release dates were different). I also don't see many people picking the M3 irons over the P790 irons unless they are really concerned about price point. I know options are good, but in this case, just come out with the M4 irons in the game-improvement space and be done with it.

Interesting!! Ribcor????

I actually went in to a TM demo day for a fitting expecting to love the M1 irons based on my experiences with the SpeedBlade and RSi1 and order a set. I didn't particularly like them, and I actually ended up hitting the P770 more consistently and nearly as long. I was really surprised.

With as popular as the P790 irons are, I think that took all of the steam away from the M1 irons (yes, I know the release dates were different). I also don't see many people picking the M3 irons over the P790 irons unless they are really concerned about price point. I know options are good, but in this case, just come out with the M4 irons in the game-improvement space and be done with it.

I mean the release on those were WAY different. But there is certainly more interest in those once they hit. I actually think part of it is the whole PXG thing too, because some can look at it as if they are getting that same style for way less. And I kind of agree on the inclusion of the M3 irons, while they are something I personally would like more than the M4, I'm not sure they are needed with the exception of being that better price point.

I like the look of the M3 more. The silver/black look is pretty cool. Not familiar with Ribcor.

Like the M3 a lot better. The M4 on their website looks super chunky.

I too like the looks of the M3 more, but will wait to hear more info on these.

Good looking irons, the RIBCOR sounds interesting.

There are vertical face slots on both sides of the grooves on both models, from the video I saw.

These are interesting, but will be interesting which one (if any) is more successful for the everyday golfer

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I will be watching curiously to see if TM has solved their issues with the face slots jarring loose from the club.

Stan

I dig the look of the M3. The M4 is almost too techy for me, but overall I think these will end up doing a lot better then the M1 and M2 irons.

Ribcor reminds me a bit of something I cant quite put my finger on.

w51mbWa.png

M3's look a little better to me but as usual, want to see them in person.

Never had interest in the M1 s but tried them today and against the AP 1 718,g400,P790 the m 1 stood out. Interesting . Like my 4-p 545s but have an itch that I can scratch for a reasonable cost used because I probably will keep my Srixon. FWIW called TM and they felt M1 more forgiving than P790.

Ribcor reminds me a bit of something I cant quite put my finger on.

w51mbWa.png

Wonder what the difference is from the Exo-Cage Callaway has offered on some of their more expensive iron sets?

(Know you meant Jailbreak lol; I was thinking another Callaway innovation before your graphic which is definitely Jailbreaky)

Back