Michael Breed leaving Golfchannel?

I guess this explains why Breed now ha a 2 hours slot from 8-10 weekdays on PGA tour radio XM, bumping Matt Adams earlier. Nevery thought I'd say that I would rather lsiten to Matt Adams at 8am...

I will probably be in the minority but I have never cared for Breed. Something about his style was off-putting to me. When I have listened to or read Foley I usually liked what he had to say. I think he can do a good job. Also he is a fan of Tribe Called Quest so that big plus in my book.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This is exactly me (minus the Tribe part). Breed was a little to abrasive or something. But good luck to him.

I am pretty sure Tiger, Westwood, Mahan and Sean O'Hair are all former students who moved on or have had issues.

Justin Rose and See Woo Kim are having pretty good success with Foley. Hunter claims that he an Foley are still really good friends talking and texting quite frequently. If you believe what he says in articles. Foley was on the golf.com podcast it is a pretty good listen if you haven't you should give it a listen.
http://www.golf.com/knockdown/2017/...why-he-couldnt-watch-justin-rose-2017-masters

Breed vs Foley? Wow!, that's an easy one. I'll take Breed 100 times out of a 100 picks. Breed is a gadget man but I like how he used them to teach concepts. As others mentioned, Breed has a positive attitude and it even seems to be genuine. Let's do this!

Last edited:
Breed's positive attitude and enthusiasm will be missed by man I'm sure.

Foley does not appeal to me at all...mostly cuz I agree with Fup's line of thinking about him.

Breed is leaving for a digital teaching venture with the golf channel. Which if you’ve seen him outside of the golf fix, he’s pretty excited about it, and plans on pouring a lot of energy into that endeavor. He also stated that this will allow him more time with his family. And other interesting not is he will also be on XM from 8-10 daily. That show will have some instruction, tour talk, and some other things golf related. Very few people have that level of energy or passion for his line of work.

Breed said he was a bit handcuffed by what he could do on TGC, going digital and having his own studio will free him up to do a lot more, per him on xm earlier today.

It’ll also get him with his family and cut out all the travel.

Very happy for Foley, I think he will do great!!!

Not sure why this is becoming a Breed vs. Foley topic. Michael himself said he chose to move on because he was flying from NY to FL every week to do the show and it was a grind taking him away from his family for a couple of days each week from Sunday to Tuesday.

Also, people are missing this note from the Foley release:

"Another Revolution Golf instructor, Cameron McCormick, who teaches Jordan Spieth, will have his series, “The Skill Code,” air primetime on Golf Channel beginning in January." I'm not sure if this is a short term series or a long term show now as well. I understand this was done as a 12 part dvd series but is this becoming an ongoing show now as well? If so I am interested in that.

He may be going the Mark Crossfield route by being signed by Titleist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure why this is becoming a Breed vs. Foley topic. Michael himself said he chose to move on because he was flying from NY to FL every week to do the show and it was a grind taking him away from his family for a couple of days each week from Sunday to Tuesday.

Also, people are missing this note from the Foley release:

"Another Revolution Golf instructor, Cameron McCormick, who teaches Jordan Spieth, will have his series, “The Skill Code,” air primetime on Golf Channel beginning in January." I'm not sure if this is a short term series or a long term show now as well. I understand this was done as a 12 part dvd series but is this becoming an ongoing show now as well? If so I am interested in that.

As with most things in life, follow the money.

Golf Channel invested in Revolution Golf last year.

Golf Channel already has an instructional show with Martin Hall, who is on Revolution Golf just like Foley. Makes sense for Golf Channel to have shows with those that are also on Revolution Golf to strengthen that platform. Breed doesn't fit into that.

I don't have a dog in this fight as I like both Breed and Foley, but look a little deeper and it's easy to see why this is happening.

As with most things in life, follow the money.

Golf Channel invested in Revolution Golf last year.

Golf Channel already has an instructional show with Martin Hall, who is on Revolution Golf just like Foley. Makes sense for Golf Channel to have shows with those that are also on Revolution Golf to strengthen that platform. Breed doesn't fit into that.

I don't have a dog in this fight as I like both Breed and Foley, but look a little deeper and it's easy to see why this is happening.

If that is the case, then no harm for them both to go their separate ways. Michael can spend more time with his family and start doing his own online thing and possibly make more money and the Golf Channel bring in someone they have a financial stake with already to replace him. Sounds like a win win situation on both sides.

As stated above, I keep wondering if this has something to do with Golfchannels acquisition of RevolutionGolf.com and how hard they are pushing it on their channel. Maybe Breed didn't want to fall in line with the rest of the cast of coaches?

I liked watching Breed on TGC. Will be interesting to see Foley though.

I liked watching Breed on TGC. Will be interesting to see Foley though.

Foley's interesting. I read a lot of his stuff and a lot of Bennet and Plummer as well. If there was one thing I learned from Foley that will make anyone a better player is that "Ulnar deviation with centripetal force using lateral anterior flexation of the posterior pronated centered extension results in bilateral supination of the thoracic membrane."

Foley's interesting. I read a lot of his stuff and a lot of Bennet and Plummer as well. If there was one thing I learned from Foley that will make anyone a better player is that "Ulnar deviation with centripetal force using lateral anterior flexation of the posterior pronated centered extension results in bilateral supination of the thoracic membrane."

that’s my transition swing thought. ...with putter.

Foley is also going to be on golf central and some of their live from shows so it's more than just instructing like breed was doing although breed did some in booth commentary for a couple amateur events as well as the event for PGA pros that gets them into PGA championship as well as the Long drive championships but it sounds like Dolly's role will be a lot more than breeds

I hope it works out well for both guys. Each has a fan base. Interesting to me is that any time I have taken my son for his lessons and/or been with other junior golfers while the Golf Fix is playing on a tv, the kids immediately focus their attention to see Breed. Something about his energy and voice pulls them in. I sometimes wonder if Golf Channel should not have found a way to get him a junior golf segment (i.e. 30 min show)?

I bought Foley's first DVD ... after that, not a fan. I asked an instructor about him about a year ago - said he knew a lot but lacked depth of knowledge. One man's opinion. I remember watching Foley with his camera and asking Bennett/Plummer lots of questions on the range during a tournament. At least the man seems to be a voracious learner. Don't know if all that techie talk will work - they may have to say, "English, Sean, plain English."

I did not like Breed and the caffeinated presentation at first - but his passion and enthusiasm are contagious, and I kept on listening. Don't know if I ever picked up anything from him, but then I take lessons from an instructor, and I pay him.

Of course, the best to both.

Last edited:
Like others I like Breed's enthusiasm but do not care for how he can help my golf swing using a spatula. Too many weird gimmicks.
It's almost like he walks through Toy R Us and see's what goofy stuff he can buy to convince you to use to improve your swing.

I’m not sure if I’ll watch Foley regularly but I’ll definitely miss michaels contagious attitude. I used to watch the Golf fix all the time but finally got to a point in my game that I needed actual lessons. I’m anxious to see this new endeavor he has spoken about.

I like Breed’s energy and how he’d breakdown concepts.

Not a Foley fan

Now that's funny! I watched quite a bit of Foley's stuff on Revolution Golf and it did help me to understand why certain things happen in the golf swing. That being said, I love Foley's swing but it's not for me and my old back. It will be interesting to see how the viewing public responds to the more technical style over Breed's enthusiasm.

The lack of love for Foley here is interesting. Not sure where it all comes from honestly. Sure some of his stuff gets very technical with regards to biomechanics, but the dude is very intelligence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The lack of love for Foley here is interesting. Not sure where it all comes from honestly. Sure some of his stuff gets very technical with regards to biomechanics, but the dude is very intelligence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

parker mclachlin put foley on blast for screwing up his game and ruining his chances of being successful on tour.

then you have the correlative (though imho not causative) back issues that a few of his players have had.

then you have guys like chamblee and azinger making fun of foley (not by name, but it's obvious who they're talking about) all throughout zinger's "golf channel academy" episode.

i'm honestly not sure why he is considered polarizing. i don't see how someone can look at swings like mahan, o'hair and justin rose and not think they are things of beauty. i love what he has to say about the golf swing, and if i could take lessons from any single teacher in the world it would be him.

Back