Gilbertc13

Mizuno Staffer
Reaction score
Handicap
How important is lie angle to you? It makes a huge difference for me. When buying clubs do you get them off the rack and play them that way or have them adjusted? How often do you have your lie angle checked? For me it’s once a season or if I make big swing changes. Just changed my lie angle from standard to 3° flat. It was needed

Sent from HTX

If I'm only 1-2* off it's not much of an issue. I'm usually 1-2* flat depending on the OEM. I always order based on fitting

I have a spec sheet with all my lengths/lie angles and get all my clubs built to those numbers. Usually comes out to + 1/2 and 2*up. Though depending on a company's stock offering that may change slightly.

Mine are all at standard right now, but I suspect with the continued swing work I may end up going a degree or two flat at some point.

I get mine checked twice a season. Sometimes more depending on how many rounds I've played and if the irons are Forged. It's a noticable aspect of my ball flight and game with my irons and wedges.

I think it is important and have been kicking around the idea of buying a machine to check / adjust myself due to lack of availability where I reside.

I don't keep irons long enough to get them checked sadly

I think it is important and have been kicking around the idea of buying a machine to check / adjust myself due to lack of availability where I reside.

I’d be constantly experimenting if i had one

Sent from HTX

Dont get mine checked enough! Always just played standard. Never knew anything about lie angles until recently.

Was hitting some hard draws and hooks with my previous set at std. My current set is 2* flat. That hook/draw seems to have gone away. I may go back and recheck this to see if this is truly case.

What about your wedges? Do you check and change based on irons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was fitted with standard so I’m good with off the rack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d be constantly experimenting if i had one

Sent from HTX

I probably would as well. I have been trying to figure out the most economical solution to acquire the necessary devices / tools. Not going to be a cheap proposition!

Dont get mine checked enough! Always just played standard. Never knew anything about lie angles until recently.

Was hitting some hard draws and hooks with my previous set at std. My current set is 2* flat. That hook/draw seems to have gone away. I may go back and recheck this to see if this is truly case.

What about your wedges? Do you check and change based on irons?

I bent my wedges too. It’ll be interesting to see the differences. I was hitting hooks with them too

Sent from HTX

I bent my wedges too. It’ll be interesting to see the differences. I was hitting hooks with them too

Sent from HTX

Are you hitting hooks with wedges or pulls? I realized my wedges (full shots) tend to just go straight but left of target.....might be more of swing issue?

Are you hitting hooks with wedges or pulls? I realized my wedges (full shots) tend to just go straight but left of target.....might be more of swing issue?

Hooks. Think power draw with a driver except with a 50° in my hands

Sent from HTX

I probably would as well. I have been trying to figure out the most economical solution to acquire the necessary devices / tools. Not going to be a cheap proposition!

Barebones a machine costs 150 from golf works. Then added on the non marring bronze bar for 20 and the non marring clamps for 20 ish too

Sent from HTX

Barebones a machine costs 150 from golf works. Then added on the non marring bronze bar for 20 and the non marring clamps for 20 ish too

Sent from HTX

Have been looking at that one. It does not include anything to measure lie and loft so that would be an additional expense. The only non-marring bar I saw on there was just shy of $100.

Maybe I’m wrong. Mitchell golf in Montana has them for sale too but I’m pretty sure they’re really expensive. They have some digital ones too

Sent from HTX

Maybe I’m wrong. Mitchell golf in Montana has them for sale too but I’m pretty sure they’re really expensive. They have some digital ones too

Sent from HTX

Mitchell is way out of my price range. If it was for a business with high demand, that would be the way to go. Would not be enough of a demand where I am to even warrant that expense even if I were to try to make some cash doing it.

Mitchell is way out of my price range. If it was for a business with high demand, that would be the way to go. Would not be enough of a demand where I am to even warrant that expense even if I were to try to make some cash doing it.

I’ll talk to the guy I work with tomorrow and see where he got his and I’ll report back to you. Maybe he has a hook up

Sent from HTX

Same here

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mine are supposed to be +2, but I haven't had them checked since they were built, so I should probably make that a priority.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Back