Golf Specific Sunglasses: What are you wearing?

Apparently they don't make the Prizm lenses for the Fast Jackets...looks like it's time to sell them and get the Flak 2.0s. WTF, Oakley?!

That's bush league. I've got the Rada Locks with a couple lenses and will be picking up something from the Prizm line for golf season. That aren't the most intuitive changeable lens but they are nice.

That's bush league. I've got the Rada Locks with a couple lenses and will be picking up something from the Prizm line for golf season. That aren't the most intuitive changeable lens but they are nice.

lmao, yeah...I bought the Fast Jackets so that it was easier/quicker for me to swap lenses in and out each round dependent on the weather, and then they decide to stop selling the new lenses for them. Brilliant strategy, Oakley.

I have four golf specific sun glasses. I have some older (around '97) original Oakley M Frame black/black iridium, then around '01 I got a new pair of Oakleys also an M Frame, silver/orange with Fire iridium lens. Then I have a pair of Peak Vision sunglasses. The back right before the Grandaddy in 2014 I got a pair of Callaway sunglasses.

Anymore I usually wear my Callaway sunglasses when I play.

Outside of those, I have two addition pairs of Oakley's that are polarized. I swap those in and out day by day. One Tinfoil's are gun metal gray with dark grey polarized lens, the other is a black Flak jacket with the positive red/purple polarized lens.

Nike Skylon Ace with Purple Golf Lens

I wear Rudy Project - Horus model prescription sunglasses. While technically cycling glasses they are great for golf as well. Rudy Project does have a line of golf specific sunglasses also.

Mine are 6+ years old and have held up very well.

I'll vouch for the Rudy Project as well as Maui Jim.

I just picked up my first pair of golf specific sunglasses this week. Oakley Flack Jacket 2.0 XL. I went with the standard polarized brown lens. I really prefer polarized lenses in sunglasses and the Iridium lenses cannot be polarized. Still may try to order a set of those too later. Have been a Maui User for a long while, but I cannot for the life of me find a style that I can use on the course. If I can see the gap between my cheek and the lens it (while playing golf) it bothers me. Oakley M Frame are the best, but not available on prescription, so I went with the next best which were the 2.0 XL.

First time on on the course will be next Thursday, so we shall see!

JM

I wear Oakley Flak Jacket XLJs with G30 iridium lenses

I have 2 different pairs of Peak Vision sunglasses. I bought them at last year's Memorial Tournament. I have a hard time finding glasses that fit my face right and these are quite comfortable.

I've tried a half a dozen or more golf specific lenses from Oakley, Callaway, Bolle, and Nike and I didn't like any of them. I wear sunglasses everywhere but the golf course.

I've tried a half a dozen or more golf specific lenses from Oakley, Callaway, Bolle, and Nike and I didn't like any of them. I wear sunglasses everywhere but the golf course.

Have you tried G30 or Prizm lenses? It's insane how much more clear you can see the course.

I'll vouch for the Rudy Project as well as Maui Jim.
I went on it's site yesterday and saw some that looked of interest.

I clicked the chat button to ask a couple specific questions, and the agent signed in but never answered my question. I assumed she was checking on it, but after two minutes of no reply or hang on or anything, I disconnected. Maybe I'll try again, as they appear they could fit what I'm looking for.

Have you tried G30 or Prizm lenses? It's insane how much more clear you can see the course.

I have tried those. I must have a mental block when it comes to wearing sunglasses while golfing. The funny thing is that I have activity specific sunglasses for skiing, driving, cycling, boating, etc. I just can't get used to them for golf, especially on the greens.

I, too, have a pair of Fast Jackets that I use for golf and MTBing. Have the black model so I can where them just about anywhere daily. I have just two lense options, smoke and amber. I really like the amber when the sun isn't out, not too often, but I'd prefer a yellow lenses in low-light situations.

I went on it's site yesterday and saw some that looked of interest.

I clicked the chat button to ask a couple specific questions, and the agent signed in but never answered my question. I assumed she was checking on it, but after two minutes of no reply or hang on or anything, I disconnected. Maybe I'll try again, as they appear they could fit what I'm looking for.

The fit on the Rudy Projects are really good. I went with the non-polarized lens and the vision is crystal clear.

Still rocking Kenny Power's Oakley M-Frames with persimmon lenses. Just perfect for golf.

I have a pair of Costas that I enjoy but after reading I'll have to try out these g30 lenses.

Neither are golf specific, but I have a pair of Maui Jim Makaha with the HCL Bronze lenses and Costa Manta with the 580G blue mirror lenses. I know a lot of folks don't like the polarized lenses for golf, but I think both pair are excellent.

Been wearing Nike Skylon Ace (Blue Tint) sunglasses for the past 3 years. Really enjoy them.

Neither are golf specific, but I have a pair of Maui Jim Makaha with the HCL Bronze lenses and Costa Manta with the 580G blue mirror lenses. I know a lot of folks don't like the polarized lenses for golf, but I think both pair are excellent.

Love Maui Jim, have a wrap around pair, forget the name with the HCL bronze lens. Also have a pair of spy optic polarized, which are great.

Tifosi, I think Canadan did a review on them...solid sunglasses.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Callaway Q Schools, let my father in law borrow them once and ended up having to track down a pair for 3 other people.

Just received my Flak 2.0 XLs with Prizm lenses, upgraded from Fast Jacket XLs with G30s. Going to put the FJs up for sale.

Love this site and this thread, not too sure what I'll choose this year, but will definitely have some prescription sunglasses this season.

I wear Oakleys now. I've always used them over the years.

Back