I also relieved a sleeve of these. Kind of excited to get to test them out and see how they work. Upon first glance they are not really a ball I would chosen first choice but then again I know very little about the real tech in balls. I play the srixon q stars as my normal ball and the casing on these titleist seems to be much less "sticky" for lack of a better word. I haven't put them into play yet. Hope to this weekend and see how they do.

I received the Orange numbered balls. I played Velocity's back when the Japan version with 2 numbers were available as seconds from Golfsmith in the bins. I was told (I think here) that those were the precursor to the Velocity balls. Played some Velocity a couple of times since and they felt similar.

Will try to play this weekend but we are going to Nashville to look at a dog to adopt. Will report back when I do play them though.

JM

Got a sleeve in the mail today with orange one. I was thinking velocity.
665b617f9c26aee647c15b7c56e59741.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gonna just play it though. Is the Orange number more of a Red Herring? :act-up:

JM

Tried my all blacks today and they were not very good. I will try them again but they won't be kicking the new Bridgestone Extra Soft out of the bag.

I received the black ones...trying them tomorrow :0 Supposed to be around 50* so i hope they are not rock hard in the cold. We will see

I got a sleeve too, hopefully going to put them in play this weekend.

I played my Test balls yesterday and can't say I'm impressed but it's a solid ball. Distance off the tee was average and had a nice penetrating flight and had some nice roll. Hitting into the green the ball had little spin to stop the ball and a handful of times I was off the back of the green.

Got a sleeve in the other day. Not sure when I will get out to test them.

Tried my black numbered ones again today. They feel like NXT Tour S. They weren't bad but distance off the tee was a bit inconsistent to me.

Got some of these as well. Orange numbers on them. First thought was Velocity, but haven't had a chance to get out yet and try them out.

Tested mine out yesterday. I must say I was incredibly impressed. Not sure which style I received vs. what you all did, but these were boiled egg soft and absolutely fantastic. I hit one tee ball that I never felt leave the club face! Quite enjoyed it!

Played one of the black number test balls yesterday. Suffice to say, I will not be dropping the B330-RX in favor of these. Felt like a gave up a little distance on all clubs. Best thing I saw with these balls was the backspin these produced when hit into greens. That is the one area where I would rate them equal to to B330-RX. I also saw a little lower ball fight across the board. Balls definitely had a softer feel than I was accustomed to. Somewhat similar to Chrome Soft.

I have played two rounds w the black number ball. Lost one during the first round.
I was able to keep the ball in the grass. Iron shots behaved just as I expected - distance, spin, soft feel, and ball flight.
Feels good off the putter - a little hot compared to the ProV1x.
Like the ball. I guess I need to play the NXT balls to compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played the Orange numbered test balls twice now (lost one). Off the tee, they are pretty nice with maybe a touch more distance than the Bridgestone Extra Soft I have been playing this Fall. Fairway Woods and Irons were really no different, but when it came to those touch shots around the green, I just couldn't get any check. Even dropped an extra soft down and played the same shot a couple of times and saw much more control. Putts were predictable and rolled well.

Ill keep playing them until they are gone :alien: but can't say that I would game them at this point.

JM

I played my test balls again Wednesday and found them to be quite comparable to the Bridgestone Extra Softs and I found the Extra Soft to be just a bit better than the Titleist test ones which I suspect to be NXT Tour S. They are quality balls, but I am just more in favor of the Bridgestone balls.

I played the other day with the Red numbered ball (assuming it's the NXT Tour) and it used it for all 18 holes. Thought it was ok. My usual game is the Tour B330, which excels in the wind and around the greens for me. It was windy on yesterday and I found myself coming up short on multiple occasions. The Titleist seemed to launch a little higher and balloon. I had a few wedge shots that I thought were pin high and ended up well short. For someone else, they may work better in that respect. Durability was pretty good. I hit a few trees during the round and there was no damage that would affect playability. Around the greens, it was decent. More rollout than my gamer but not too much more and not as much grab from the bunkers.

I've been playing them on shots where I know the thick rough around here won't be in play, but I'm loving the ones I got. They're very smooth off the face of drivers and irons. They are very hot on the greens, but that takes a spat of getting used to, they do roll very well, just quick.

Back