Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds good me

I'm not sure if Terry Hills is still open or not. I know Batavia is and they're charging $17 for a cart and 18 holes. I know you Rochester guys like Terry Hills, but I'm not a huge fan. I think it's over priced for what it is.

I know you Rochester guys like Terry Hills, but I'm not a huge fan. I think it's over priced for what it is.
How dare you speak bad of TH! Haha j/k I enjoy most of the course (hate the 9 holes that have all the par 5's), but agree with the pricing remark. I'd play Batavia CC if it's the same distance as TH.

How dare you speak bad of TH! Haha j/k I enjoy most of the course (hate the 9 holes that have all the par 5's), but agree with the pricing remark. I'd play Batavia CC if it's the same distance as TH.
Batavia's greens leaps and bounds better than TH although everyone's greens are shaggy this time of year. I think Terry Hills landscaping and fairways are nicer than Batavia but that's where it ends for me. Batavia is about a 2 minute ride from TH.

I have to get Ben's input too before changing things up. Gotta agree with Jimmy that TH is not my favorite course but prefer BTC over both TH and BCC. Also, for Greg, Terry Hills actually adds 30 mins to his drive.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Had a good time at BTC with greggdrews today. Felt a lot colder than I thought it would be. Round was slow, almost 4:45...idiots in front of us. Greg dialed it in with the driver through the last 12 holes.

It's crazy to think you guys can play this late in dec and that you have set a lack of snow record. Gregg and driver are fun to watch.

It's crazy to think you guys can play this late in dec and that you have set a lack of snow record. Gregg and driver are fun to watch.
Dean and I played yesterday, and the pro shop guys told us they plan to stay open for a few more weeks and were already booked solid for next weekend.

No warmups and low 40s made for a slow start the first 5 holes. I was waiting to see the greggdrews machine off the tee. From 6 on he was. He was striping the xxio driver.

3 times I was inside 75 yards and 5 more strokes from there to hole it for double bogey on each one...aggravating!

Sorry I didn't get back to ya this morning Andy. I over slept lol. I did get out at Batavia and had some nice company in Amanda. Shot 74. Had to start on the back and shot 39. 4 bogeys 1 birdie and 4 pars and shot 35 on the front. 8 pars and 1 birdie.

Sorry I didn't get back to ya this morning Andy. I over slept lol. I did get out at Batavia and had some nice company in Amanda. Shot 74. Had to start on the back and shot 39. 4 bogeys 1 birdie and 4 pars and shot 35 on the front. 8 pars and 1 birdie.
No worries. Nice score...shot a lot better than me :)

It was colder than I thought it was going to be out there today, and my game started out matching the weather with no bright spots. Hole of the day for me and Andy was a par 4, we both hit great drives but both of our approaches were just short and I was in the bunker. Andy chips in for bird of course and I sank about a 15ft putt to save par. Minus the slow ass group in front of us it was a great time and Buffalo Tournament Club was a nice course still in good shape. No clue what I shot because after the first 2 holes I gave up on giving score but after about 6 holes my game started to come around. I blame the lack of Genny Cream Ale. I hope its just a tad warmer next weekend or else I'll be inside.

Man I'm surprised you guys were as cold as you were saying. I teed off around noon and it was 48 when I teed off and I felt great.

Man I'm surprised you guys were as cold as you were saying. I teed off around noon and it was 48 when I teed off and I felt great.

It was like 45 but with the wind it felt like 37 to me. There were a few holes where it felt like we were going to warm up but then it just seemed to get colder after that, I blame it partially to the slow play and waiting on every shot.

I was chilled to the bone. Should have layered more but thought it would be warmer.

I was chilled to the bone. Should have layered more but thought it would be warmer.

I did that a couple years ago when playing with my brother and a couple of his friends in oct. Weather,an had it in the 60s. Brought no pants and only a light 1/4 zip. Was closer to low 50s

It was colder than I thought it was going to be out there today, and my game started out matching the weather with no bright spots. Hole of the day for me and Andy was a par 4, we both hit great drives but both of our approaches were just short and I was in the bunker. Andy chips in for bird of course and I sank about a 15ft putt to save par. Minus the slow ass group in front of us it was a great time and Buffalo Tournament Club was a nice course still in good shape. No clue what I shot because after the first 2 holes I gave up on giving score but after about 6 holes my game started to come around. I blame the lack of Genny Cream Ale. I hope its just a tad warmer next weekend or else I'll be inside.
Stop me if you've heard this one before....

Batavia's greens leaps and bounds better than TH although everyone's greens are shaggy this time of year. I think Terry Hills landscaping and fairways are nicer than Batavia but that's where it ends for me. Batavia is about a 2 minute ride from TH.

I played Victor Hills East with my brother in law and his retired buddies last week, course was in great shape, $22 for 18 with cart, besides they have 3 courses there to play, keeps from getting to bottled up.

For all of the Rochester people, did you hear Shadow Pines is no more? Going to be developed for housing.

It was my favorite public course.

For all of the Rochester people, did you hear Shadow Pines is no more? Going to be developed for housing.

Really?? If they did that to Shadow Lakes, I wouldn't have been upset but I liked Shadow Pines.

I actually overheard that at the Pennfair holiday party, I really enjoyed the front 9 (back not so much). I am a little surprised by the news, but I will say that the course's conditions have gotten worse and worse over the years. Stinks that there will be one less course, but oh well.

I live in the 3rd snowiest place in the US in upstate NY, and we are going to play golf Thursday afternoon, and also calling for 60 on sunday which will make for another great day of golf. This was unheard of when I was a kid we would be under feet of snow by now.

There is a course here outside of Albany (Eagle Crest) where this rumor has been floating for two years now. I keep hearing the owners want to sell it, and the appraisal value of the golf course is around $1-$3 million....but the appraised value of undeveloped housing land is somewhere around $10 million.

Anyone plan on playing this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back