Wilson Staff C200 Irons Review Thread

Nice work dave and johns

I've been shopping for irons for about two months and this sounds promising. Distance from 6 iron to GW isn't an issue, just need help on miss hits. My only concern against the other two sets (JPX EZ or GMax) are the 4-5 iron. If anyone can speak on the differences and the benefits of the C200 in the longer irons for launch, distance, forgiveness it would be a big help. Did see a video review on the C200 already. Here is a link if no one has seen it yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZUHjKUsjCw

I'll tackle this with an anecdote:

Was playing with fellow THPer Golfinnut before the holidays. On a longer par 3 (playing IIRC at about 190 with the green above the tee) I chose 5 iron for my tee shot. I struck the shot out on the toe - badly. I knew I had toed it and Golfinnut replied to that effect before the ball had even landed. I looked at the face of the club and saw some sharpie residue from my alignment mark running along the border between the satin finish of the grooves and the chrome finish on the toe. I showed Golfinnut and we both figured I would have a fairly long pitch to get up and down.

We headed up to the green and started looking for my ball about 30 yards in front of the green on the right where we thought it landed. After wandering for a bit Golfinnut spotted it and pointed it out. When I got to the ball I estimated I was about 10 yards short of the green with a much better chance of getting up and down (which I failed to do). But we were both pretty amazed and how little distance was lost on such a poor shot.

Thanks Molten, Dave and JohnS for the great reviews.

Its meat to read how we'll these are performing for a whole spectrum of handicaps from low to high.

Wilson Staff C200 Irons Review Thread

Have any of the testers tried the Callaway XRs? How do they compare to this forgiveness wise?
I am getting the impression the C200 can give Cally a good run for their money...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have any of the testers tried the Callaway XRs? How do they compare to this forgiveness wise?

Only on a launch monitor, so I wouldn't put too much faith into this, but the C200 won on forgiveness when I swung it against the XR.

I am getting the impression the C200 can give Cally a good run for their money...

Similarly, and yet very different irons.
If you are planning on coming out to the THP Regional Rivalry for your region this year, you can test my set out.

Ok so for those who have had these in play, have you had to change the bottom and top of your bags due to distance gains? I didn't have much time with them on course but from what I've seen is I'm about a club longer with them including the set gap wedge. If I were to have these in the bag I would have to add another wedge, probably a 52* to close the gap of set gap wedge and sand wedge

Am I correct in reading that the C200's are longer for you than your Apex CF16's? I'll be very interested in hearing from those of you with the CF16's & how they compare to the C200's!

Am I correct in reading that the C200's are longer for you than your Apex CF16's? I'll be very interested in hearing from those of you with the CF16's & how they compare to the C200's!

They were longer than my Cobra FlyZ+ irons. The Apex CF and the C200 are similar distances for me

Just getting caught up in here and the additional reviews are very well done. Love seeing a set GW and these distance gains have me pondering how I can get some swings with these. Loved seeing that they have a way to test them out.

JM

Fantastic reviews on these clubs!
Makes me wish that I did not already have three sets of irons - I need to see and hit these clubs!!
Thanks for the information, gents!

Keep those reviews coming...

Keep those reviews coming...

Fantastic reviews on these clubs!
Makes me wish that I did not already have three sets of irons - I need to see and hit these clubs!!
Thanks for the information, gents!

Hey Guys...thanks for these reviews. I've been intrigued with these when I first saw the pictures on the WS website. I currently bag the D200's and I really like them but these appear to be better suited for me with the new technology. I'm seriously leaning to upgrade to the C200's.

This thread is brand new due to the THPers having to wait until yesterday to post their reviews which makes sense and already it's VERY active.

Does anyone have some additional pictures of the graphite shafts that are offered with these?

Keep those reviews and comments coming. It appears that many of us are interested in these!

Hey Guys...thanks for these reviews. I've been intrigued with these when I first saw the pictures on the WS website. I currently bag the D200's and I really like them but these appear to be better suited for me with the new technology. I'm seriously leaning to upgrade to the C200's.

This thread is brand new due to the THPers having to wait until yesterday to post their reviews which makes sense and already it's VERY active.

Does anyone have some additional pictures of the graphite shafts that are offered with these?

Keep those reviews and comments coming. It appears that many of us are interested in these!

Here ya go.
Not sure if you are planning on joining in on the THP Event coming to your area this year (Regional Rivalry), but if you are there, you can test my set on the range and course.

9a7edc44701039df29862b3f308c557f.jpg

Thanks JB!
These look awesome!

How would I find out about any THP event in my area (Pinehurst)?

Thanks!

C200 and 545
C200 on right
5f9c14eb7542c12946749ce858034e62.jpg

C200 on left
cc2cb384f462034f5d3072bd4717c257.jpg

Much appreciated 441.

Going to a store that carries Wilson today. There's a chance I leave with an order in for these...

Thanks for posting the pic of the c200 and the 545. Very interesting

Thanks Mr441! Ponder mode is on.

Can anyone who's hit other irons with the slot type technology such as the Speedblades or RSi1s/2s comment on the feel & sound differences?

I know that in the short time I had the Speedblades (which I didn't really hit any better than my D100s, but pure shots went further) I noticed that the longer irons had a distinct sound & feel to them vs the shorter irons. Curious to know if there's that distinct pop sound on certain hits with the C200s.

We have a thread and an upcoming Regional Rivalry with the much maligned Dee Em Vee.
Thanks JB!
These look awesome!

How would I find out about any THP event in my area (Pinehurst)?

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Great reviews & posts so far guys! I'm still gaming the Di11s (bought them and joined THP based on that review thread). I have liked Wilson Staff since then, and I'm definitely looking to try these out this year. I'll probably be pestering the crap out of the Dean brothers to try theirs out:alien:

Just caught up and wow...great reviews guys !
These are definitely on my ponder list now.

Can anyone who's hit other irons with the slot type technology such as the Speedblades or RSi1s/2s comment on the feel & sound differences?

I know that in the short time I had the Speedblades (which I didn't really hit any better than my D100s, but pure shots went further) I noticed that the longer irons had a distinct sound & feel to them vs the shorter irons. Curious to know if there's that distinct pop sound on certain hits with the C200s.

The C200 does have a sound of its own, and it changes as contact moves around the face. I have hit the speedblade 7i, (I think that's the last iron with a slot) but not side by side against the C200. The Speedblades are really very good irons, but the C200 just gives so much help over the entire face.

The C200 does have a sound of its own, and it changes as contact moves around the face. I have hit the speedblade 7i, (I think that's the last iron with a slot) but not side by side against the C200. The Speedblades are really very good irons, but the C200 just gives so much help over the entire face.

And the face contact was why I stuck with my D100s. Mishits were far less penal with those vs the Speedblades. Sounds like the C200s combine the best attributes of those types of clubs.

Just caught up. Great job on the reviews guys. Lots of really good info. Sounds like W/S is really bringing it with their 2016 lineup.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Back