PXG signs Anna Nordqvist and Katherine Kirk

Just don't see how signing someone like Kirk helps a luxury brand like PXG. Would be like a web.com guy endorsing Maybach.

Seems like PXG is leaning towards the LPGA more than the PGA, not a bad move IMO.

Just don't see how signing someone like Kirk helps a luxury brand like PXG. Would be like a web.com guy endorsing Maybach.

Maybe I’m a cynic, but think the message is:

Look at all the pretty ladies, and while your here buy some clubs.

Maybe I’m a cynic, but think the message is:

Look at all the pretty ladies, and while your here buy some clubs.

Marketing 101 says they are sponsoring players to sell clubs. Whether that be through brand recognition and/or something else, that is the reason for sponsoring athletes. It can be said a number of different ways to change the tagline, but its about sales.

What I find interesting is that Sadlowski signing gets thought of as pointless because he is not on TV, but LPGA players are considered a worthy investment?

FWIW, I think both can be if marketed accordingly, its just interesting how brands are viewed.

Aren't all signings about brand recognition/exposure and interest and as far as a worthy investment, that would depend on the investment($$$).

The two things I've heard today that "interested" me were Finau playing PING and Dufner pretty much a FA and playing Mizuno and TM now.

Marketing 101 says they are sponsoring players to sell clubs. Whether that be through brand recognition and/or something else, that is the reason for sponsoring athletes. It can be said a number of different ways to change the tagline, but its about sales.

What I find interesting is that Sadlowski signing gets thought of as pointless because he is not on TV, but LPGA players are considered a worthy investment?

FWIW, I think both can be if marketed accordingly, its just interesting how brands are viewed.

I’m the person that things the sadlowski signing is questionable. I wouldn’t say any signing by a brand is pointless and as you said it’s about marketing. Somehow Lydia Ko and Michelle wiecwhen they signed with Callaway were both great. Lydia or anyone LPGA player signing with pxg and for the most part even Pga players isn’t that big of a deal or questionable. Signing a world number one with major title and double digit victories as well as winsthat canecas an amateur and now someone that has 2x as many LPGA wins as Wie and twice the majors gets played down.

IMO long drive is a niche market and the number of golfers who know sadlowski whether core or weekend hack is going to be small compared to some of the names on LPGA and Pga.

I hope Cleveland and sadlowski pairing do well and sell clubs...do I think it will work...not really and imo maybe a push between how many clubs he is reaponsible for and how many Anna or other pxg staffers are or even Wie.

I think it’s awesome THP, Cleveland and Sadlowski were able to work out for him to be at an event and I’m sure all who go are king to have a blast talking and hanging out with him, but in reality you remove that tie in and his signing doesn’t get 3 threads and a homepage article.

I don’t take issue with it, but I’m more likely to watch Sadlowski on YouTube than I am to watch women’s golf in any format.

Haha...

Well being that one of the threads says Jamie Sadlowski is coming to a THP Event...Yes, that would obviously not be there if he were not coming to a THP Event.

Then we have a thread for the signing...Which is common and got the same thing when he signed with Callaway (and it had tons of comments way back in 2013 on it) (just like the thread here or the Patrick Reed one). And one thread pointing to an article on the home page on an opinion why it makes sense. Which is done on just about every home page article we do so they dont get lost to our forum members, but this is fun...

This should help clear up the confusion : )

I don't understand how signing any LPGA player makes much sense, unless it's for the T&A factor. The exposure and viewership on that tour is tiny (which is a shame because the players are really good).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is news? snooze....

It just seems any signing thread, and the attention and validity it's given, directly relates to the OEM, not the player.

There's a contradiction when the same player signing with one company supposedly moves the needle but doesn't with another.

I don't understand how signing any LPGA player makes much sense, unless it's for the T&A factor. The exposure and viewership on that tour is tiny (which is a shame because the players are really good).

IMO most signing on PGA tour or LPGA tour have a big influence on club sales. If you look at some of the witb there are some old clubs in Pga bags. At one point Nike had tw, rory and Wie all playing their gear and their sales/growth wasn’t there. Outside of a tw growing the game and maybe 3-4 guys on Pga tour bringing in fans and maybe sales there aren’t many pros that move that equipment needle.

Signing threads are fun and a good way to generate golf talk but unfortunately not all are considered equal.

As far as Kirk is concerned they are probably not paying her that much. Throwing her a set of clubs, a couple of bucks and some incentives.

I am all for growing the game for all players, but when the most recognized female golfer can't even compete on the Futures tour it's not unreasonable for people to ask how effective these signings are.

Well being an internet golfer I pay close attention to this stuff but it has no impact at all on what equipment I buy. I won't buy PXG equipment its way out of my price range and I won't swap out my bag because my favorite PRO's went to different OEMs either. I play what I like and what works for me. I think most people that buy PXG do it as much for status as performance. I play a lot of public courses as a single and I have only seen one guy in the last couple of years will PXG irons, I am sure that's different at the Private Country Clubs where the members have the cash to fork out for them.

I just can’t understand why they keep going this route

i’m with you dude. if they’re targeting wealthier women who play lots of golf at a cc, ok i get that but is that really such an untapped demographic?

PXG isnt a golf club company, its a lifestyle company. Signing LPGA players goes a long way to making sure that the CEO and his wife are both happy when flying in on the private jet to play Scottsdale National.

I am all for growing the game for all players, but when the most recognized female golfer can't even compete on the Futures tour it's not unreasonable for people to ask how effective these signings are.
I hope you're not referring to Lydia Ko. 11 top tens and 5 top fives in 26 events in 2017...can't complete on the futures tour? If you are, that may be one of the dumbest things I've seen you say.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I hope you're not referring to Lydia Ko. 11 top tens and 5 top fives in 26 events in 2017...can't complete on the futures tour? If you are, that may be one of the dumbest things I've seen you say.

I’m referring to Paige Spiranac

I’m referring to Paige Spiranac
She's the most recognized female golfer where, on Instagram?

He’s talking about Paige. Just the continued hate for Parsons and anything he does. Ignore the fact he’s done more for women’s golf this year than any brand with the sponsorship of college teams and the willingness to sponsor more women’s teams without sponsoring the men’s team if need be.

He’s talking about Paige. Just the continued hate for Parsons and anything he does. Ignore the fact he’s done more for women’s golf this year than any brand with the sponsorship of college teams and the willingness to sponsor more women’s teams without sponsoring the men’s team if need be.

I actually watched the video on the PXG site this morning. Was really interesting, and the thoughts about gender specific clubs, and the sponsoring of the women’s teams is a good thing, I think. As little as I know about college sponsors I can’t say much to that.

Back