Under Armour UA Drive One Shoe Preview

I'm down for the next release of these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im not going to lie, those look pretty awesome.

I saw a pic on another site with Spieth rocking what looks to be a new pair of UA golf shoes. They looked pretty sweet! Hopefully this is UA's next iteration of the Drive One shoe.

I must see these that you speak of!

Here is a variation of what Jordan is wearing now:

IMG_4428.jpg

Saw the grey version that I like more than that black one.

These new UA's look like the shoes that Freddy Couples is wearing. I'm not a fan.

They look so so. Need to see them first hand.

So just now getting around to replacing the soft spikes in the shoes and it was a battle! The UA machine that put those original Champ spikes in was set on high. I ended up having to just pull them out. It was a good workout. New spikes are in and ready for a little golf this afternoon.

So just now getting around to replacing the soft spikes in the shoes and it was a battle! The UA machine that put those original Champ spikes in was set on high. I ended up having to just pull them out. It was a good workout. New spikes are in and ready for a little golf this afternoon.

I had to drill holes on a few to get them out, a gripper spike tool was useless.

I had to drill holes on a few to get them out, a gripper spike tool was useless.
How has the wear and tear/durability been on them so far?

I never got to changing mine, I sold them. They were just too narrow for my wide feet, and by 18, even after wearing them for 5-6 rounds my feet were killing me. Hopefully the next iteration fixes some of that because I really liked the look of them

How has the wear and tear/durability been on them so far?

Mine look great thus far, esp. for being all white. I've worn them 90% of my rounds and try and clean them every few rounds. Impressed with how the white has stayed white.

I can't wait for them to be available to order again, still kicking myself for not picking them up.

Any particular reason that UA didn't roll these shoes out as a regular full release? Could have grabbed a lot of momentum this season - not that they won't later, but seemed strange to me.

Any particular reason that UA didn't roll these shoes out as a regular full release? Could have grabbed a lot of momentum this season - not that they won't later, but seemed strange to me.

They are experimenting to see demand. No reason to do a huge release and have it flop. I have no doubt you will see a full retail at some point

You guys know that Pliers or Channellock's work great to get spikes out, right? Try them out next time. I only use the spike wrench for locking new spikes in.

I went through the same, just replaced the spikes in my UA golf shoes a few weeks ago.
I have a rotten time with 4-5 of the spikes and it took me parts of two days to get the final spikes out.

I do love the shoes, have had them since May and they are the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned.

That just does not make sense to me. They are UA and they have one of the best players on the planet. Plus their corporate nature is not one of just sticking a toe in the water.You know, 'THIS IS OUR HOUSE"
They are experimenting to see demand. No reason to do a huge release and have it flop. I have no doubt you will see a full retail at some point

That just does not make sense to me. They are UA and they have one of the best players on the planet. Plus their corporate nature is not one of just sticking a toe in the water.You know, 'THIS IS OUR HOUSE"

It makes no sense and they blew it quite a bit. They know that too.
They had major problems with the cleat structure according to them and the QC to fit the masses is just not there yet.

Im not sure why, and I think its a major mistake, because 1% of the marketshare is available to a new brand with eyeballs on them.

I can only imagine the huge number of shoes they would have sold during the Fedex cup playoffs if they had any to sell. Usually companies like this are primed to capitalize on their players success and drive market share based on all of the attention their players are getting. Given the clothing being worn by my son and other kids that I see at my son's tournaments, it has worked for the clothing side (and hats) but strange that they didn't seem to care about the shoe part of it. I also don't see UA as a risk adverse company in that way. I see them as aggressively trying to grab market share from the big boys and it does seem to be an odd decision to "pass" on this part of the market.

They had major problems with the cleat structure according to them and the QC to fit the masses is just not there yet.

Interesting - not as if they were creating a "new" type of product and couldn't go to school on everything already out there - surprised it was tough for them. Were they trying to be too innovative?

Back