PXG signs Anna Nordqvist and Katherine Kirk

emart2173

#journey2017
Reaction score
Handicap
Anna has LET wins and 8 LPGA wins with two being majors and she was a video review away for wining the 2016 U.S. Womens Open.

Kirk is a little less known but has won at every level. 2 Symmetra tour wins, 6 Austalian ladies tour win, 1 LET and 3 LPGA wins.

PXG is starting to make some consistent noise on tour. I have to admit I was wrong, I didn't expect them to do what they've done.

Looking forward to seeing how Nordqvist and Kirk do with their new gear.

PXG is starting to make some consistent noise on tour. I have to admit I was wrong, I didn't expect them to do what they've done.

Looking forward to seeing how Nordqvist and Kirk do with their new gear.

Nordqvist has pxg wedges in play this past season

Does it matter...? Their prices will continue to limit their appeal to the masses. I understand that's not their goal but how do signing like this help their target market?

Does it matter...? Their prices will continue to limit their appeal to the masses. I understand that's not their goal but how do signing like this help their target market?

I'd say this signing will appeal to their target market quite successfully.

Nice. PXGs stuff and tour staff are solid now if they could just get rid of bs slogans and figure out a way to keep their owner / founders mouth shut

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Nice. PXGs stuff and tour staff are solid now if they could just get rid of bs slogans and figure out a way to keep their owner / founders mouth shut

Then they wouldn't be PXG, and where's the fun in that?

Nordqvist is a nice signing for them

Then they wouldn't be PXG, and where's the fun in that?
So, you DO understand what im saying lol

PXG is making things interesting with its ever-growing list of players. I'd love to be a fly on the wall at the fittings to see if it was about the clubs or the money but I'm starting to like the brand more.

Nordqvist signing will likely pay dividends do to her following accross tours and countries.

They aren’t trying to appeal to the masses. They want the clientele who don’t care about money and want the exclusivity. They are obviously doing something right because Callaway brought the epic irons out at a very similar price range trying to appeal to the high end market but with something that wasn’t limited quantity or exclusive.

Parsons is a guy people love or hate. Just like the brand targeting the high dollar client parsons isn’t trying to appeal to the avg golfer and his ads/bravado feed into what the brand is about so removing him or shutting him up makes no sense. Also from what I’ve been told by a sales rep the people that work for him love him as a boss/owner.

I like it. The women's game is so underrated and should get some good exposure from this.

It seemed every time I tuned into an LPGA event I saw Anna Nordqvist, good exposure for PXG.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I was lucky enough to following Katherine Kirk for her win last year from inside the ropes. I've never seen a player interact with the fans the way she did while grinding out a win in the final group. She's an absolute class act.

I believe she had at least a few PXG clubs in the bag last year too, but whatever she got out of this deal she absolutely deserves it. She'll be a great ambassador for them week in and week out.

Had to look up Katherine Kirk and immediately recognized her when I saw her pic, long hitting Aussie.

This is a really good signing for PXG with Nordqvist and should help them. Not really familiar with Kirk, so I will be curious to see if she is here in Indy this summer.

This is a really good signing for PXG with Nordqvist and should help them. Not really familiar with Kirk, so I will be curious to see if she is here in Indy this summer.
Kirk used to be Katherine Hull she got married as season or two ago. If that helps. Really nice I met her at a Symetra event in my hometown when she had just gotten out of college.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nordqvist has pxg wedges in play this past season

Yeah, I figured she was going to make the switch after watching her with the PXG wedges last year. Her short game was still suspect but least the wedges looked nice =)

Had to look up Katherine Kirk and immediately recognized her when I saw her pic, long hitting Aussie.

Kirk used to be Katherine Hull she got married as season or two ago. If that helps. Really nice I met her at a Symetra event in my hometown when she had just gotten out of college.

Milk man beat me to it. She went by Hull-Kirk for a bit too. I can't believe it's been roughly 15 years that she's been a pro

I'm betting most golf fans couldn't pick Kirk out of a line-up but know Nordqvist. That being said will these two golfers help sell $5K sets of clubs? Not sure.

Milk man beat me to it. She went by Hull-Kirk for a bit too. I can't believe it's been roughly 15 years that she's been a pro

That helps, now I know who she is.

I'm betting most golf fans couldn't pick Kirk out of a line-up but know Nordqvist. That being said will these two golfers help sell $5K sets of clubs? Not sure.

I don’t think parsons is signing these players to have them sell clubs to the masses. His market is the big money guys and those who want exclusivity. My fitter did pretty well in his first year with a pxg account and a couple guys that I see around the range didn’t buy because a tour player was on the staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think parsons is signing these players to have them sell clubs to the masses. His market is the big money guys and those who want exclusivity. My fitter did pretty well in his first year with a pxg account and a couple guys that I see around the range didn’t buy because a tour player was on the staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that's correct how does signing these people help PXG. Don't mean to be dense but I'm missing something here.

If that's correct how does signing these people help PXG. Don't mean to be dense but I'm missing something here.

IMO it gives them on course presence and fits into the model of how they market with the description of their clubs being sexy. There’s lots of signings by companies that are questionable in how they help a brand.

There may be some out there in the general masses that will say the clubs and bags look good they have some quality players let me check them out even if it’s expensive. But I’m sure it’s not to market to the general public like the rest of the brands

Back