Bridgestone leaving the UK...

Mizuno Blue

Reaction score
Handicap
Bandit
Bridgestone are pulling out of the UK market, I've just really got used to and was very happy with the B330 RX, oh well, gotta find me a new ball to play again!

Here's the release:

: If you play a Bridgestone ball, stock up on boxes now – the Japanese company is pulling the plug on its UK operation.
That means it will no longer sell any balls, clubs or accessories in the UK. The US operation – which includes sponsorship of PGA Tour stars like Brandt Snedeker and Matt Kuchar – will be unaffected.
The brand, which makes the popular B330 tour balls and the e series of balls, says it has taken the decision because of “prevailing market conditions, currency fluctuations and the outlook for long term sales”.
“Despite having lifted market share in the ball sector in the last three years, it has been determined that any future investment was unsustainable,” said UK Managing Director, Steve Kettlewell.
Bridgestone Golf (UK) will stop trading on February 29. [Unquote]:

I don't really agree with their "excuse" regarding currency etc, every other brand seems to cope very well trading over here, maybe their UK marketing and sales should have done better, have to admit, other than their balls I didn't come across much of their products or supportive marketing, so it's an in-house failure IMO.

Sucks for UK folks, Bridgestone's balls are my favorite out there. Not sure whether a marketing failure or maybe they just couldn't bust up whoever is no 1 over there (is it Titleist?), but regardless it sucks for UK Bstone fans.

Sucks for UK folks, Bridgestone's balls are my favorite out there. Not sure whether a marketing failure or maybe they just couldn't bust up whoever is no 1 over there (is it Titleist?), but regardless it sucks for UK Bstone fans.

I'd think Titleist is No1 everywhere, but Bridgestone is a very popular ball, especially the e6 and the B330 RX which I play.

In the world of Amazon, that may or may not end up being a hardship for you.

I'm 100% sure you'll still be able to buy them. At what price is the question.

Spent a few years playing Bridgestone balls and this year decided to give the Chrome Soft a try, but this announcement kind of makes my decision easier about which I will be playing from now on

Just need the yellow Chrome Soft to hit our shores now

That sucks. I don't think there is a better ball at cutting through wind than the B330

In the world of Amazon, that may or may not end up being a hardship for you.

I'm 100% sure you'll still be able to buy them. At what price is the question.

Other brands across the world seem to cope OK with the excuses they have declared.

Why not just give the selling rights for the balls only to an independent UK distributor and let them sell direct and control their own marketing/sales?

Bridgestone simply ship in bulk and let the UK distributor choose his outlets, like Pro shops only!

That's a shame. They make a great product. I'm surprised they are struggling financially to that extent in the UK!! Lot's of great avid golfers over there!!

Bridgestone makes great golf products but their business decisions are very questionable.

That is a bummer and I'd be interested in learning more about the decision and what factors went into it aside from the couple of lines in the presser. Especially considering total Bridgestone is the number 1 rubber company in the world, they can afford to operate a high visibility sector at a loss considering you're removing operations from a region that has one of the majors in golf, very interesting indeed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would be bummed too. Bridgestone is my main ball and the b330-RX and e6 is a good cold weather ball.

Back