Loft and Lie adjustments - how often and where do you go?

I have access to a loft and lie machine at the Dick’s that I work PT at, I check them myself every 6 months or so... I also check them when ever I order new clubs and get them in. You would be surprised how many times the loft and lies are off when you make a custom order (no matter the OEM)...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's a reasonable price?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Done right you will eat up close to an hours worth of time. What's an hour of your time worth. If I had to pay someone to check mine, knowing what goes into a good job I would be ok with $30.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Anytime I want cause I have a loft lie machine in the Man Cave
d9620e6d539d8bf905ae5aa021b4ec53.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This is awesome :)

Anytime I want cause I have a loft lie machine in the Man Cave
d9620e6d539d8bf905ae5aa021b4ec53.jpg

Hook me up with some info. Where did get it, how much did it cost, etc? Want one bad but don't want to break the bank for a couple time a year personal use.

Hook me up with some info. Where did get it, how much did it cost, etc? Want one bad but don't want to break the bank for a couple time a year personal use.
You actually get more use out of it than you think. Especially if u use forged irons. They bend more often than you might think.
Only spent about $700 from Golfwrx

Also invested in a L & L vise for my home bench. I wasn't always confident the shop was as detailed oriented as I am. I like experimenting. And, it calms me down the night before a tournament to go through my bag. Other than that I usually do it when I don't like my gaps. Always have felt like you should be able to hit 3 clubs into every target, if I can't lean on the shorter club and get it to the "average distance" of the next lower lofted club then I go in and look at them.

I use this one:

https://www.golfworks.com/economy-iron-bending-machine/p/GW0053/

The key is to anchor it securely to something super heavy. I'd guess my bench in my basement is 120 pounds and you still feel it unweight when you really lean on a cast club.

Also invested in a L & L vise for my home bench. I wasn't always confident the shop was as detailed oriented as I am. I like experimenting. And, it calms me down the night before a tournament to go through my bag. Other than that I usually do it when I don't like my gaps. Always have felt like you should be able to hit 3 clubs into every target, if I can't lean on the shorter club and get it to the "average distance" of the next lower lofted club then I go in and look at them.

I use this one:

The key is to anchor it securely to something super heavy. I'd guess my bench in my basement is 120 pounds and you still feel it unweight when you really lean on a cast club.

That is the one that I have been leaning towards. I am guessing that it can only be used for irons and not putters? You have not experienced any issues with it?

I use this one:

This is also the one I use. It's made by Golfmechanix. You can find it on sale from their site for under $300 at times. It's the most accurate "economy" L/L machine out there. I used to have mine just bolted to a workbench I built and worked great. Right now it's just sitting in a box because I don't have a workbench. Good thing I live close to @golfinnut so I'll just use his.

That is the one that I have been leaning towards. I am guessing that it can only be used for irons and not putters? You have not experienced any issues with it?

I've never had any issues with it. Does not work for putters "technically". To be honest though, unless you have an anser style putter you need different bending bars anyway.

I bent a few Anser style putters with it. No bueno. I got away with it a few times then a put a big ding in a SS Byron Morgan. Oops.

You might could fabricate something to adapt a putter head into the vise, but it would be a task. I take my putters to a local guy who has a nice putter vise.

Local small independent guy, once per year. I know loft and lie is amazingly simple but he flat out loves his work and his attention to detail with all things is superb.

So he's my guy.

Once or twice a year. Mid summer and depending on the winter, If the ground freezes and we play through it I’ll get them done after the thaw.

Since I went back to cast clubs I haven't even thought about having them checked.

I really need to do this. I’m glad this thread popped up.

I go annually, usually sometime in June. Just a local pro at a course nearby. The price is right, he does it there on the spot, and he has all my 'numbers' saved, so I don't have to go through the 'fitting' aspect of loft and lie every time.

~Rock

I check mine a few times a year and adjust them myself. It's nice to have a Mitchell. I'm always amazed at how off they become after playing tons of rounds.

Back