JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Some people probably remember the apparel with a "similar name", but this brand is launching in the Spring and will be what they call Ultra Premium, custom fit golf equipment. I am learning a bit about this right now and those behind it and will have more details really soon.

Ultra premium custom fit golf equipment............interesting.

I thought this was about golfing in temps like that and I was going to say heck 60 degree weather is fantastic

So basically a company in the same vein as PXG?

• Admin
So basically a company in the same vein as PXG?

Their tagline is going to be more about ultra premium at still fairly affordable prices. Affordable being the keyword there...Because from what I am learning its going to be somewhere in between current OEM and XXIO, PXG, etc.

Was not expecting this to be a thread about premium custom equipment. But since it is, can't wait to learn more.

I thought this was about golfing in temps like that and I was going to say heck 60 degree weather is fantastic

My first thought was scores that I will only shoot playing 9 holes.

Looking like Sub 70 golf... playing like mid 90's golf

I remember the clothing line well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this has fill a spot in the market. It sounds exciting.

Sounds expensive to me! Curious about the offerings though for sure.

Will be interesting to learn more about these guys. Probably not for me, as I'd have a hard time justifying prices higher than the current OEMs

Interesting. Looking forward to seeing more info on it.

Curious to see what they offer, but a little scared of that "ultra premium" pricing.

More competition amongst manufactures is good for us consumers.

More competition amongst manufactures is good for us consumers.

I think that depends. There are more people out there (I think anyway) that won't pay "ultra premuim" pricing. Golf apparal is already pricey if you ask me. Like J.Lindberg asking $240 for a hoodie... unreal.

Not to mention some of these boutique style manufacturers tend to cater to the skinny folks out there.

Intersting I remember the name from apparel, will be curious to see what they are bringing to market.

I actually have a couple pairs of their golf pants I bought like 5 years ago. Typically wear them in early fall, really liked the fit, material and quality. Hopefully this approach will carryover into this new venture albeit I am surprised at this move into equipment. Only time will tell.

WOW that iron is sexy as hell. looks very jdm. really interested in hearing the tech story and what kind of performance various releases offer.

the pricing sounds really attractive. can you expand on the fitting? is it only available on-site in illinois, or are you guys looking to expand into different markets?

thanks for the engagement! looking forward to learning more.

WOW that iron is sexy as hell. looks very jdm. really interested in hearing the tech story and what kind of performance various releases offer.

the pricing sounds really attractive. can you expand on the fitting? is it only available on-site in illinois, or are you guys looking to expand into different markets?

thanks for the engagement! looking forward to learning more.

That MB just got my attention.... I like

you buy them so i can hit them. deal?

Haha depending on price but if they perform well and are priced how he mentioned I just may

With the fittings only in IL that runs the risk of limiting exposure doesn’t it? Or will you offer a method for those who can’t/won’t travel to purchase as well? That’s not a criticism, just curious.

I like the looks of the clubs, and I think if the price point is there these should do well. I’m very eagerly following along here, I love seeing companies come in and disrupt things.

Thanks! I'm obviously a biased source but I think it looks even better in person. The CB will have a matching look and those two models will be interchangeable so that people can create mixed sets.

For now the fitting is likely going to be in Illinois only. We're certainly willing to get our products out to other fitting facilities if it makes sense. We really want to keep offering the products at a realistic price point and they'll never be available through any retailer. I'm honestly not sure how easy it would be to get the products into some of the more specialized fitting facilities. It's a niche high end product by design and we'll definitely going to provide the best customer service possible. If people aren't proud to buy and play Sub 70 clubs then we won't consider it a success.

CB and MB are created to blend a set!?!? Ok.... now I need to find a way to get my hands on these to test... still kick myself everyday for getting rid of my cb/mb set I had.

Back