Thanksgiving Menu Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You had me at Sangria.

Trying something different because I want GG to like it.

Tempranillo Wine
Pears
Pineapple
Oranges
Brandy
Triple Sec
A little bit of sugar
Then it will be finished with sprite.

Trying something different because I want GG to like it.

Tempranillo Wine
Pears
Pineapple
Oranges
Brandy
Triple Sec
A little bit of sugar
Then it will be finished with sprite.
YUM!!!

That legitimately sounds really good.

That legitimately sounds really good.

First time making it, so will let you know. In a perfect world, I would have substituted the pears for strawberries or cherries, but they are harder to find right now.

First time making it, so will let you know. In a perfect world, I would have substituted the pears for strawberries or cherries, but they are harder to find right now.

I now honestly want Sangria. I bet the pears will work out nicely.

I like to have my prime cut from the bone and then tied together.
After prime rib is done leave the rib on the smoker for another 3 hours, the ribs are to die for

Prime rib is what I smoke for Christmas. Did that one year my Mom wasn't cooking. My Mom makes a great prime rib but mine was even better. The end slices were the same as the middle.

I like to have my prime cut from the bone and then tied together.
After prime rib is done leave the rib on the smoker for another 3 hours, the ribs are to die for

I will have to think about this. I normally have them deboned and tied but this sounds interesting.

Just made a trial run of Sangria. Like what it is looking like and in about 6 hours, I will know how close we are for Turkey Day.

You had me at Sangria.
Amanda and I recently made an "Apple Pie" Sangria and it was delicious. I'm not a wine guy AT ALL but this was pretty damn good.

So this thread got me to thinking ... might see about making my chipotle smashed sweet potatoes.

Going to be at my dad's ranch so Thanksgiving will be at my Grandma's in Branson. Haven't been there in awhile, but I would imagine the typical Thanksgiving fare will be served. My sister, who graduated Culinary school last year will bake some amazing pies I assume

So the Sangria test batch was incredible. So we are taking the left over and using Sphere Ice cubes and making them to go with it for the main run which will take place the day before Turkey Day.

Mmmm traveling home to my parents. My mom makes my grandmas recipe stuffing and it's actually in the turkey cooking. It's my favorite thing on the table.

That and home made apple sauce is delicious

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Mmmm traveling home to my parents. My mom makes my grandmas recipe stuffing and it's actually in the turkey cooking. It's my favorite thing on the table.

That and home made apple sauce is delicious

My Mom makes the stuffing the same way and it's ohh so good!

Roasting a Turkey
Scratch made Gravy
Roasted Root Veggies
Garlic Mashed Potatoes (I use half and half and butter)
Home Made Stuffing with Turkey Andouille Sausage
I make a mushroom cream sauce with 5 different kinds of Mushrooms cooked with butter and then whole cream and Gruyere cheese. Goes over the Mashed Potatoes.
Steamed Broccoli for the health nuts

My wife "makes" pie which means she goes to the local market and buys it LOL. Usually Pecan Pie and Sweet Potato Pie.

My Mom makes the stuffing the same way and it's ohh so good!

It's amazing. I cannot wait!

My sons and a girlfriend coming down from Milwaukee plus a nephew and his family, so we'll have @ 12 people, The plan so far is:

Smoked turkey, stuffing, garlic mashed, candied yams, creamed onions, homemade cranberry sauce, mac & cheese, assorted vegies, my wife's apple pie and pumpkin pie.

Hi, every couple of years my son and I travel to the Fairmont in SF to enjoy thanksgiving. We like to cook dinner too, but I found this place several years ago and it is fantastic, I would highly recommend!

i am a very traditional guy and until the last few years would never have even considered eating out for thanksgiving. Now I feel like I missed out over the years. Mixing something like this in is a lot of fun!

our plan is to drive to the city in the AM on thanksgiving day, check into the hotel (sir Francis) then walk up the hill (or take the cable car) to the Fairmont. Our reservations are in the afternoon, we will eat, drink and have a good time and head back down the hill to watch the football game afterwords.

On Friday, we will walk down to the mall and get our shopping done. After the hectic shopping day, we will head to Alfred's steakhouse for another wonderful dinner.

Certainly not a traditional Thanksgivng, but we really have fun with it.

here is the menu. There are several menus they offer, but for our menu, look under the dinner labeled "Crown Room".

Happy Thanksgiving!

http://www.fairmont.com/san-francisco/pdf/saf-thanksgiving-2015/

ken

Last edited:
I think we are going to get a smoker for our turkey this year. Can anybody recommend a decent one?

My wife is big on tradition so we will have the traditional Thanksgiving fare. Turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, some kind of bread and such.

Just ordered a 12lb turkey and a 8lb bone in turkey breast from central market this year. Gonna try it with their brine this year. Always wanted to brine a turkey before frying so we'll see!

Agreed on the smoked turkey, we did it last year and will be doing it again this year, it's SO much better!

Our tentative menu:

Smoked Turkey
Carmalized Onion, bacon and Guyere dip
Green Bean Casserole (homemade with real green beans, nothing from a can)
Cornbread Stuffing with Apple, Sage, and Sausage
Mac & Cheese (made with several cheeses including Gouda and Cheddar)
Corn Casserole
Either Truffle Scalloped Potatoes or Rosemary Roasted Potatoes (we will cook both this weekend to decide)
Sweet Potato Souffle (this is my first year making it, so we will see how that goes)
Cheddar Bay Biscuits (homemade)
Cheddar Cheese Rosemary Bread (homemade)
And 3 different pies (my mom is responsible for the dessert)

Our Official Menu:
Smoked Turkey
Corn Casserole
Potato Gratin w/Truffle Oil
Rosemary/Garlic Roasted Potatoes
Sweet Potato Souffle (this is my first year making it, so we will see how that goes)
Cranberry Sauce
Gravy
4 different pies (my mom is responsible for the dessert)
Homemade Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and other fun Thanksgiving themed homemade chocolate
JB is making the Sangria

Last edited:
What time are we eating GG? That sounds like a great spread.

I'm going to my Aunt's house so she's in charge of cooking. I'm sure there will be the usual suspects, turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, cranberry salad, and maybe 6 bean something or other. I can't wait.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Green Bean casserole

Package of assorted fresh mushrooms
Fresh Green bean (steams cut off)
Olive Oil or butter ( 2 tblspns)
Two cloves of garlic minced
1/4 cup of flour
1 cup of chicken stock
1/4 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup sour cream
Salt/pepper
French fried onions

Sautéed mushrooms and garlic in oil or butter till soft. Add flour and chicken stock. Wisk to keep lumps out. Once flour has been absorbed add cheese, cream and sour cream. This mixture will thicken on low med heat. Once thickened, add beans and mix well.

At this point you can place pan in over or leave on stove top on a low heat. Lay a nice layer of Fried onions. This can be prepared the night before to save time on Turkey day. Enjoy and thank me later.

Thanksgiving Menu Thread

Our Official Menu:
Smoked Turkey
Corn Casserole
Potato Gratin w/Truffle Oil
Rosemary/Garlic Roasted Potatoes
Cranberry Sauce
Gravy
4 different pies (my mom is responsible for the dessert)
Homemade Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and other fun Thanksgiving themed homemade chocolate
JB is making the Sangria

I read your menu, watched football took a nap and I am ready for more.

I think we are going to get a smoker for our turkey this year. Can anybody recommend a decent one?

Find one that is made out of thick material and looks to seal up pretty well. I've been using a smoker with a side firebox (cheapy from Lowes IIRC), and I've not been disappointed once.

You can spend a ton of money on a fancy one, or you can McGuyver one yourself with a cheap hot plate, cast iron skillet, and a big terra cotta pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back