Gorse Golf Headcovers

Love it!! The owner is Crazy....literally that's his name. He caddied for our group in Bandon last summer. Awesome dude!

I've always wondered why people love colorful/intricate putter covers, but at the same time prefer plain headcovers

these look cool

Simple solution then would be to just not use one of those, no? I have several SC covers I never use when out practicing with my HS kids because of the girls on them, simple and easy thing is when I'm out by myself or with buddies I then toss one on.

Not being a smart ass here either.

sorry, i didn't mean for me. i meant how do i control what the other guy we get paired up with has in his bag? there's a time and a place for things like this, and i don't think the golf course is it.

Out of my price range but a cool option for those taking the style to the bag.

sorry, i didn't mean for me. i meant how do i control what the other guy we get paired up with has in his bag? there's a time and a place for things like this, and i don't think the golf course is it.

You don't but unless they're huge, what's the chances of the kid seeing them?

You don't but unless they're huge, what's the chances of the kid seeing them?

about 100% for my 6yo. 1) he notices everything, and 2) he is verrrrrrry curious about anatomical differences in boys and girls.

guaranteed 0% for my 4yo, though.

@c.a.eleric - I can count on one hand the total number of times I've seen much less been partnered with a dad and 6 year old kid so I don't think it's a problem that's likely to come up. But it only takes one time if it's your own kid that is exposed...in which case I'd just politely ask a playing partner to put it away for the round because of the kids and / or stay on the other side of the fairway for the round.

Love it!! The owner is Crazy....literally that's his name. He caddied for our group in Bandon last summer. Awesome dude!

So glad he got this off the ground. He was a great caddie and friend to us during our stay!! I’m going to grab one for my driver, one of the really wild inappropriate ones.

@c.a.eleric - I can count on one hand the total number of times I've seen much less been partnered with a dad and 6 year old kid so I don't think it's a problem that's likely to come up. But it only takes one time if it's your own kid that is exposed...in which case I'd just politely ask a playing partner to put it away for the round because of the kids and / or stay on the other side of the fairway for the round.

last comment from me and i'll let it be. i really didn't intend to hijack the thread with my own puritanical sensibilities ;)

agreed 6 is probably on the young side, but i've seen plenty of kids below teen age on the course with parents, and i just feel images of naked women cross a line.

i would never confront the playing partner, though. it's absolutely their prerogative to sport these covers.

i'll say again that the quality looks awesome. if they're willing to do custom covers and maybe blur some copyright lines, i'd hit them up for a special project or two that i have in mind.

Full disclosure, I know the owner of the company. He's caddied for me for years at Bandon. Great guy, love him.

The designs are not in my normal sweet spot - I'm naturally more conservative than this. But I still like them. We always say more options for the golfer is good. That applies here. Plus they are high quality products.

Personally, I think there's a market for this and Gorse Golf is going to do well. Think about how we've seen boundaries pushed on the clothing front to be more youthful and unconventional. Or how people are willing to spend money on limited edition ball markers that look like beer can tops. Why not unconventional limited edition head covers? Plus, I suspect some of those designs might do especially well in Colorado or Oregon :)

I'm going to buy one for my buddy as a Christmas present before our next Bandon trip. If nothing else I get to look at a naked women on his bag for a weekend. What can I say, I'm a guy.

Yup, Frank put us in contact with Crazy and the trip wouldn't have been the same without him there. I think if people knew the mind behind the product they would better understand the product, if that makes any sense whatsoever. If and when I head back to Bandon I do think I would need to purchase one of the covers to always have Crazy there with us!

Yup, Frank put us in contact with Crazy and the trip wouldn't have been the same without him there. I think if people knew the mind behind the product they would better understand the product, if that makes any sense whatsoever. If and when I head back to Bandon I do think I would need to purchase one of the covers to always have Crazy there with us!

I want to get one and have him autograph it for me! That would be pretty neat in my book, a personalized note from the man himself! Dude is awesome!

These are great. How new is the company? I never knew they existed.

Like'em even if the designs shown are not for me or would not coordinate with the bag. BUT my 26 yr old AF son who works on fighter aircraft would go for it. I sent him a Seamus BallMarker with the "BadMothaF..." and he loved it. May have to send him one of these.

Last edited:
The local Tex Mex chain has more provocative murals on their tables. I think the covers great, I have now have a birthday gift idea for my golf buddy.

Last edited:
I definitely get that take, but I also think not many pay attention to other people's headcovers, and driver usually comes off at the start of a round anyways

Love the head covers, something different than the usual, kind of pricy though.

Different is good (in this case)! I really like the designs!

Full disclosure, I know the owner of the company. He's caddied for me for years at Bandon. Great guy, love him.

The designs are not in my normal sweet spot - I'm naturally more conservative than this. But I still like them. We always say more options for the golfer is good. That applies here. Plus they are high quality products.

Personally, I think there's a market for this and Gorse Golf is going to do well. Think about how we've seen boundaries pushed on the clothing front to be more youthful and unconventional. Or how people are willing to spend money on limited edition ball markers that look like beer can tops. Why not unconventional limited edition head covers? Plus, I suspect some of those designs might do especially well in Colorado or Oregon :)

I'm going to buy one for my buddy as a Christmas present before our next Bandon trip. If nothing else I get to look at a naked women on his bag for a weekend. What can I say, I'm a guy.

I'm intrigued by the pin up girl one. It's tasteful I think. I'm not so sure my wife would like it but who cares what she thinks. :alien: I was going to check out their site, but when it says "Must be 18 to enter" on the home page it's probably not a good idea to look at it on the work computer. :comp:

I'll check out the rest of them later but out of the two in the review, I'd only buy one of them. I'm not much of a skull/Day of the Dead type of person. The quality does look pretty good though, at least from the pictures.

Prices seem a bit high, but I know there are a few of these head cover companies at about that level.

I think most of us will confirm... quality products here... but not necessarily a style that we would show off. Pricing seems a tad high but for those looking for pin ups, skulls and Mary J you have come to the right place!

I love the uniqueness of them. Nerfny has claimed the skulls for her bag, and no doubt I will rock the other one.

At work I wanted to get a females perspective, so I showed to a coworker who loves patterns and fashion. She really liked the designs shown on their site, and even though some werent for her, she thought the patterns and use of color was fantastic.

Nice review Dean. Although they are little too far out there for my more traditional tastes, I could see where the market would definitely exist even at their price points.

I know what to get you for SS next year :alien2:

I do not want skulls or naked ladies on my bag but I like their style, I had to go look for their website to see if there is anything I would put on my bag, sadly there are skulls and ladies everywhere.

fun fact, when you google gorse golf headcovers, the THP article comes up before their website.

Ditto above - and cool google search factoid

Some of the designs are certainly out there, but they aimed to be different, and I think we can agree they succeeded at that. There are some I wouldn't mind using.

I like this review, based on the prints and what I assume not hand made correct? Also over/under on Pete grabbing the pinup from you?

I really like these headcovers. Sure they are a little risque but I love the B Movie feel to everything.

The B movie feel is what attracts me as well as nothing really “matches”back to my bag

Well said Frank

Simple solution then would be to just not use one of those, no? I have several SC covers I never use when out practicing with my HS kids because of the girls on them, simple and easy thing is when I'm out by myself or with buddies I then toss one on.

Not being a smart ass here either.

You bring to FL in August?

last comment from me and i'll let it be. i really didn't intend to hijack the thread with my own puritanical sensibilities ;)

agreed 6 is probably on the young side, but i've seen plenty of kids below teen age on the course with parents, and i just feel images of naked women cross a line.

i would never confront the playing partner, though. it's absolutely their prerogative to sport these covers.

i'll say again that the quality looks awesome. if they're willing to do custom covers and maybe blur some copyright lines, i'd hit them up for a special project or two that i have in mind.

Serious question, what’s your stance on loudmouth? For me unless the person is being pervy about it like “hey check out my nudie cover” eh it is what it is

A bit expensive, but not out of line with what others are charging. I like the Day of the Dead cover and I need to go to their website and see what else they have.

Not necessarily something I would spend my money on (I'd prefer to try a couple dozen different balls at that price point) but I can see a market for them. Hopefully this is a successful endeavor for the guy.

Not necessarily something I would spend my money on (I'd prefer to try a couple dozen different balls at that price point) but I can see a market for them. Hopefully this is a successful endeavor for the guy.

I see a market for them too, and to be honest I think there are some posts in here that cement that belief.

Back