Gorse Golf Headcovers

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Good write up Dean. They definitely have some interesting designs, and they look high quality. While they're a little more than I want to pay for a headcover, I don't think they're unfairly priced for what they're making, just more than I'd spend. Poking around their website, I saw a couple designs I'd certainly put in my bag. I hope they do well, and that we see more out of them. I'd love to see what they do with putter covers.

[whisper] "Gorse" [/whisper] :quiet:

• Admin
Nice review Dean. Although they are little too far out there for my more traditional tastes, I could see where the market would definitely exist even at their price points.

I like the idea, but not necessarily the price

Without having looked at their website, I have one question - do they allow you to design your own headcover? (Curious as I recently stumbled across a company here in the UK that allows you to customise the headcover with your own design/logo/wording)

I like the idea, but not necessarily the price

Without having looked at their website, I have one question - do they allow you to design your own headcover? (Curious as I recently stumbled across a company here in the UK that allows you to customise the headcover with your own design/logo/wording)

It looked like maybe in quantity from the website, but I didn't see anything for one-offs. Their contact info is available for inquiries, on their website.

It looked like maybe in quantity from the website, but I didn't see anything for one-offs. Their contact info is available for inquiries, on their website.

Thanks, I will have a look at some point, but it sounds like the site I found over here would be better for me as they do custom one-offs

I do not want skulls or naked ladies on my bag but I like their style, I had to go look for their website to see if there is anything I would put on my bag, sadly there are skulls and ladies everywhere.

fun fact, when you google gorse golf headcovers, the THP article comes up before their website.

Looks like solid quality, and I like the limited quantities available, but not a fan of the design

I'm not sure how much I'd rock them but Im liking the "Night of the Dead" headccover theme. Pretty sweet. Thanks for the info and write up Dean!

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Some of the designs are certainly out there, but they aimed to be different, and I think we can agree they succeeded at that. There are some I wouldn't mind using.

I really like these headcovers. Sure they are a little risque but I love the B Movie feel to everything.

They do look very well made, just not the style that I would choose.

First off.... the name. When I read 'Gorse' I immediately thought of, is that what you call a horse getting goosed?

Craftsmanship and quality appear to be there.

Style - just not my thing; however my brother who still partakes in some wacky tobacky, I could see him digging it.

Pricing - for me is too high. Most of my drivers I purchase are in the $50-125 range, so to spend as much if not more for just a cover, no thanks.

I like different. Different is good. While these look like they are good quality, they are just not my style and I really think the price is too high whether they are limited run or not. That being said I'm sure someone will love them.

I meant Day of the Dead....not Night of the dead.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Some interesting designs or sure! While not a fan of the whole New Orleans style Day of the Dead theme there were a couple of others that I would put on my driver such as The Royal Skull, You're Pressed (with moneybags), and the Argyle Skulls to name a few.

The definitely look like a quality offering but the style is not for me.

Full disclosure, I know the owner of the company. He's caddied for me for years at Bandon. Great guy, love him.

The designs are not in my normal sweet spot - I'm naturally more conservative than this. But I still like them. We always say more options for the golfer is good. That applies here. Plus they are high quality products.

Personally, I think there's a market for this and Gorse Golf is going to do well. Think about how we've seen boundaries pushed on the clothing front to be more youthful and unconventional. Or how people are willing to spend money on limited edition ball markers that look like beer can tops. Why not unconventional limited edition head covers? Plus, I suspect some of those designs might do especially well in Colorado or Oregon :)

I'm going to buy one for my buddy as a Christmas present before our next Bandon trip. If nothing else I get to look at a naked women on his bag for a weekend. What can I say, I'm a guy.

First off.... the name. When I read 'Gorse' I immediately thought of, is that what you call a horse getting goosed?
A goosed horse...that's funny. Gorse is the huge thorny plant you see at true links course in Ireland, Scottland, England and Oregon

LOVE them.

I want some. Now.

Great writeup @ddec

quality definitely is there. but i think several are just inappropriate. if i take my kid out for a round, i don't want to have to field 20 questions about the "privates" he can see.

I like pretty girls without much clothing and I like skulls. And I think the price point makes sense.

But there's something about a pin up girl head cover that makes me think of Bill Murray's rose bowling ball from Kingpin. It's so kitschy that I couldn't imagine doing it unless I was a really good player.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

quality definitely is there. but i think several are just inappropriate. if i take my kid out for a round, i don't want to have to field 20 questions about the "privates" he can see.

Simple solution then would be to just not use one of those, no? I have several SC covers I never use when out practicing with my HS kids because of the girls on them, simple and easy thing is when I'm out by myself or with buddies I then toss one on.

Not being a smart ass here either.

Back