The 2018 Grandaddy Assistant Captain

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
For those that followed along with the live update thread of the 2017 Grandaddy event saw that we made mention that 2018 would have the amazing event back with a new twist or wrinkle. One of the past Grandaddy participants from Team THP, would be going along on the trip as an assistant captain, non-playing, but partaking in all of the other festivities and help make the event even better for those participating and of course those following along here.

HIDEAWAY-ESTATES-FOR-SALE-LUXURY-SOCAL-VILLAS-400x300.jpg

This thread is to explain how that works and how the person will be chosen. Obviously the criteria is pretty simple.

1. Be a past participant of the Grandaddy
2. Be a 2018 Albatross Club Member

This does not take a spot away from a lucky participant in 2018

The rest is up to the person. We will be choosing the assistant captain with the help of the captain once that person is announced. It will be based on activity level, commitment to the event and in general, following Harry Arnett's rule #1. Which every participant (and those that follow the event) know well.

Good luck everybody, an all expenses paid trip is waiting in the wings for the lucky THPer that gets hit by lightning twice.

Pretty solid odds for this one

I already have a few guys in mind that are very very well deserving! Best of luck to the alumni!

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

This is a fantastic twist. Good luck to all past participants! I hope to see whoever is chosen out there in December...

There are some great ambassadors worthy of this position - good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really love this addition this year, going to be fun!

Love this twist and I think it’ll really help the 2018 team - looking forward to seeing who joins the journey this year, there is a very very good candidate pool (and I’m not that person).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds awesome for a past participant to get to go back and do/see everything again.

JB, is this going to be a wrinkle for years to come or is it a trial this year and see how it goes before it gets adopted?

Think this is a great idea and love the odds. Can't wait to see how this progresses.

Sounds awesome for a past participant to get to go back and do/see everything again.

JB, is this going to be a wrinkle for years to come or is it a trial this year and see how it goes before it gets adopted?

We dont do anything "for years to come". Always evolving. Some things work great and we keep them for a while, other things don't work as well, so we scrap it. Taking chances is what has made THP unique.

Good luck guys! So many deserving choices!

Pretty awesome. Yes, I agree with the above. The odds on this is much greater than getting in for the first time. Good luck all past alums!

This is awesome, and I know every Grandaddy member has been thinking of going back constantly since the moment they left!

We've got some pretty awesome guys in the running for this one!

The 2018 Grandaddy Assistant Captain

Good luck I know there are a couple alumni that have been huge supporters of this event. I’m excited to see who it will be, and what the role will be. I’ve got no interest in it for myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Oh baby. Here we go!

That's going to be pretty great for one lucky person! This should really add another dimension to the event and it will be fun to see it from the Asst. Captains point of view as it is happening live.

Especially knowing "some" alumns are not as active as others....

Their loss. But its less about those who have walked away and more about those who still support it and I know thats what you meant.

Their loss. But its less about those who have walked away and more about those who still support it and I know thats what you meant.
Yes. The guys that are here deserve to go back for many many reasons. They add to the experience in a different way imo.

Yes. The guys that are here deserve to go back for many many reasons. They add to the experience in a different way imo.

no one on earth deserves this trip haha

Anybody who has been would be crazy to not to want to go back. Count me in.

no one on earth deserves this trip haha
Truth. But from making the experience that much better for the noobs....its a great addition to an already perfect experience.

I think this is a fantastic addition to the 2018 version of the Grandaddy and just another aspect of why this event rocks. I, as I’m sure most of the other participants, had a zillion questions leading up to the event. Certainly the excitement of the trip and all the goodies that awaited, but a lot of understated ones as well...like what to bring, what to wear to dinner, what is the bus etiquette, does Harry like the Rory ‘Hall of Fame’ song…

Having an assistant captain who has gone through the event, even ever-changing, will I’m sure be worth its weight in spades for the 2018 team.

Good luck grandaddy alum, this is an awesome opportunity. I'll be watching!

Back