Waterproof Golf Bag

Scott Cali

Reaction score
Handicap
Unknown
After getting caught and playing in a constant rain I have decided I need to get a waterproof bag. I have upgraded my waterproof apparel (and rain gloves), but not the bag. During the round the bag I was using actually filled up with water. My first thought was Sun Mountain (H2NO Lite or Superlite). Not interested in a cart bag, just a carry/stand bag. The only reason I started this thread is the SM bags are $259-&289 which is pricey so before I spend that kind of money I thought I would ask for help/suggestions

After getting caught and playing in a constant rain I have decided I need to get a waterproof bag. I have upgraded my waterproof apparel (and rain gloves), but not the bag. During the round the bag I was using actually filled up with water. My first thought was Sun Mountain (H2NO Lite or Superlite). Not interested in a cart bag, just a carry/stand bag. The only reason I started this thread is the SM bags are $259-&289 which is pricey so before I spend that kind of money I thought I would ask for help/suggestions

If you can find a Nike Hyperadapt bag I can't recommend it highly enough. Waterproof and you can adjust what you need on it. Super innovative design that I think could be found pretty reasonably as they discontinued making them.

THP had a great review on it, here is one listing but the shipping looks outrageous.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Hyper...273417?hash=item25e9800dc9:g:MIMAAOSw-09aSt6v

I’ve got a couple of friends with the Titliest StaDry stand/carry bags and they seem to be great bags.
I also saw some Google images of possibly new Callaway Aqua Dry bags since I need to send back my cart bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Budget golf has an awesome Titleist 4up sta dry for $115. I have the stadry and love it. I can attest that even in a downpour my stuff was dry

Up until very recently I'd have recommended my Bennington Q14 but now I'd have to caution against it.

Bought it late spring, It's seen maybe only 20 rounds. Yet the cooler pocket, never weighed down beyond one bottle of water and a granola bar, is tearing clean away from the body of the bag.

Not at all happy.

Wanting some pics of the bag that "filled up" w water.....

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Ping makes one thats very similar to the Hoofer. I think its called Monsoon. Not sure on price.

Budget golf has an awesome Titleist 4up sta dry for $115. I have the stadry and love it. I can attest that even in a downpour my stuff was dry

I like the 4up but I am not a fan of a 3 way top....too small, although I usually carry, if I am going to pay in the rain I will use my push cart so I can use a umbrella

Wanting some pics of the bag that "filled up" w water.....

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Haha, you know at the time I was so pissed off I didn't think of taking a picture, the puddle was in the long pocket on the side, there were a few casualties (mostly gloves)

Ouul has lightweight waterproof bag. budgetgolf has them for $149. I have seen them in stores, and, they are lightweight. But, I bought a rain protection cover - RainTek, since, my golf bag is decent, and, of course, I haven't played in the rain, since, I got it.

The Callaway Aqua Dry bags work really well. After playing on for the better part of the last 3 Years I missed it when playing in the rain in the fall. The only real issue with them was that the zippers were super tight which seemed to make the pockets tighter as well but I guess that is part of the reason why it’s waterproof. Never had an issue with anything getting wet

I like this Vice bag. @ around 8:30m he sprays the bag with a pressure washer while all his gear, phone and all, are still in the bag. Holds up pretty well.

[video=youtube_share;hOOUl2v-Gw4]https://youtu.be/hOOUl2v-Gw4[/video]

Back