lblanto1

Reaction score
Handicap
How much distance do you lose when the temps drop? I mean it you play in 40° weather or even high 30s, compared to 60 and above, do you lose a club’s worth of distance? How cold does it have to be for you not to play? Just went out in GA 39° and I felt like the ball was going no where.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Around 2 - 2.5 yards per 10 degrees below 75.

Played in high 40’s/low 50’s today, I was adding about a club on every swing. Wet, cold air just doesn’t let the ball fly. Being bundled up on top it, and you’re losing some speed.

I lose a lot.... Drives go about 0 now that there's snow on the ground.

But really... I find in about a club shorter... and the ground define doesn't give much roll. But ponds are much more friendly.

It's also harder to swing with all the clothes on so that could be the real issue.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I don't think I lose too much. Maybe a club.

When I play when it's cold, I play the W/S Duo & always keep several in my pockets so I can rotate them on each hole & keep them warm.

I plan on playing today with temps in the low 40s, so I'll try to pay attention to how much distance I lose.

I lose a solid club distance but it's a 50-60* difference between the cold of winter (40s) and heat of summer (110+).

I lose about 1/2 club but I try not to play if it's super cold. My wedges seem to lose almost a full club for me. Could be the swing though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I don't lose all that much but I very rarely play in anything below 40. On those rare days it's a good 1/2 club and I am usually happy to just be on the green.

Once winter sets in I am playing on a simulator 2-3 days a week.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Back