Official THE Ohio State football thread

Watching the buckeyes this year I'm reminded of last year's FSU team. They are good, but nowhere near as good as the year before.
Agreed...lots of eeking out wins.

Hopefulmy they get things going soon

No one would have OSU near #1 if they hadn't won the championship last year.

I think they will turn it around. But they should be dropped as of now. Last year's FSU is a perfect example. Above average team squeaking by average teams and eventually got blown the eff out when. They finally played a very good team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watching the buckeyes this year I'm reminded of last year's FSU team. They are good, but nowhere near as good as the year before.

Agreed...lots of eeking out wins.

Hopefulmy they get things going soon

Definitely. The difference is this year nobody is playing all that well. IU would have beat half of the SEC yesterday, as once again they are the most overrated conference ever created by ESPN dollars.

No one would have OSU near #1 if they hadn't won the championship last year.

I think they will turn it around. But they should be dropped as of now.

Passed by who? The top ten is in shambles and each team in the top five has played poorly at least once this year...

As much as I hate to admit it, until they lose they should be #1.

Yeah outaide of zeke the offense has been awful and it all starts at QB where they are only getting a small fraction of the production they saw during the late run last year

Utah for starters, everyone else has had a mix of impressive wins and clunkers, Ohio State hasn't looked remotely impressive against anyone except VT once the backup came in. The same VT that is 2-3.

Ohio State us talented and the capability to turn it around and be as dominant as they were late last year. But to this point they have barely looked like a top 10 team.

Utah at #1? The same Utah that struggled to beat Utah St?
Okay...That makes sense.

Utah at #1? The same Utah that struggled to beat Utah St?
Okay...That makes sense.

Is that different than struggling to beat Northern Illinois?

They also walloped Oregon and beat a Michigan team that has turned out to be halfway decent.

Who has looked better this year?

So last week TCU gives up 52 points to Texas Tech, barely winning the game and no one says anything. Texas A&M and Ole Miss win their games by single digits against bad teams and both games are considered just tough conference games. Ohio State hasn't lost in a full year and will only get better

I'm really concerned about the quarterback position.

Meyer showed he had absolutely zero faith in jones yesterday but didn't put in Barrett .

I'm not really sure what's going on.

Is that different than struggling to beat Northern Illinois?

They also walloped Oregon and beat a Michigan team that has turned out to be halfway decent.

Who has looked better this year?

Ohio St has to me personally.
Oregon is awful and Indiana is far better than people think.
Indiana would have beaten Oregon badly and half of the SEC yesterday too.

It goes back to the same thing said previously, they are in a cant win situation. Because of the ridiculous thoughts behind the SEC and their overrated (the last 2 years) hype, everybody else is viewed as playing nobody. When in fact its the SEC doing just that because they beat up on each other and play nobody out of conference.

Ohio St has done what they needed to do, with one of their best players hurt and a QB that has started all of 5 games or so total. Saying Utah should be ranked ahead of them after they barely beat Utah St is no different than saying Ohio St should be there.

The only thing we know for sure is that nobody is dominating and the SEC is the same as last year. Perhaps if they would get rid of the early rankings we would find out what really matters, but it will always be a sport of what ifs, because teams set their own schedule and people with agendas that dont watch the games are voting.

So last week TCU gives up 52 points to Texas Tech, barely winning the game and no one says anything. Texas A&M and Ole Miss win their games by single digits against bad teams and both games are considered just tough conference games. Ohio State hasn't lost in a full year and will only get better

Nailed it. Its just ridiculous how some of this stuff is viewed. Its a sport built on what ifs to create controversy, but its hysterical. I mean Auburn was still ranked after coming up a few seconds away from losing to a high school team.

Ohio St has to me personally.
Oregon is awful and Indiana is far better than people think.
Indiana would have beaten Oregon badly and half of the SEC yesterday too.

It goes back to the same thing said previously, they are in a cant win situation. Because of the ridiculous thoughts behind the SEC and their overrated (the last 2 years) hype, everybody else is viewed as playing nobody. When in fact its the SEC doing just that because they beat up on each other and play nobody out of conference.

Ohio St has done what they needed to do, with one of their best players hurt and a QB that has started all of 5 games or so total. Saying Utah should be ranked ahead of them after they barely beat Utah St is no different than saying Ohio St should be there.

The only thing we know for sure is that nobody is dominating and the SEC is the same as last year. Perhaps if they would get rid of the early rankings we would find out what really matters, but it will always be a sport of what ifs, because teams set their own schedule and people with agendas that dont watch the games are voting.

This has nothing to do with the SEC, I'm not saying any SEC team should be ahead of Ohio St. I just haven't seen Ohio St look remotely good in any game. Just look at the posts in here every week. The Ohio state fans are lamenting every week how bad they look. Indiana may turn out to be as good as you are saying they are, but so far they have not beaten any team with a pulse. Outside of each other neither of those teams have played a team with a winning record. We will find out more when that happens.

But the OOC schedule argument is silly this year. Go back and look at the teams The SEC played this year OOC. It stacks up against any other conference. I'm not arguing that the SEC isn't looking very average at the top, because it is.

I'm really concerned about the quarterback position.

Meyer showed he had absolutely zero faith in jones yesterday but didn't put in Barrett .

I'm not really sure what's going on.

The better we run the ball the better the passing game will get. Right now the only true receiver we have is Thomas and defenses are shifting safeties over to him. But if we start gashing teams on the ground they won't be able to cheat the safeties. The offensive line is starting to gel finally and that's only going to help the QB and the rest of the offense

The better we run the ball the better the passing game will get. Right now the only true receiver we have is Thomas and defenses are shifting safeties over to him. But if we start gashing teams on the ground they won't be able to cheat the safeties. The offensive line is starting to gel finally and that's only going to help the QB and the rest of the offense

You guys clearly just need to play Jackson St, Texas, Tennessee and Texas Tech.

While I agree with all that I just think Jones looks confused and his answer to it is either running sideways or throwing missiles at 9000 mph with no touch.

The offensive mess isn't his fault alone , but he looks far from comfortable. Granted it is only his 7th start .

This has nothing to do with the SEC, I'm not saying any SEC team should be ahead of Ohio St. I just haven't seen Ohio St look remotely good in any game. Just look at the posts in here every week. The Ohio state fans are lamenting every week how bad they look. Indiana may turn out to be as good as you are saying they are, but so far they have not beaten any team with a pulse. Outside of each other neither of those teams have played a team with a winning record. We will find out more when that happens.

But the OOC schedule argument is silly this year. Go back and look at the teams The SEC played this year OOC. It stacks up against any other conference. I'm not arguing that the SEC isn't looking very average at the top, because it is.

That's what happens when a team is told they're the greatest team ever assembled. Expectations were wayyyyyy to high by everyone about this team going into the season. Are they the most talented team in the country? Probably. That doesn't mean they are a good "team" yet. Losing the offensive coordinator hurts and it's something no one ever mentions. Ohio state started slow last year and once everyone got in a groove there wasn't a team that could stop them. They're winning the games they are scheduled to play.

That's what happens when a team is told they're the greatest team ever assembled. Expectations were wayyyyyy to high by everyone about this team going into the season. Are they the most talented team in the country? Probably. That doesn't mean they are a good "team" yet. Losing the offensive coordinator hurts and it's something no one ever mentions. Ohio state started slow last year and once everyone got in a groove there wasn't a team that could stop them. They're winning the games they are scheduled to play.

I've been saying since the first game losing Herman hurt.

I know Urban is a dictator of sorts and has final say on pretty much anything but Herman was a pretty dynamic mind and I think losing him hurt badly.

I agree with all of that, and I won't be surprised they are best at the end of the year. But right now they aren't in my opinion.

Yea but right now it doesn't seem anyone is either. Nearly half of the top 10 lost yesterday, and another 2 or 3 struggled. The only ones that didn't were Baylor and TCU, and TCU sucked last week against a team Baylor just destroyed. You can say OSU looks weak, but not a single team looks like they have earned the right to take #1 away from the defending national champs.

playing on the road in the big 10 is also no joke. Now if that game was at home then it's a slightly different story IMO

playing on the road in the big 10 is also no joke. Now if that game was at home then it's a slightly different story IMO

Well you had me until that.
The Big 10 is a below average conference and their away games this year are not all that difficult. Its not Ohio St's fault that the rest of the conference is bad, but lets not get carried away.

Well you had me until that.
The Big 10 is a below average conference and their away games this year are not all that difficult. Its not Ohio St's fault that the rest of the conference is bad, but lets not get carried away.

Not saying it's the hardest thing in the world or that it excuses bad play, but there is definitely a change in dynamic on the road.

Rankings out .

Ohio state still #1.

Let's hear some rage Maynard . I know you want to.

Official THE Ohio State football thread

Rankings out .

Ohio state still #1.

Let's hear some rage Maynard . I know you want to.

At least the poll voters are as knee jerk as some THPers :)

Back