Who do you think the best current pro is the best example for kids?

Rickie Fowler and Jordan Spieth are the only ones that really come to mind. Just cause they seem to be great with their fans, have no negative publicity, and are obviously talented golfers.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Still really hard not to go with Phil. Maybe not entirely but his demeanor and why he does it are a big reason why I'd pick him. His interaction with fans and youngsters is great as well.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Matt Kuchar seems like a good guy who isn't full of himself and stays out of the headlines outside of golf. Really seems to enjoy the game and does well for himself playing it.

Got to see him up close interacting with kids and he was awesome. Didn’t leave until every kid got an autograph and actually got smart with an adult who yelled at a kid for taking a picture of him.

None, I don’t want my kids looking to sports figures as role models.

Agreed. Ican't remember what rock star said it (maybe Marilyn Manson) but the gist was: If I'm a role model for your kids, then you're a ****** parent.

I've gotta go with Rickie Fowler. He was just voted the professional athlete with the best manners, so there's that. You don't ever see him blow up on the golf course, he carries himself well on the course and plays the right way. He does a ton of stuff for junior golf and junior golfers.

Agreed. Ican't remember what rock star said it (maybe Marilyn Manson) but the gist was: If I'm a role model for your kids, then you're a ****** parent.

I grew up watching some of the all time greats in all sports. I emulated George Gervings fingers roll, Freddy Brown’s jump shot, Pele’s bicycle kick and Reggie’s home run swing. That about it, I looked to my family as the people I emulated in life.

No Tiger Woods ;-))

Ricky Jordan Kuch JDay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure why some think pro athletes aren't worthy as role models. I grew up in Edmonton in the 80's and worshipped Gretzky. A lot of these athletes can provide a positive influences on kids. Of course it's all for not if the parents aren't raising good kids and teaching them values and respect.
As for a certain pro, I'd have to go with Phil or Rickie. Jordan seems like a good guy however his mini fits and slow play on the course make me question him as a role model for young golfers.

Not sure why some think pro athletes aren't worthy as role models. I grew up in Edmonton in the 80's and worshipped Gretzky. A lot of these athletes can provide a positive influences on kids. Of course it's all for not if the parents aren't raising good kids and teaching them values and respect.
As for a certain pro, I'd have to go with Phil or Rickie. Jordan seems like a good guy however his mini fits and slow play on the course make me question him as a role model for young golfers.

My thoughts exactly.

I think it's good for kids to watch players with a good demeanor and composure under pressure - especially when things don't go great. Anyone can be pleasant when they're doing well. I do like this aspect of Phil, Ricky, Zack, Kuch, Els, to name a few (obviously Arnold Palmer was the best..:). As kids get older (e.g. entering teen years) I think it's worthwhile to also have a role model that they can emulate that will not only provide input on how to handle oneself on the course but also the physical aspects that are so important like routine, focus, tempo, balance - maybe even putting stroke..

Back