BombTech Golf GRENADE Hybrid Set - THP Review Thread

Really great price for these. They look pretty user friendly good shape to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A friend of mine approached me and said he wanted to put all bombtech clubs in his bag, I seriously thought he was joking.. Apparently not, apparently they have a lot of good reviews, I think their from Denver CO? A couple hours south of me which doesn't mean anything I'm just saying I guess? Anyways, I'd be curious to know what people think of these bombtechs so I could pass on some info to him. When I heard the name and coming from him I instantly thought infomercial, not sure if they are but I'm just going to assume.

Love the idea of steel shafts in these. I used to have some steel shafted Nike CPRs for a minute. They were the only hybrids I ever took a liking to. I want to love my Callaway X 2 HOT PRO 3 Hybrid but that thing is nothing but hook factory for me, right now.

Going to go hit these a bit today, hopefully later in the week get some Foresight GC2 time with them and compare some #'s to a few similarly lofted hybrids that I have in my possession for grins.

Very solid deal if they perform. Definitely look forward to reading about how they do.

Going to go hit these a bit today, hopefully later in the week get some Foresight GC2 time with them and compare some #'s to a few similarly lofted hybrids that I have in my possession for grins.

My guess....similar to the driver they will come up very short carry wise.

Based on steel vs graphite I’m going to agree with this. But I’ll be happy if proven wrong.

Based on steel vs graphite I’m going to agree with this. But I’ll be happy if proven wrong.

Same here...solid options especially at that price point would make things real interesting

takes me back to my PING G5 5 wood with the steel shaft days. Hopefully they perform at a decent rate because thats one heck of a pricepoint

It will be interesting to see if it qualifies as more "iron replacement" then.

I guess the worse case scenario would be if they were low spin AND short on the carry

James is THE MAN with a camera (in addition to his writing skills)

I paid a lot for my "cheap" photos. I would love to use this. Enjoy the hybrids! Also... the head is lighter so you can still swing them quick. We did that so we could offer stability of steel like our driving irons that are always selling out

Overall head shape reminds me of some of the Cobra Baffler hybrids. Not bad looking - the bright green throws me a bit, but that's one of their branding items, I know.

Also... the head is lighter so you can still swing them quick. We did that so we could offer stability of steel like our driving irons that are always selling out

thanks for chiming in with some additional info! having access to the people at the top is my favorite thing about thp.

any idea where these typically swing weight with an all stock setup? what type of trajectory do you typically see with these, given it sounds like the head is lighter and the shaft is heavier? mid-flight like an iron, or higher like a lot of hybrids are trying to accomplish? i know that's golfer-specific, but i'm sure you have some goals when designing these and would be interested in your thought process. thanks!

I am interested in how they perform also. I bought the driver last season. They did not offer the right set up for my game (12 degree senior flex), but I tried the 10 degree. Did not work out for me and I sent them back. Great customer service and I got my money back.

Do the hybrids come with different flex options I wonder ?

I'm glad these got in for review, and I'm excited to hear your thoughts. The equipment industry could use a solid competitor at this price point, but it's really going to have to perform above and beyond to overcome the anti hype. FWIW, I genuinely hope it does.

The looks aren't bad at all, it does look like something that would fit in with a lot of mid 2000s offerings, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Bravo to them for keeping the same color throughout the range and going back to the original driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I paid a lot for my "cheap" photos. I would love to use this. Enjoy the hybrids! Also... the head is lighter so you can still swing them quick. We did that so we could offer stability of steel like our driving irons that are always selling out

Were there any considerations as to making this a single length hybrid offering? Steel shaft, single length for accuracy might have been the ticket.

Any plays to offer higher lofts in the future 27*, 30* possibly?

I actually like the looks of these quite a bit. Agree w/ Wardy that the shape is reminiscent of the Nike hybrids, which I liked a lot.

I think because hybrids aren't a distance-first club some of the issues I saw with the Grenade driver might not be as much of a showstopper here. Looking forward to your thoughts James.

Were there any considerations as to making this a single length hybrid offering? Steel shaft, single length for accuracy might have been the ticket.

Any plays to offer higher lofts in the future 27*, 30* possibly?

You have to keep in mind, to do that there is a LOT that has to go on with getting the wedweights to specific amounts so that they all swingweight out the same at the same length, there is a lot that goes into it honestly.

Haha, I appreciate the kind words!

What is the word on the shaft? Standard DG steel shaft?

You have to keep in mind, to do that there is a LOT that has to go on with getting the wedweights to specific amounts so that they all swingweight out the same at the same length, there is a lot that goes into it honestly.

According to the website they are all 232 grams and 140cc which should make for an easy SL build.
Unless the site is only showing info for one of the hybrids and the other lofts have different specs.

Not something I'd be looking at but if they perform decently it'd be a no brainer for someone trying to get a hybrid set on the cheap. Personal preference and a bit nitpicky but that color green is atrocious.

According to the website they are all 232 grams and 140cc which should make for an easy SL build.
Unless the site is only showing info for one of the hybrids and the other lofts have different specs.

Likely only the 3 is 232, add 7g for each loft up

Back