Grandura Shafts Review Thread

The true to flex or stiff to flex thing is a slippery slope since there is no standard for what flexes are except what a company makes it.

As such I haven't looked at the 590 like that, rather I know that it holds up to the move I put on it without any issues, and also did so with about 8 completely different swings this past weekend as well including hard/fast swingers like Kang and powerful ones like Fupy and Freddie.

Another reason that shaft reviews are always interesting to me.

Tomorrow morning we have 7 golfers testing these out as well and filling out their "info card", so we will get that up shortly as well.
Hopefully others that are testing, continue to post reviews. Some quiet folks in here.

Definitely interested to see how it plays out with the 7, I truly believe there are going to be some very surprised golfers.

you guys have me really curious about trying this in a gbb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you guys have me really curious about trying this in a gbb

I honestly believe I could put mine in a ton of different heads and still see the improved launch as well as dispersion that I've been enjoying in the GBB.

Tomorrow morning we have 7 golfers testing these out as well and filling out their "info card", so we will get that up shortly as well.
Hopefully others that are testing, continue to post reviews. Some quiet folks in here.

Will be really interested to see this and see how the shafts react in all their hands. The plays to flex thing I think is a slippery slop because depending on the swing something that feels stiffer to one may feel weaker to another.

I cant wait for these to hit the market any set date on these yet? I know it said something about October and golfworks on the retailer portion of their website

That's why I prefaced my thoughts with to me. Never said it was gospel for everyone that tries this shaft.

It's a fit issue, not a shaft issue. I prefer a stiff shaft that still has a bit of kick through the zone

Its definitely interesting and fun conversation. I knew going in testing shafts wouldnt necessarily be the easiest thing based on reading Jmans and others reviews. Feel can be so different to people, nothing wrong with that. I just know for me personally, I step up, swing, and have been seeing awesome results hahaha.

I also want to try mine in the gbb and that sexy looking m1! Could be awesome, but in the meantime I still enjoy the 815, its just a great head. Now if it would stop raining lol

Funneling through a couple weeks of saved data right now as I have an empty and quiet house, interesting to say the very least.

I had 3 guys hit this yesterday in a GBB head and an 815 Alpha. These were the common thoughts for the 530 TS.

*feels very stiff, not much kick action.
*don't believe that this is the 2nd lowest launch shaft they offer
*stable
*looks really good

The true to flex or stiff to flex thing is a slippery slope since there is no standard for what flexes are except what a company makes it.

As such I haven't looked at the 590 like that, rather I know that it holds up to the move I put on it without any issues, and also did so with about 8 completely different swings this past weekend as well including hard/fast swingers like Kang and powerful ones like Fupy and Freddie.

Another reason that shaft reviews are always interesting to me.

I think true to flex is soooo ridiculously subjective. I think it's geared way too much towards how stiff the shaft is in the 1/4 to 1/2 of the shaft. For the 530 in X, it's quite stiff in my opinion. Moreso than other companies? I can't really say that -- But certainly along the expected lines of many of the shafts that are extra stiff in the hands.

I really like the flighting I get out of the 530x, I'm just not loving the spin rates for my game. It makes me curious about the construction near the toe, and what they did to take it from the 510 profile into that 530 range.

That's why I prefaced my thoughts with to me. Never said it was gospel for everyone that tries this shaft.

It's a fit issue, not a shaft issue. I prefer a stiff shaft that still has a bit of kick through the zone

So is everyone planning on gaming their shaft for the foreseeable future? I am likely going to be going back to the stock shaft in my driver once testing has formally completed.

The Grandura 550 performs as advertised, but it comes down to feel for me and the stiff just feels a bit too stiff for my liking. Makes me think that if I had the 550 SR, it'd be perfect for me. After testing is done, I will be sending the shaft to another member so that he can provide his thoughts on the shaft.

I'll be gaming it for the foreseeable future, mainly because I'm seeing more distance with this shaft in play as compared to my prior gamer. I haven't seen an increase in accuracy, and I'm like jlukes in that I wish the feel was a bit better so that I could feel the shaft kick a little more. However, I'll take the distance increase because the accuracy is about the same as my prior gamer and even if I'm in the rough (which is more often than not), I'll take 5-15 yards closer to the green every time. In the future, I also may increase the loft on my driver by 1 degree to get a slightly higher launch, but more importantly close the face some so that I can hit a draw a bit easier.

Honestly, if I was to get a shaft made for me starting from scratch (like the Project X event earlier this year), I'd tell them to give me the spin characteristics of the Grandura shaft with the kick of the Diamana shaft I played prior to this.

Tons of good info here guys - keep up the good work!

Local range test was rained out today, but being rescheduled.

Local range test was rained out today, but being rescheduled.

that sucks. I was really looking forward to the results. it's been a phenomenal day here in Orlando.

I haven't been out in the past week because I have been busy moving, but plan to get some time in this weekend. The last time I got out to hit some range balls with the 550 was the worst I have hit it so far. It was not the shafts fault, however, I just couldn't seem to find the center that day. I really need to go ahead and get a different head than the Covert tour, maybe have at least some forgiveness. Don't get me wrong though because it's a great combo when hit out of the center, nothing I have tried has beaten it so far.

So is everyone planning on gaming their shaft for the foreseeable future? I am likely going to be going back to the stock shaft in my driver once testing has formally completed.

The Grandura 550 performs as advertised, but it comes down to feel for me and the stiff just feels a bit too stiff for my liking. Makes me think that if I had the 550 SR, it'd be perfect for me. After testing is done, I will be sending the shaft to another member so that he can provide his thoughts on the shaft.

Most definitely on my part! This is the best combo I have had to date, as far as overall performance on well struck shots. I would like a bit more forgiving head to pair it with, but the shaft is just great.

Got out yesterday because it was finally nice out. Hit driver 8 times and only missed the fw twice, one of them just barely rolling through. I was on fire with the 550. Im usually pretty consistent with my driver and dispersion is pretty tight. The 550 continues the trend for me, tight and in the fw. I know we were discussing the feel of these and how the flex is, I can definitely confirm that (for me) the 550 feels softer than what I was playing before. It feels very nice and gives me that loading / unloading feel that my 757 didn't. I'm still seeing some pretty high launch with this 12* head and the distances have been consistently further than what I'm use to. I suppose that shows maybe the 757 was just an awful fit? Haha idk but I really enjoy playing this and will be doing so for awhile.

Tried to order a 590 and Golfworks still doesn't have then in stock. I need one of these bad boys for my GBB.

Tried to order a 590 and Golfworks still doesn't have then in stock. I need one of these bad boys for my GBB.

The way you hit this when I saw it, you are going to be lethal with this thing.

The way you hit this when I saw it, you are going to be lethal with this thing.
I'm chomping at the bit to get one in the bag. I'm going to be a stalker on GW webpage.

You and me both Freddie.

You guys have been doing a great job, I appreciate your effort.

JB,
I'm looking forward to the data collected and the comments from the "lucky 7" range session.

Mikeg_74,
Are you bringing your 530 to Cali?

You guys have been doing a great job, I appreciate your effort.

JB,
I'm looking forward to the data collected and the comments from the "lucky 7" range session.

Mikeg_74,
Are you bringing your 530 to Cali?

530 will be in Cali and open for anyone to take a swipe with it.

Now that I have somewhat fixed my swing to get some of my pop back, I am interested to see if I am able to get the shaft to load/release a little better

Back