Bones to caddie for Justin Thomas at the Sony Open

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I love this for JT.

Hadn't seen it. It is interesting Bones said many professional caddies are going to be lining up to get on his bag while JT's caddie is out during the broadcast earlier

Nice. Sounds like a fun pairing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wonder if this lights a fire under Bones?

I wonder if he stays on thxbag for the month that his caddie is supposed to be out for or if he makes it a one and done

I wonder if Bones was scheduled to work the telecast and he has an "out" clause to take on a bag. I bet Bones will relish the experience to give a "righty" some help. I would love if he was "miked" for the entire round...that would be so cool to do double duty.

I wonder if he stays on thxbag for the month that his caddie is supposed to be out for or if he makes it a one and done

Maybe if he wins. The Sony is the tours easiest course to walk by a long shot so shouldn't be any issues with the knees.

• Admin
Bones has been a great addition to the telecasts and I know the knees are an issue but I think this is pretty cool

i love it. and i have enjoyed bones behind the mic. i hate that he and phil didn’t end their respective careers together, but i think we as golf fans are getting the best of it with bones’ new role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i love it. and i have enjoyed bones behind the mic. i hate that he and phil didn’t end their respective careers together, but i think we as golf fans are getting the best of it with bones’ new role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed. He’s a guy who will excel behind the mic I think. Lots of tour experience from a non-player POV, and we’ll never hear what he shot at that one course.......

It’s pretty cool that he’s going to carry for JT though, for both of the. I think.

I dig it. Look forward to watching it

Can’t wait to watch this, but I have been enjoying his commentary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I heard them mention that on the broadcast yesterday, I wasn't sure if they were serious or not. They said Bones is supposed to double dip and get back behind the mic after rounds also. Next weeks tournament is one of the easiest walks on tour, so it makes sense for him in that respect also.

I like it. JT is already a bad man but some veteran help on the greens could make for a great start to the season.

I wonder if this lights a fire under Bones?

I have to assume Golf Channel did their due diligence before hiring him to make sure he wouldn't end up leaving to be back on a bag. My guess is they are OK with this because it helps with ratings a bit but otherwise I think this is a one and done.

Back