Calling all Carolinians

Man you aren't lyin, it's rained here in Charlotte for a week, DC area all week, and a ton more coming this weekend.

A lot of roads down towards the beach are flooding.

I'm a little worried, I have to drive out towards Wilmington tomorrow, hoping roads aren't flooded.

A lot of roads down towards the beach are flooding.

I'm a little worried, I have to drive out towards Wilmington tomorrow, hoping roads aren't flooded.

My cousin, who lives in Carolina Beach, sent me a pic earlier today and her streets are under water.

I just saw a group of animals walking in pairs looking for a big boat.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Drove to Wilmington today, it was really wet and there was tons of standing water, but nothing I saw under water.

My cousin, who lives in Carolina Beach, sent me a pic earlier today and her streets are under water.
Glad I didn't go to CB as planned. I did manage to squeeze in 9 holes on Thurs and Fri between deluges.

I've pumped over 10,000 gallons of water out of my backyard so far. Still a few inches to go ...

I've pumped over 10,000 gallons of water out of my backyard so far. Still a few inches to go ...
Damn. We had rain, but nothing like that.

Damn. We had rain, but nothing like that.

It started raining again and immediately filled right back up. It's a losing battle at this point. I have standing water four inches deep in some places. Just hope it crests at some point so the water level doesn't continue to climb.

My son lives in North Myrtle and he said they have standing water in places on their street 2 ft deep, his neighbors were canoeing down the street last night.

ncsuhunter, what is your coach's name over at 401? mine got out of teaching.

It started raining again and immediately filled right back up. It's a losing battle at this point. I have standing water four inches deep in some places. Just hope it crests at some point so the water level doesn't continue to climb.

Dang dude, yall stay safe! I've never seen water like this around here. We're in a pretty high area, and the whole intersection is under water.

It got a lot worse than this!
12087713_10153099473520286_3116532036645164853_o.jpg

I just cleared out the drains in our backyard again. Water has gone down, but we are supposed to get rain all tonight and tomorrow.

How are the back yards holding up?

Still standing water in some spots a couple of inches deep ... I figure I've pumped about 75,000 gallons out my yard since Saturday afternoon. At least I have no standing water up against my house currently. Though if it rains again, it'll return soon enough. The ground is beyond saturated at this point, I'm just hoping that the running water doesn't start eroding my yard away (and causing my driveway to buckle ... or other nefarious outcomes).

Still standing water in some spots a couple of inches deep ... I figure I've pumped about 75,000 gallons out my yard since Saturday afternoon. At least I have no standing water up against my house currently. Though if it rains again, it'll return soon enough. The ground is beyond saturated at this point, I'm just hoping that the running water doesn't start eroding my yard away (and causing my driveway to buckle ... or other nefarious outcomes).
If you're thinking drainage solutions, let me know. I need to get out and get some exercise/yard work in before winter. There aren't lots of leaves to rake near us, so I'm missing out on the exercise.

We finally just got back into our house...dehumidifiers galore but a lot better off than a few streets away.

Our pond had a much needed fill up from the rain, but besides that, we were alright. Had plenty of people cancel appointments though due to water in their area... Hope everyone is dry now.

We finally just got back into our house...dehumidifiers galore but a lot better off than a few streets away.

Sounds like it could have been a lot worse.

We are good. We ended up not having any more issues and Wilmington for the most part, did really well. South Brunswick county had it a lot worse than we did.

Looks like a lot of my area is getting back to normal. Still lots of standing water in ditches and ponds, but the roads are reopening and people are starting to be able to get around a bit.

Parts of I-95 are still closed, but they're getting there. My thoughts are with the folks in Charleston and Columbia. It'll be quite a while before life is back to normal.

Flew out of MB this morning and could see swollen rivers and a lot of developments with lots of water in the streets. Rivers should be cresting towards the coast for the next few days ...

Your house get any damage?

The back nine at CCSC will be closed for a while. Apparently the creek overflowed and some of the holes are still under water with 17 being damaged pretty good. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for us to get it back open and fixed soon.

I don't have anything set in stone, but I'm thinking about playing Cape Fear National this Saturday (the 17th) in Leland and wondering if anyone has some interest in playing.

I don't have anything set in stone, but I'm thinking about playing Cape Fear National this Saturday (the 17th) in Leland and wondering if anyone has some interest in playing.

I may be able to pull that off. My game is a disaster right now though.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

That would be cool. When will you need to know? I have a 9-12 page paper to write by Sunday night, so not sure if I'll be in a good place by Saturday.

Back