What is your favorite fantasy golf format?

rozo22

Reaction score
Handicap
With daily fantasy and on-line website leagues, what is your favorite method of adding a little bit more (ahem) interest to watching golf? One and done, weekly pick 'em, roster teams, etc?

I've been in a one and done league that runs from the masters to the pga for the past 10 or so years and I really enjoy the challenge of having to pick a different golfer each week. It is tough when someone like DJ or Spieth is on a roll, but their is a risk reward for playing them in maybe a lesser known tourney opposed to a major. Plus, you need to keep an eye on the young guys that are trying to make a move.

My year long fantasy sports league has a golfing aspect and we have it pretty simple since we aren't all golf fanatics but more like sports in general fanatics.

For the four majors you pick four golfers and can only use one golfer that single one time. In the end you will have 16 different golfers for the 4 majors. Lowest amount of strokes wins obviously with added strokes off for 1st (-5), 2nd (-3) and 3rd (-1) place in the tournament.

I don’t have a lot of exp with fantasy golf. Did a one and done and the THP league last year. Enjoyed the THP one more. One and done was fun and would maybe do better if I tried again but I was terrible at it haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The THP league if the only one I have ever done so I guess my answer would be that format

I've really only done THP Fantasy Golf so I don't have much experience in other formats, but I could see some head to head matchup type things being fun. Even a draft to start the year off with a reduced number of people in a league.

Salary cap, its the fairest way for any fantasy sport IMO

Draftkings, I like money and all

I like building a roster so I would pick a roster format

Weekly pick. Done leagues where you pick weekly and season-long and the season-long picks are difficult (though I almost won $1,000 had Tiger only finished one spot higher in one such league years back).

Another okay format is the season-long though with 2 to 4 chances per year to make a change to your roster in advance. That's not bad.

Back