Would you rather watch...

I prefer to see them playing courses that definitely penalize errant shots. If they struggle because of hitting poor shots, that it the way is should be imo.

Exactly, make them earn their paycheck

Do not like the tournaments where the winning score is -20 or so. I love it when they have to work at at, like -7 to -10.

Oh really? Must have misremembered what I heard on the TOC broadcast. Guess I’m not as good at multitasking as I thought. Thanks for the correction.

Maybe they were talking about how slower greens allow a course to have much larger features on the greens, which is very true. Not sure a ball would stay on a green with 4% slope if they stimp at 13+

I generally only watch major championships or occasionaly the final round of a tournament. I enjoy it when they shoot -20 and tough US Open conditions when only a handful break par.

I want see them struggle!

I want to see guys go low every week of the year but two, The Open and the US Open.

Would you rather watch a tournament where the pro's are just tearing the course apart, with lots of birdies and excitement, or watch a tournament where the pro's are struggling mightily just to stay around (E)?

For me, I like to watch the tournaments where the best players in golf are really struggling to break par. The type of tournament where maybe a handful of guys finish under par. I think this is why The US Open is almost always my favorite tournament of the year! I also feel it's the type of tournament where the mentally strong will have the best showing, being able to put a bad hole or bad break behind them, and really focus on what they can control.
I love to watch when there is no driver wedge crap i want you guys to have to work for it

Sent from my LG-AK495 using Tapatalk

I like to watch the Pro’s struggle, seems closer (not really) to my game.

I prefer to see them playing courses that definitely penalize errant shots. If they struggle because of hitting poor shots, that it the way is should be imo.

this. I like seeing proper shots being rewarded and the not so great shots forcing them to show off why they are the best in the world. I hate seeing them struggle due to the tournament felt they wanted them to with ridiculous greens/pins and a foot of rough with basically no fairway, etc.

I too am in the camp of seeing them struggle because they have hit bad shots - hitting wedges out of rough that is only marginally longer than the grass on fairways isn't a challenge for them

If someone plays well and shoots a good score regardless of conditions, they deserve to win, but hitting a wild shot off the tee and still having an easy (for them) shot at the pin isn't right in my opinion

Back