Shot Navi W1-GL Watch - THP Review Thread

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
In for review is the W1-GL GPS watch from Shot Navi. It features a similar front/middle/back readout with shot tracker, score keeping, and hazard spotlights from what we've seen from other watches, in a fairly easy to read black/white screen. The product is offered in white or black, in this case coming in the black model. I'll spend some extra time discussing the features in my first update (when possible, thanks Coldmageddon2018), but here's some info from the company. It's currently available on amazon for under 150 dollars.

w1_img_ttl1.png

Pre-loaded 30,000 Courses, No Addtional Fees - ShotNavi constantly update our course databases to provide our players with optimal golf experience. The ShotNavi W1-GL supports 30,000 courses worldwide and it comes preloaded so you can use immediately on a golf course.
Energy efficiency for Longer Play - Energy efficient design means more play time for you. With once charge, the ShotNavi W1-GL provides 8 hours of play with using GPS and 4 weeks without.

Dimension 1.87" (47.5mm) × 0.69" (17.5mm)
Weight 2.65oz (75g)
Screen 96x80 (Black & White)
Battery Rechargeable (4 hours quick charging)7 hours in GPS mode 3 weeks in Watch mode
Color availability Black, White, Navy
Others 3ATM
Course upgrade Easy update with W1 update manager No additional fees

1682ba82883fc8a1edc34664aeb57c50.png

In Hand Photos

IMG_0379-XL.jpg

IMG_0382-XL.jpg

IMG_0383-XL.jpg

IMG_0390-XL.jpg

IMG_0404-XL.jpg

IMG_0403-XL.jpg

IMG_0402-XL.jpg

IMG_0399-XL.jpg

IMG_0395-XL.jpg

Will be interested in your review, in particular will you be comparing (when possible) to actual rangefinder? I don't see how you can move the pin around on the green to fine tune the distance so my first question mat be difficult unless pin is dead Center.

Looking at the picture it appears the watch looks thick on the face which is something I am not a fan of for any GPS watch, for me, the thinner the better. Is it an thinner or thicker than the competition?

Will be watching your thoughts during the review. Thanks.

As a Bushnell Excel user currently I would be curious to see how quickly this one picks up on the course you’re playing.

All in all the pictures look good and looking forward to you thoughts on the UI.

Nice looking watch. I’ll be looking forward to your thoughts on ease of use and battery life as well as accuracy.

Looks like a nice watch for a good price. I will be curious to see how the distance compares to other models and how quickly it picks up courses, goes to next hole, etc. One of the biggest problems I had with a GPS I used to use was how long it took to find the course I was on.

That's a solid price if it performs well for you Dan. It does look a little thick but might be worth the price.

Thanks for the early questions, guys. It always really helps us writers isolate our focus when questions are asked early in the process.

The thickness is pretty typical for a GPS watch, and like you guys, that's always been a turnoff for me. Range of motion is pretty important, and when you add additional sizing onto the wrist (if I wear watches normally they don't have a ton of bulk) the size does make a difference. With that said, I wore it around the house a bit recently and wasn't all that bothered by it. Nothing about the profile is any more problematic than others I've worn.

There is a course about a par 4 away from my house that I always try to pick up to show info in pictures, which is so helpful. It took a couple minutes to pick up through a window on a cloudy day which I'd say is quite good. If you're like me, remembering to activate the unit on the driving range is unlikely... more like as soon as you get to the first tee, and then are stuck waiting for it to grab the course. We'll see if that speed is decent with the W1-GL.

Will be interested in your review, in particular will you be comparing (when possible) to actual rangefinder? I don't see how you can move the pin around on the green to fine tune the distance so my first question mat be difficult unless pin is dead Center..

There are a couple of holes on my course that will make front of green measurements pretty easy to determine. I'll try to get a real number for you before long.

Appears to be a solid watch at a really good price given the features. Definitely appears to offer a good bit more data than other offerings but also looks like it may require quite a bit of toggling on the watch to get what you want to see so really curious how user friendly it is.

I love the idea of these but I just can't wear a watch anymore especially when I golf, which sucks because i really like the idea of them.

Back