Pictures of your back swing

Thanks. I'll add the right heel to my laundry list of things to fix ha-ha.
haha ... don't we ALL have a long list eh? from the pic in your avatar tho that heel looks planted. my thinking is the big pic might be right at the instant your transition is beginning and you are starting to push off with that right foot...a positive thing

i guess this will make you crouch less on the ball. otherwise, nice form.

haha ... don't we ALL have a long list eh? from the pic in your avatar tho that heel looks planted. my thinking is the big pic might be right at the instant your transition is beginning and you are starting to push off with that right foot...a positive thing
You could be right.
The swing pictured above resulted in a 100 yard hook into the hay which I turned into a birdie as @gizmo3putt can attest. Golf is a crazy game.

View attachment 21511View attachment 21512

Now you all know why I call myself theoverswinger.

those hips are killing you. keep them fixed laterally and just rotate your shoulders. I think as those hips move off the target in the backswing shifting toward the outside of your back foot that you lose your spine angle, because those shoulders are crazy flat at the top of your swing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

those hips are killing you. keep them fixed laterally and just rotate your shoulders. I think as those hips move off the target in the backswing shifting toward the outside of your back foot that you lose your spine angle, because those shoulders are crazy flat at the top of your swing.

yup, cursed with an overactive body. i guess it's just the way i'm built, or maybe too many michael jackson moves back in college. i'm fine with the crazy flat swing plane, but hips are duly noted. and even the knees move. the "turn, don't sway" thing. there's consolation - i think my zipper line is closer to the center as time goes by, hopefully that will improve some more. the difficulty of distributing 140 pounds at 5'10" in the right places to kill the drive. i wish i had 30 more pounds somewhere. or maybe i should start looking at LPGA swing videos. but thanks.

Here is a down the line and face on at the top of my backswing and one just after impact. I am working on staying behind the ball and not sliding forward on the downswing and maintaining tempo. This is the advice I got from Freddie when I posted a video.

Image1_zpsyx8hki70.jpg
Image2_zpsiqdjaufr.jpg
Image3_zpsjs4rftkq.jpg

yup, cursed with an overactive body. i guess it's just the way i'm built, or maybe too many michael jackson moves back in college. i'm fine with the crazy flat swing plane, but hips are duly noted. and even the knees move. the "turn, don't sway" thing. there's consolation - i think my zipper line is closer to the center as time goes by, hopefully that will improve some more. the difficulty of distributing 140 pounds at 5'10" in the right places to kill the drive. i wish i had 30 more pounds somewhere. or maybe i should start looking at LPGA swing videos. but thanks.
Get stronger. (I'm sure there will be some rolled eyes with that)

Driver:
5ee7fe73c86a8036998c620dcaacbde2.jpg

6-iron
1bd6bcd6326f639769e204763b5a9d51.jpg
Looking really good dude. I'd kill to be able to keep my left wrist in that position and my right elbow tucked like that. Well done.

Agree with Jimmy here Blu, very solid looking move.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Yup, getting there. The consolation here is that my drive is actually longer than when I was 10 years younger. Thanks. Maybe I need more reps firing glutes.

Here is a down the line and face on at the top of my backswing and one just after impact. I am working on staying behind the ball and not sliding forward on the downswing and maintaining tempo. This is the advice I got from Freddie when I posted a video.

Image1_zpsyx8hki70.jpg
Image2_zpsiqdjaufr.jpg
Image3_zpsjs4rftkq.jpg

i remember your post in the swing tips sub forum. i love your golf swing. so classic, so repeatable. i think it looks awesome.

i remember your post in the swing tips sub forum. i love your golf swing. so classic, so repeatable. i think it looks awesome.

Thanks for the compliment. I am working on the repeatable part which is why I posted in the swing tips forum. When it is repeatable I can go pin hunting and when it isn't......well bogeys and doubles quickly come into the picture. The bad part is when it is off, I can't take a side of the course out of play because the I hit everything from pushes to big pull hooks.

My Backswing August 20 2015 taken at my lesson. Hitting a 9 iron. Handheld camera.

Address_zpszv5wsnjq.jpg
Top%20of%20Backswing_zpshkeceeuf.jpg

A5%20Position_zpsnbpwtdhl.jpg
Impact_zpsnsb5ocqz.jpg

Last edited:
Amanda snapped this one yesterday. Had 108 to the stick and had a sand wedge in my hand. Looking at this picture I'm not sure if it's the angle or if I was just aimed a hair right of my target.
2bcdba930b6ddd1db73e2d6da619c615.jpg

Grabbed a screen shot of a video Amanda took at the range after we played. 8 iron. Really working on keeping the right elbow tucked to keep the swing from getting too long.

ae762a9b78976feb49287170d301ce00.jpg

Looking good brother!

d283bb9dd0d328e27bb6d70a983cc941.jpg

Too much spinal tilt?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Im a work in progress, I'll get there one day. Just gotta keep working on it and one of these days I'll break down and take some lessons, I'm thinking next spring.

3e0f47c494b9bce37316829c492c9ed4.jpg

44362fb301e0f5785b3f8f69d062b320.jpg

Grabbed a screen shot of a video Amanda took at the range after we played. 8 iron. Really working on keeping the right elbow tucked to keep the swing from getting too long.

ae762a9b78976feb49287170d301ce00.jpg

That looks good buddy!

These pictures were taken 8 years apart. It took me 3 years to get that swing on the right. These are like "a swing without the science", and "a swing with the science". And I did that all just by my lonesome. I'm happy with what I have now.

826f92b2562ebe18ab0de9cb53712230.jpg

This was just before my latest lesson; about a month ago.

Back