dacatalyst41

#ReptheG #RocktheChev
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
All the holiday giveaways got me thinking...
You've got a golf buddy you play with all the time. Round after round you notice the same thing and can think of something that might help. All equipment at your disposal, what is that one thing you'd give your buddy for his bag?

A few examples:

For one of the guys, It'd be a ball retriever. Nothing like wasting time trying to dig half sunk balls off the edge of the wet stuff.

Next buddy, would be a range finder. If I lost mine, we'd be screwed....and late for work the next day.

Lastly, my father in law would get an upgrade to the Cobra F-Max Driver. He bombs offset drivers but his is several years old.

For my best bud, it would be golf sandals. He hates wearing shoes and socks, and as stupid as they look, I think he’d dig them.

For my dad, I’d get him some recoils ! He’s 67 now and I think he could really benefit from the tech there. He is still gaming some TaylorMade R9 irons and I’d love to get him in some new tech!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great idea!

I've got one buddy who is newish to the game of golf, and is just starting to make some big improvements on his game. He is not the most consistent ball striker and struggles most in the tee game... and he plays an SLDR... I would love to get him a more forgiving driver, as I think he would see an immediate improvement. Specifically a Cobra King F7, as they can be had for a song with the THP discount...

I would give my friend a new golf bag. His is beat up but he keeps insisting he doesn’t need one.

I was actually going to post this same thread.

As for my playing partners, I'm not sure. Maybe some golf balls or even lessons. I think most of my partners (and myself) would benefit from lessons more than any type of equipment.

I'd probably get my dad some new clubs. He's still playing the old Ping Eye II's I believe. Time to get caught up. But he doesn't count because we've never played golf together.

I was actually going to post this same thread.

As for my playing partners, I'm not sure. Maybe some golf balls or even lessons. I think most of my partners (and myself) would benefit from lessons more than any type of equipment.

I'd probably get my dad some new clubs. He's still playing the old Ping Eye II's I believe. Time to get caught up. But he doesn't count because we've never played golf together.

Hope that changes for you, man. I only have one other member of my family that plays golf (my uncle Joe) and I've yet to play golf with him, either. Really need to change that.

As to the original question: I don't really have any regular playing partners anymore. Most have moved away or stopped playing altogether. I used to play with my wife once in a while and I wouldn't mind playing with her once in a while again so I guess my answer would be a group lesson for her and I. See if it re-kindled her interest.

Hope that changes for you, man. I only have one other member of my family that plays golf (my uncle Joe) and I've yet to play golf with him, either. Really need to change that.

As to the original question: I don't really have any regular playing partners anymore. Most have moved away or stopped playing altogether. I used to play with my wife once in a while and I wouldn't mind playing with her once in a while again so I guess my answer would be a group lesson for her and I. See if it re-kindled her interest.
That would be pretty awesome. My wife never caught the bug. I wish but, just hasn't happened. That would be the perfect gift!

Any of the duo line bit were probably go for the duo U

I would enjoy playing with my wife so lessons for her. I have a regular playing partner who could really benefit from a proper fitting.

Great idea!

I've got one buddy who is newish to the game of golf, and is just starting to make some big improvements on his game. He is not the most consistent ball striker and struggles most in the tee game... and he plays an SLDR... I would love to get him a more forgiving driver, as I think he would see an immediate improvement. Specifically a Cobra King F7, as they can be had for a song with the THP discount...
Man that driver is a steal right now with the THP discount!

Back