Favorite Course Played in 2015

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
So many great courses and we want to hear from you. What was your favorite course played in 2015 and what was the occasion? Just a round of golf? Vacation? THP Event? You tell us what was the course and what was the reason?

For me, id say Olde Stonewall for the Pitt invitational. Such a good track and some really tough greens. And the first time playing it.
A close 2nd would be Boulder Creek up near my house. Played it twice this year, such an awesome course.

As far as repeats:

A close 2nd would be playing True Blue again just because I love that place and probably Longaberger

Likely go with Pine Dunes in East Texas during an unofficial THP get together......with Ledgestone in Branson, MO running a very close second.

Oak Hill East. Wedding gift from my wife. Wanted to play there since 2003 at the age of 13 and then in 2013 at the age of 23 it only made it worse. Most beautiful course I've been on.

As of right now, I think its either Dubsdread or Waldorf Astoria. But im sure thats going to change come December

My entry here will likely happen tomorrow, which will be Arcadia Bluffs in Arcadia, MI with LordByron and Michigan Slice.

Prior to that and barring anything crazy, it'd was Buffalo Ridge in Branson, MO at the unofficial THP get together in June.

9690504abaae39e1c1754dc405515a58.jpg

Can't go wrong with either, spectacular views with great people [besides the one pictured :alien:] .

Coeur d'Alene for me. It has been on my bucket list for years and I finally had the chance to go play it this year. It was just a quick vacation trip for Shannon and I.

I would say it is tie for me right now between Longaberger ( Cure Event) and the Cog Hill ( The Gauntlet). Both courses were gorgeous in their own way and both were equally challenging. Playing both with THPers made it that much better.

Atunyote at Turning Stone for me. It was my golf league year end outing.

Second is probably Red Tail Golf Club that I played as part of a random unofficial THP gathering in Mass.

For me it was Buffalo Ridge. It was an unofficial THP Get Together. Beautiful course, one of the most beautiful I have played.

1465.jpg

In 2 months it will be a little place called the Hideaway hehe

True Blue and Caledonia for me, easily. I had heard how great they were but had never been. They were even better than I had heard.

As of right now, I think its either Dubsdread or Waldorf Astoria. But im sure thats going to change come December

I'm positive thats going to change! Golf courses as you know them will be wrecked after The Hideaway.

That being said, this year for me it would be Olde Stonewall. Even though I struggled with the greens I really liked the course and the elevation changes.

Bethpage Black with a few of my favorite people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Olde Stonewall in Pittsburgh. Played it two days and got beat up both days.

Close second was Prairie Highlands in KC.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

For me it was Buffalo Ridge. It was an unofficial THP Get Together. Beautiful course, one of the most beautiful I have played.

1465.jpg

In 2 months it will be a little place called the Hideaway hehe
This is mine as well. Ledgestone was great, but I liked Buffalo Ridge a little better because views like this:

2a057a24727082ba4339d177b39d565d.jpg

True Blue and Caledonia for me, easily. I had heard how great they were but had never been. They were even better than I had heard.

This for me too, getting to play competitive rounds with my teammates after months of preparation both on and off the course made them the most special. I had the opportunity to golf a few other great course this year but the total package at Legacy is impossible to beat.

I'll tell you in December.

#TheEffinGrandaddy

This is mine as well. Ledgestone was great, but I liked Buffalo Ridge a little better because views like this:

2a057a24727082ba4339d177b39d565d.jpg
That'll change come December. It'll ruin golf courses for you, but in a totally awesome way.

LakeRidge in Reno.

That'll change come December. It'll ruin golf courses for you, but in a totally awesome way.
Of that I have no doubt. It's been a pretty good year so far with La Costa, Torrey pines north, Arbor Links in NE and a couple great tracks in KS and MO, but very much saving the best for last.

has to be olde stonewall, that course was great, and the company was even better

TPC Sawgrass Stadium, it was one of my worst rounds of golf for the year but such a great course with some good friends can't be topped.

Easily Cog Hill.

Second would be my round at Deere Run with TrxasHacker .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually let me change...

Wolf Creek.

Waldorf in ORL. Have now gone 'round that thing 4 times and still love it.
Also, in no particular order,

Cuscowilla in Eatonton,GA
The Trophy Club, Lebanon, IN
Kinderlou in Valdosta, GA
Grand National (RTJ Trail), Lakes Course, Opelika, AL

Back