What golf stuff did you buy today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A set of Big Bertha combo irons.

Good for you! CPO?

Nope, new. Had a club fitting session at GolfTec and it came down between the BB and the XR. Liked the way the BB's felt a bit better than the XRs but I hit both well. Yeah, I went with the expensive option - especially with a 4I-AW setup. But I work a lot and make decent money so I decided to splurge on something I have just been getting back into. Plus, buying the clubs through them means my fitting was free!

I've never been fit before. What really stood out in the session was I need at least a 2[SUP]o [/SUP]flat lie and a bit shorter and softer flex (the latter damaged my ego a bit but I have made a conscious effort to not swing my irons hard). Next to my putting my iron play has been the area where I've wanted to improve the most. I think this is going to help me a lot. Just loved the feel of the BB even if it looks a bit different (it has a fat ass).

I'll likely give my old clubs to my brother to see if it might get him back playing again. Would give them to my son but he is a lefty. But I am extremely excited about my new clubs. Going to play Thursday so I likely won't have them yet but Callaway is just 10 miles up the road so you never know. I'm sure there is going to be a driver/FW/hybrid fitting in my future. I'm hitting my driver well, FW not so much and since I swing my hyrbids like my irons the flex I game may not be optimal. I want some time with the new irons before I decide to see what more I can do equipment-wise.

My fitting said I needed regular flex and 2 degrees up. I have never gamed regular flex irons.

Finally found Chrome Soft Truvis, grabbed the last box I had with a $10off coupon. Golftown looked severely cleared out today. Much less stuff in the store than usual!

Last edited:
My fitting said I needed regular flex and 2 degrees up. I have never gamed regular flex irons.

My fitting took me down to A flex. I do know that I don't swing my irons as hard as my driver so I accept that a reduced flex may benefit me. With irons I want consistency and accuracy more than extra distance, and taking a bit off my swing does that.

Peter Kostis putting professor

Footjoy Hyperflex BOA in grey.

Just like in this image I stole off the web:
FootJoy%2BHyperFlex%2BBOA%2BPreview%2BPGAPappas.jpg

New pair of PGA Tour slacks, shirt, and new grips. Hope to get those put on this week.

One of the best things I have bought. Enjoy it.

Was going through your spi thread last night and saw the video with it. My last instructor had me working with the eyeline one last year and had been pondering buying one. After watching your video figured I wily go this route and have it for my winter time practice.

2 of the new THP hats

Another hat to the collection

THP hat, but I got that Linksoul Friends and Family email, so it probably won't end there.

Just ordered MP5 in PW 9 8 irons with 6.0.

Fujikura Six regular flex but tipped (?) to play between regular and stiff. Fitted for my M1 driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

95bba5324f9883a78a81a946bf11bcd0.jpg

Ponder turned purchase and picked up the 56°.

Oh and these...

60d11c249a259225e77bbc10772ff92a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rogue shaft for the 3 wood,green fees

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Arrived very fast!
de519f99304021455010f189d470417f.jpg

Thats perfection in a box.

Really want those on my grandaddy clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back