GBB 10.5
Mini 1.5
GBB 5W
Apex 4H
Apex CF16 5-GW
MD 54 W Grind MD 60 W Grind
Putter?
Chrome Soft

Want me to send you my Mini 1.5 to tinker with?

not sure it's necessary. Just bring it with you(if you can) next time we meet up.

Not sure where all of these thoughts came from, but definitely interesting.

it's actually nice seeing you back in here pondering a bunch of equipment. It can only mean one thing... Your preparing to play some golf! Good to see you getting back in the saddle bud!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Want me to send you my Mini 1.5 to tinker with?
If you do can you wait until after this weekend so I can try some swings with it in KC?

If you do can you wait until after this weekend so I can try some swings with it in KC?

If I make it, it'll definitely be in tow.

My only fear is Heavenwood to 4 hybrid. Is it too much gap?
I have never been a big believer in needing close gaps that low in the bag, but its definitely something I need to take a look at for the rest of this year and 2016.
My other option is skipping the 3 wood and going to Heavenwood playing strong. Then 3 and 5 hybrid.
Skipping the 4 altogether knowing I can power up or take something off another club.

Is the hybo adjustable? I know I love options at that end of the bag.

So working on my fairway wood to hybrid gapping and here is what I am looking at.

16* DBD FW wood
Then Heaven Wood
Then Apex 4 & 5 Hybrid

Thoughts on gapping?

Depends on how far you hit the apex 4 hybrid. The heavenwood will play similar distance to a weak 5 wood, no? So depending on how far you typically hit a 5 wood vs 4 iron, there might be a good amount of gap. That's what I'm fighting right now trying to find a perfect club to fit for me between 3 hybrid and 5 iron.

I have never been a big believer in needing close gaps that low in the bag, but its definitely something I need to take a look at for the rest of this year and 2016.
My other option is skipping the 3 wood and going to Heavenwood playing strong. Then 3 and 5 hybrid.
Skipping the 4 altogether knowing I can power up or take something off another club.

Depending on the ball speeds and carry as I quickly found out FL is key for carry it may be key for this to work well.

Depending on the ball speeds and carry as I quickly found out FL is key for carry it may be key for this to work well. Are these all standard shaft lengths your planning on working with ? For my set up I plan on adding and subtracting some gap mine a bit better.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Like the DBD 16* better than a GBB in that spot? Thats my big conundrum right now, def leaning GBB or Mini there in December, but the 816 FW has me curious.

I like the high MOI aspects of it at 16*

I would think you could choke down on the heavenwood an inch or two and take a few yards off of it. If you get in that big of a gap between it and the Apex 4H?

I think so? But need to get out on FlightScope and hit a few to see.

it's actually nice seeing you back in here pondering a bunch of equipment. It can only mean one thing... Your preparing to play some golf! Good to see you getting back in the saddle bud!!

Thanks brother. Im not a big pondering thread guy and prefer the regular threads, but it feels good.

Is the hybo adjustable? I know I love options at that end of the bag.

These are not.

Depends on how far you hit the apex 4 hybrid. The heavenwood will play similar distance to a weak 5 wood, no? So depending on how far you typically hit a 5 wood vs 4 iron, there might be a good amount of gap. That's what I'm fighting right now trying to find a perfect club to fit for me between 3 hybrid and 5 iron.

My 4 is my 195 club. Heavenwood is 205-220.

My 4 is my 195 club. Heavenwood is 205-220.

that sounds pretty decent to me. And with the heavenwood being adjustable, you could add or take away a couple yards by adjusting as needed for longer or shorter courses. I'd rather have a slightly bigger gap between heavenwood and 4 hybrid than potentially a tighter gap there and a bigger gap between something like a 7 wood and 5 iron.

Pondering which one of these will be my gamer this winter. Maybe add an M1 or an F5 to the mix too.
5f9304f2fa748e62a6e640c83a49209a.jpg

Won't happen anytime soon, but an 816 14* FW with aldila rouge I/O 70 sounds like perfection.

Won't happen anytime soon, but an 816 14* FW with aldila rouge I/O 70 sounds like perfection.

it's pretty damn solid, that's for sure

Im pondering the same 816 set at 16*. Freaking love everything that Ddec has said about it.

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

I hit both the 56° S grind and the 56° W grind. Got on the launch monitor and was hitting 50 yard pitch shots with the ball forward in the stance and back in the stance.

Surprisingly enough I was seeing 2000 RPM more with the S grind as opposed to the W grind. I don't know if that's normal or not or some anomaly on the launch monitor. Walked out of the store with the 56° MD3 S grind

Last edited:
Pondering which one of these will be my gamer this winter. Maybe add an M1 or an F5 to the mix too.
5f9304f2fa748e62a6e640c83a49209a.jpg

I see you are taking the fast lane back to Driver Ho Town. Lol

EDIT: Also, I see the cat paws!! Probably thinking about attacking your drivers...

Last edited:
Yup. And MB and TMB

i wouldn't mind a TMB in 2 or 3i for a solid option off the tee when playing to number. The MB look nice but I have no business gaming them. The CB would be where I would like to go but I need some more forgiveness than that.

talked with my fitter and I should be hitting the 714 and 716 ap2 tomorrow on gc2 as well as comparing to mp25. Will have one other set I want to compare with once he gets the apex pro in for demo

i wouldn't mind a TMB in 2 or 3i for a solid option off the tee when playing to number. The MB look nice but I have no business gaming them. The CB would be where I would like to go but I need some more forgiveness than that.

talked with my fitter and I should be hitting the 714 and 716 ap2 tomorrow on gc2 as well as comparing to mp25. Will have one other set I want to compare with once he gets the apex pro in for demo
Tmb 2 iron is super solid. Get the proper shaft and it's a weapon. No issues off the deck either. The tungsten weights get the ball up quick

I'm going to get a new driver friday, just don't know which one yet. Going to hit the GBB and the M1, see what the numbers say and there's my new gamer. Excited.

I'm going to get a new driver friday, just don't know which one yet. Going to hit the GBB and the M1, see what the numbers say and there's my new gamer. Excited.

​No sense in complicating things.

I hit these both recently. I think it's going to be close. Both are solid. Good luck trying to stay sane till Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back