Smart Glasses w/ Built In Range Finder

Shakey

#TheGolfWhisperer
Reaction score
Handicap
10.7 Index
Would you wear a pair of smart glasses/sun glasses that had a built in range finder? Something like Google Glass or Solos Smart glasses that measured the distance to what you looked at and displayed it on the lens of the glasses.

Would you wear a pair of smart glasses/sun glasses that had a built in range finder? Something like Google Glass or Solos Smart glasses that measured the distance to what you looked at and displayed it on the lens of the glasses.

Sure, that would be pretty cool. Interesting to think about how they could implement that. I am honestly waiting for us all to have call of duty/halo style hud displays with google glass.

No I can’t even wear a hate when golfing not sure what I would do with glasses on. Probably go crazy send my ocd in overdrive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they fit like my oakleys then maybe

If they fit like my oakleys then maybe

They will fit OVER your Oakleys lol

idrreZq.jpg

But yah eventually it could be really good. Would it automatically adjust to each thing I look at? I'm down.

Excellent idea. Upgrade it with graphics suggesting the path a putt or chip might take ...

No I can’t even wear a hate when golfing not sure what I would do with glasses on. Probably go crazy send my ocd in overdrive

You might need the direct retinal implant version.

I saw an article about the Sonos cycling glasses that had GPS built in & it made me wonder. A quick google search revealed that someone has already patented the idea in 2015.

idrreZq.jpg

But yah eventually it could be really good. Would it automatically adjust to each thing I look at? I'm down.

Great, I can look down at the ground and see "1.1 yards away".

idrreZq.jpg

Oh, Hell no. I'm not wearing anything that looks like that...........ever.

Terminator vision??

If they fit well and weren’t obvious, maybe... but HUD would have to go away when I wanted it with little to no manual input from me.

I could see this available to the public a few years from now. I’m sure the military has something similar now.

Use it??? Sure.

Buy it??? Not likely. I’m too cheap to buy a rangefinder, and this would likely cost significantly more.

5KLvwF

1FmPdk

ypwzzgolf_rodneyputting.jpg

:good:

I hate to think what the cost would be.

I have a researcher brining a set of 'smart' glasses out to one of our forestry crews next month that are supposed to record exactly where the wearer is looking, for part of a mechanization production study. I'm told the glasses were designed and built in Germany and cost ~$40k NZD for the set.
Mass production would no doubt reduce the costs but still, pricey substitute for a rangefinder

Back