Help me pick a new driver

Just_Hacking

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I believe that I was a lucky winner of a brand new driver of my choice up to a $500.00 value. It doesn't include a fitting so I just going to have to pick something out. I know I want a senior flex (or a light one...not sure on the difference actually) and I want at least 12 degree. I already have my eye a few:

King F8 with a Mitsubishi Tensei CK50 Blue shaft (I like the idea of having the Cobra connect a lot).

Callaway Epic with a Diamana M+40

Ping G400 (not sure which shaft)

Titlest 917 D2 with a Diamana M+40 shaft.

So those are the ones on my list, but I am really open to suggestions and I want to hear from THP. What do y'all think I should get.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I believe that I was a lucky winner of a brand new driver of my choice up to a $500.00 value. It doesn't include a fitting so I just going to have to pick something out. I know I want a senior flex (or a light one...not sure on the difference actually) and I want at least 12 degree. I already have my eye a few:

King F8 with a Mitsubishi Tensei CK50 Blue shaft (I like the idea of having the Cobra connect a lot).

Callaway Epic with a Diamana M+40

Ping G400 (not sure which shaft)

Titlest 917 D2 with a Diamana M+40 shaft.

So those are the ones on my list, but I am really open to suggestions and I want to hear from THP. What do y'all think I should get.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Go with the King F8 and the connect. They all are great drivers. Go with the one with the added features to make it more fun for you on the course.

I like the idea of the F8 as well

Third vote for the F8.

I lean F8. The bits and pieces I hear about it point to it being something special.

The G400 is really, really good. Definitely give it a shot!

Another F8 vote here.

g400. such a great driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you try em all out first? Even at a big box? I'd go with the G400, but that's because I love it. All games are different, so you've gotta figure out what works for you before you make the decision... In my opinion.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Congrats on the great prize! Agree with dhartmann34. Have you considered paying a club fitter to help you with shaft, loft and head? A good driver can easily stay in the bag for several seasons. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the drivers on your list. Good luck with the decision.

Could wait and see what TM has coming out, but I like the look and the reviews on the Cobra.

I would go with the F8 if I were to make a choice right now. Couple it with the Cobra Connect, and it looks like a winning package!

If you can't hit them all or at least some of them and find out what works best, go with what appeals to you the most. There is something to say about being in love with a club at address and being filled with confidence.

I'm a Cobra homer so the F8 calls to me. But I have to say I'd look real hard at the G400. My internet brain thinks of the Ping as smaller profile like the F8+ but forgiveness like the F8.

Help me pick a new driver

Can I vote twice? I’d say the F8 or the Ping. I’ve never had a cobra, but I know a lot of people that love them.

And that Hawaiian shirt Ricky Fowler had on is another good reason lol.

Congrats on the great prize! Agree with dhartmann34. Have you considered paying a club fitter to help you with shaft, loft and head? A good driver can easily stay in the bag for several seasons. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the drivers on your list. Good luck with the decision.
Can you try em all out first? Even at a big box? I'd go with the G400, but that's because I love it. All games are different, so you've gotta figure out what works for you before you make the decision... In my opinion.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I have a decent idea what kind of shaft(s) and loft I want / need from my fitting last January at Club Champion. I like the way the head of the F8 looks at address (based on photos that is). The Ping is a close 2nd right now and I could put the shaft I have now in it if the one I would get with it doesn't work out.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I think that I have eliminated the Titlest and the Epic. I hit the Epic when it came out and it just didn't do it for me. The King F8 is the leader in the clubhouse, with the Ping G400 in the running as well as the Mizuno ST 180.

Back