The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

Picking my oldest up from school at noon and we are going straight to the range. We are going to have fun and just swing the clubs without thinking

Some of my best sessions are when I don't let my head get in the way.

I am looking forward to getting my Arccos in action for the first time this weekend. Cannot wait to see stats on that thing, with 72 planned over the next 2 weekends it will really let me know what I need to continue to grind on over the last couple months.

Don't neglect putting! It can be done ANYWHERE and ANYTIME!

Not true, my dog runs off with the ball every time!

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

Not true, my dog runs off with the ball every time!

Replace "dog" with 14 month old son and that would make it a true statement for me too :)

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

Time to get to work

7308adca40591c065c40c651c487e034.jpg

9ac219935eb5aeb8350415a11b35a77d.jpg

Grandaddy Prep! Getting familiar with some ChromeSoft!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Not sure why this didn't dawn on me before... I had the chance to tee it up with 3 members of #TeamRedemption this year (OK, 4 if you count last December). Whether in unofficial events or official ones, this really does help to establish additional draw to an event like The Grandaddy (which didn't need help in that area, anyway) and others. So, to those guys I had the privilege of teeing it up with (JB, Nebgolfer, mikeg, and TexasHacker): I've seen what you brought to the table in prior rounds/events; keep bringing-it for The Grandaddy! And to #TeamRedemption as a whole. Please. Kick some Callaway backside!

Don't neglect putting! It can be done ANYWHERE and ANYTIME!
Aye, Aye captain!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

This event has pretty much consumed my brain. Haven't slept a full night without waking up at 3am looking for the full bag of club I was dreaming about or looking out my window at the mountains I was dreaming about. Three times today something would happen at home that would normally upset me but I just took a deep breath and remembered, it's all good because I'm going to the freaking grandaddy.

Oh yeah. The wife and I were looking at a place to stay during our summer vacation at Myrtle Beach. The name of the street? You guessed it. Grandaddy Drive
ae26df8faf9beef88e93d05adddb79ff.jpg

I totally understand where you're coming from. I'm in the same boat. Can't count how many times I think of something Grandaddy related in a day (or night). And it's true, nothing can keep me down for too long, all I have to do is tell myself "you're going to the frickin Grandaddy!" and whala, instant happiness (and butterflies).

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

Yep, it's granddaddy all the time on the mind.

Here's a question for this year's participants, you're only a couple months out, what one thing are you focused on right now to improve between now and then?

Here's a question for this year's participants, you're only a couple months out, what one thing are you focused on right now to improve between now and then?
I know you said one thing but it's a tie for me. I struggle to hit greens in regulation so I am working on my distance to the hole of chips and putting and they sort of tie in together. I can't flub up a chip and leave myself 25 feet to the hole, but if I do I have to make sure I can get down in 2 at the most

Short game and putting if we are talking golf specific. After playing 36 holes this weekend, I know it is one of the areas I need the most improvement. I need to get my pitch shots closer to the hole, and make all my putts 5-6 feet and in. I know that in match play, that wears an opponent down.

Non-Golf my commitment to fitness for this one is my biggest thing. Tons of swings at ECPC and then playing 45 holes in two days, I will need to be able to be sure I am ready for that.

Putting.
Last year I put on a putting clinic like no other...If having 7 three putts in a row is considered a clinic.

Putting.
Last year I put on a putting clinic like no other...If having 7 three putts in a row is considered a clinic.

Putting is such a good one because it can be done anywhere. When it gets cold I will be wearing spots in my birdieball, that is for sure.

Biggest thing for me is to keep the swing from getting rusty from now until December. Weather is better this week so ill be heading out a couple times to hit balls and maybe sneak in a round but once it turns for the worst, i need to keep swinging. Even if its simulator golf

More than 1 thing. First is fitness, hitting the gym 6 days a week to make sure there is gas in the tank on the final day. #2 is figuring out my tee game and making sure I can count on it like I used to. #3 is putting, which has come a long way this year but still has room for improvement.

Short game/putting

With weather changing here quickly, I'm really going to have to focus on keeping the short game as sharp as possible. From Veterans Day on its going to be all about forcing myself out in conditions that might not be appealing.

On a more serious note, I am doing three things differently.
1. Chipping game. I should be able to get up and down from anywhere around the green almost every time. Used to be able to, now its just not there. Some small tweaks and that will be fine.
2. Putting. I wont make the same mistake I made last year.

I had some personal issues going on last year that let it get in the way of the fun that was going on while out there. We had to make the decision upon my returning home to put our puppy Duke down and it was weighing heavily on my mind. He was a trooper and very ill and between the 20 or so meds he was taking daily or the idea that he was just very very sick, I let that get to me. Im not that emotional of a guy and for some reason this one hit me pretty hard.

I owed more to Cookie and the team and more importantly Callaway, because I let it get in the way and I never let personal get in the way of business no matter what it is. In some ways this is my own personal redemption, not from play, but from the rest of it. I want to soak it in. I want to be in equipment nirvana and I want to be amongst people that care as much as I do.

Oh and one more thing.
Im going to do a better job of documenting my equipment journey on the forum.
There are literally hundreds of threads that pertain to my journey. Whether it be shafts, heads, irons, wedges, putters, etc.
I plan on using them.

Short game. Putting and touch wedges need drastic improvement. The rest I know I'll be able to keep the rust off of as I'll still be able to get out and about leading up to the event, but I need more dedicated greenside and on the green practice. My putting has fallen off, and its because I've gotten lazy there.

Oh and one more thing.
Im going to do a better job of documenting my equipment journey on the forum.
There are literally hundreds of threads that pertain to my journey. Whether it be shafts, heads, irons, wedges, putters, etc.
I plan on using them.

Precisely. As will I.

It was part of my pillars for a reason, taking the talk to the threads keeps others in the loop and also helps to provide information to others who may/will be looking into the different clubs/aspects potentially for themselves. And I can safely speak for myself that this is something I will do long after the event as well, IMO its a part of the journey and something we should ALL do. Honestly, I believe this squad will truly bring it in that aspect from start to well beyond the finish.

Biggest thing for me is to keep the swing from getting rusty from now until December. Weather is better this week so ill be heading out a couple times to hit balls and maybe sneak in a round but once it turns for the worst, i need to keep swinging. Even if its simulator golf
You make your way down to Akron and we can get some time in for you.

For me, it's making sure I can count on my drives hitting the fairway. Especially when I hear about how penal not hitting the fairway is at the Hideaway. I need to be able to at least have decent 2nd shots. My driving game isn't where it needs to be right now, but I think with a couple of adjustments I'll be fine. Just need to get it dialed in. In the meantime, I'll also be working on my short game (chipping, putting) constantly. I know that's what can really tip the scales in match play. I played 18 yesterday, match play. My drive was way off, but my short game actually kept me in the match the whole time.

Back