Women's Clubs Recommendations

dacatalyst41

#ReptheG #RocktheChev
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm trying...again...to talk my wife into taking up golf with me. Any ideas on which way I should go for woods and irons? I'd really love for her to pick up the game so we can play together.

She's 5'3" and likes hitting my pitching wedge only. Haha!

No seriously, looking for something forgiving, but "pretty" so she'll actually play them. I don't want to go super cheap, but don't also don't want to break the bank.

I will be following along closely with this thread. My wife also says she is going to start playing. I have already converted my SeeMore mFGP to her mFGP. That is as far as we have gotten.

Taylormade has a “pretty” ladies set called the Kslea. It’s actually pretty good too. But really getting fit at some point will be best. IMO the misnomer of women’s vs men’s clubs is silly and I’ve seen plenty of women golfers fit into the same head as a man with varying shaft weights and flexes

Taylormade has a “pretty” ladies set called the Kslea. It’s actually pretty good too. But really getting fit at some point will be best. IMO the misnomer of women’s vs men’s clubs is silly and I’ve seen plenty of women golfers fit into the same head as a man with varying shaft weights and flexes
I've heard of other guys converting one of their sets to a softer flex. Not a bad idea, but I'm hoping a feminine looking set will pull her in.
Also, concerned about a fitting since her swing is all new, but I think I'll check with the pro I know.

I've heard of other guys converting one of their sets to a softer flex. Not a bad idea, but I'm hoping a feminine looking set will pull her in.
Also, concerned about a fitting since her swing is all new, but I think I'll check with the pro I know.

Yeah I wouldn’t do a fitting right now. Check out the kalea and if she likes it then once she’s playing somewhat consistent look at a fitting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought my wife Cobra Amp for driver (pretty pink color but more importantly forgiving and easy to get the ball in the air), a Cobra Baffler 5w - SUPER easy for her to hit - and altitude irons (not pretty but super forgiving). I think she has one non set wedge and a TM high MOI Spider type putter. It goes in a purple Ogio (?) bag - again with the pretty. She is very happy with it all. I wouldn't change a single thing.

I’d look for an Adams Idea ladies set - my wife plays them and they are super easy to hit and they are “cute”

Check out Tour Edge, also. I bought my wife a brand new set of Moda (women's line) that she got fit for for a pretty reasonable price a few years ago.

Here's a few of their latest offerings and would check the "pretty" box:

https://www.rockbottomgolf.com/ladi...es-reaction-3-complete-set-with-bag-graphite/

https://www.rockbottomgolf.com/ladi...ies-moda-silk-complete-set-with-bag-graphite/

https://www.rockbottomgolf.com/ladies/golf-clubs/complete-sets/tour-edge-golf-ladies-reaction-3-complete-set-with-bag-graph

Yeah I wouldn’t do a fitting right now. Check out the kalea and if she likes it then once she’s playing somewhat consistent look at a fitting

Just saw a decent set on 2nd swing. Not a bad price. Thanks!

I’d look for an Adams Idea ladies set - my wife plays them and they are super easy to hit and they are “cute”

These might be a steal now if I can find some. The men's preowned irons are dirt cheap at the local store.

Check out Tour Edge, also. I bought my wife a brand new set of Moda (women's line) that she got fit for for a pretty reasonable price a few years ago.
Wow these come as a full set too! Driver, 3w and 5w, hybrids, irons, putter and bag.
cbf322ef75a23a68cbd531cdfe5765eb.gif

My buddy bought his wife a Callaway Strata set with bag and they actually seem really nice and she likes them. Comes in at around $300 I believe for the 14 club set, and $160 for the 11 club set.

Wow these come as a full set too! Driver, 3w and 5w, hybrids, irons, putter and bag.
cbf322ef75a23a68cbd531cdfe5765eb.gif

Yeah that's exactly how I bought my wife's set, also. You said that your wife is 5' 3". At least one of those sets has "petite" as a set option. My wife is exactly 5' 0" and they fit her perfect but she did get measured and fit, also. I think I bought them at Van's Golf several years ago.

My wife is a lefty so it really limits options but she is on her 3rd set in 10 years and the last 2 sets I built on Callaway CPO. Quality is always great. I have also bought her good friend a new set of Callaway Solaire which includes all clubs plus bag. She was tickled pink with the set and great quality and performance for a novice. I believe if you want to get your wife interested in golf get her a half decent new set that she can be proud of and earn to look after.

My wife is a lefty so it really limits options but she is on her 3rd set in 10 years and the last 2 sets I built on Callaway CPO. Quality is always great. I have also bought her good friend a new set of Callaway Solaire which includes all clubs plus bag. She was tickled pink with the set and great quality and performance for a novice. I believe if you want to get your wife interested in golf get her a half decent new set that she can be proud of and earn to look after.
Agreed! And I forgot all about the Solaire line Callaway has. Need to check those out! Hopefully they're on CPO as well.

Agreed! And I forgot all about the Solaire line Callaway has. Need to check those out! Hopefully they're on CPO as well.

Also check EBay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Buy your wife a snappy "golf outfit" (including shoes)........worked for me to get my wife to golf !!

US Kids makes a ladies set too (RH only).
They claim to be lighter than other adult clubs.

Buy your wife a snappy "golf outfit" (including shoes)........worked for me to get my wife to golf !!
It really is crazy that I didn't think of this sooner! Haha!

Thanks for the thread!

There are some great suggestions here, and since I "may" be in the market for a set of women's clubs I'll be following this one.

Back