4 Hybrid or 4 iron

DB86

Reaction score
Handicap
Thinking about dropping my 22 degree 4 iron for a 4 Hybrid. On the lower end I currently play Driver, 3 HL wood, 3 Hybrid (19 degree). Any opinions or recommendations.

Also I’ve been eyeballing the Cobra King F7 Hybrid any experience with that club?

I've got both q 4 iron and a 4 hybrid. I hit the hybrid further so it's a separate club in my bag. I'd go with whichever you hit more consistent. Consistency is key!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have both in the bag as well. My 4h is 2 degrees stronger in loft (than the 4i) so a little longer and due to design always goes high . You can't play punch shots with hybrids it seems. I'm also more comfortable with the 4i off a tee. If you're not comfortable hitting 4i then try a few hybrids and see what works.

I have an older X2Hot 4 hybrid and I love it. I feel so comfortable with in my hands and it goes straight. Want to try some of the newer offerings and see if they are better. Good luck and let us know what you go with

I may end up keeping the 4 iron and getting a 4H and maybe take out the 3H. I’m not sure. I just really feel like the bottom of my bag is not getting properly used. Distances wise.

I may end up keeping the 4 iron and getting a 4H and maybe take out the 3H. I’m not sure. I just really feel like the bottom of my bag is not getting properly used. Distances wise.

Don't forget about higher lofted woods like a 5w as well. It's not really the number on the club or the loft for that matter, it's how far you hit it. You have to test and find out.

The Mizuno Fli Hi 4i is worth a look!

I game a 22 4 hybrid and a 22 4 iron. The 4 hybrid launches high and goes about 15-20 yards further ( carry ). The 4 iron I game so I can play the knock down shot off the tee and play the low cut if I need it. I do not game a 3 wood so I have that option to play both

If the 4i is not treating you well... I think a good hybrid for your swing is the most difficult club to find in the bag. I think you need a decent swing to hit any low lofted hybrid and until recently, I did not have that swing.

But after another year of a swing change ... I use the Exotics EX10 with a GD Tour AD HY Shaft - in the 19 and 22. The 19 goes in the bag when the wind is blowing - it's lower launching. But I do like it's shorter shaft length - makes it more consistent. I also have a Callaway BB OS, which I like, if you need something a little larger and forgiving.

4 iron for me, I'm going full internet golfer

That F7 hybrid is a good one. I know nothing about your game/ball striking but if you're a 19 handicap I'll make some assumptions and think that you would be more consistent with successfully hitting a hybrid over a long iron. I think you'll be pleased with the change.

I’ve quit trying with my 4 iron and went with a 4 hybrid. I just picked up a used PXG 4 hybrid and it is awesome but I know their pretty pricey. The new Titleist offers are solid I’ve hit both of them and you couldn’t go wrong with either one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 iron and 3 hybrid here

After playing a 4 iron for years and saying I would never replace it I finally gave in and went with an Apex 4 hybrid. I haven't regretted it one bit. It's more forgiving, gives me the distance I need and has become much more reliable than the 4 iron. The only thing I've given up is the ability to flight a 4 iron under trees but I've been able to manage with my 5 iron.

The F7 is a great hybrid. I have it in the 3 hybrid spot and I love the heck out of it. I'll probably be looking at the F8 to replace my Apex this year. Having the rails gives me a ton of confidence.

another one for I have both here. I only carry 1 wedge (56 degree), so I carry a 3H, 4H and a 4i

All great information. I’m going to try to hit some hybrids beside my 4 iron this weekend and see what happens. I’ll keep you posted.

A tuned 4i is a weapon. Just get your peak height up. Bend it 1-2deg weak, or a mid to lower bend point shaft a tad stiffer. No ducky's destroying your round...

I use a 4 iron and a 3 hybrid. I'm in the trees from time to time and love choking down on a 4 iron and punching it out towards the green when I can. Not comfortable with a shot like that using a hybrid. I love hitting both clubs. They just have different purposes. I have considered trying a 3 iron but would be much less likely to consider a 4 hybrid.

I use a 4 iron and a 3 hybrid. I'm in the trees from time to time and love choking down on a 4 iron and punching it out towards the green when I can. Not comfortable with a shot like that using a hybrid. I love hitting both clubs. They just have different purposes. I have considered trying a 3 iron but would be much less likely to consider a 4 hybrid.

/\ Ditto /\

Thinking about dropping my 22 degree 4 iron for a 4 Hybrid. On the lower end I currently play Driver, 3 HL wood, 3 Hybrid (19 degree). Any opinions or recommendations.

Also I’ve been eyeballing the Cobra King F7 Hybrid any experience with that club?

I was playing a Cobra OL 4i and opted for Cobra F7 3-4 hybrid. I wasn't hitting the 4i good at all. Since changing to the hybrid I am getting higher flight and a lot longer. I have the hybrid set on 22 degrees. After playing this hybrid, I purchased the 2-3 hybrid. Both clubs are money! I think my 4i will get lonely sitting in the corner of the room. LOL

Back