What do you think is the greatest shot in the history of golf?

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
This is simple, we've seen the recent take on DJ's remarkable drive from this past weekend Tournament of Champions. But what is your pick for the greatest shot in history of golf? And if you can, post a video of it just in case some people have not seen or recall that shot.

This is easily one of the best IMO.

This may not be the greatest in history, but it's got to be on the short list, and it's my favorite.

Jacks 1 iron always comes to mind.

• Staff
Jack's 2nd shot to 15 in 86, because he made the putt :)

I will say, and while it's not high on the list, it is on the list. Harrington's 5w when he won the British Open. That, was a pretty nifty shot in the clutch.

• Staff

Being a Greg Norman fan, I can't support this. Although if you look up greatest shots to beat Greg Norman, you this thread would be filled with some amazing shots.

This is simple, we've seen the recent take on DJ's remarkable drive from this past weekend Tournament of Champions. But what is your pick for the greatest shot in history of golf? And if you can, post a video of it just in case some people have not seen or recall that shot.
I have played that hole many of times..... Online. And I can't remember if I ever drove it or not. I don't think I did, but when I heard about the shot I knew which hole they were talking about without ever seeing it. To me it's right up there, sure it was aided a bit, down hill wind at back, but still crazy he was a ball and a half away from an ace.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What do you think is the greatest shot in the history of golf?

Not sure if this is the greatest, but I immediately think of this one

Last edited:
Both of my holes-in-one. Sorry, no video available.

Tiger's chip on 16th at the Masters was my favorite as was a huge Tiger fan. I wonder what was the largest roar from the patrons at the Masters but that shot must be near the top.

Jack's 1 iron is pure filth. This shot still blows my mind. 163 yards with a 52* wedge with 45 yards of hook under that pressure.

Not sure I could pick one but 3 of the top 5 (that were actually caught on video for public to see) belong to tiger haha.

Payne Stewart's putt to win the US Open over Phil. I don't know why, but that is always something that stands out to me.

~Rock

My issue with Tiger's bunker approach at the Canadian Open is that I've literally seen an amateur pull off a similar but even even harder shot with my own two eyes - and he hit it to 12 inches. Granted it wasn't on the PGA Tour but it was still in a Tournament setting and it was in a playoff.

thanks to all who posted those videos - definitely got my juices flowing!

My issue with Tiger's bunker approach at the Canadian Open is that I've literally seen an amateur pull off a similar but even even harder shot with my own two eyes - and he hit it to 12 inches. Granted it wasn't on the PGA Tour but it was still in a Tournament setting and it was in a playoff.

A 6i from 213 out of trap all carry over water. That’s amazing, that would dull TW’s shot for me as well.

Best shot in golf is definitely the winning putt that many considered the impossible shot, Happy Gilmore used the obstacles that were in his way to sink his put, and, thus, record one of the greatest sporting comebacks in history.

No love for Bill Haas from the water....? Considering the amount of $$$ that was on the line, to me, this is vastly underrated.

Last edited:
Back