What's the longest club you hit off the turf?

What's the longest club you hit off the turf?

• Driver

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • 3 wood

Votes: 103 61.3%
  • 5 wood/3 hybrid

Votes: 39 23.2%
  • 3 iron

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • 4 hybrid

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 4 iron

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • 5 iron

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • 6 iron

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
3 hybrid for me. I can hit it almost as long as a 3W and am more consistent. For the course I play most of the time, it's all I need for a par 5 hole or as a replacement for a fairway wood for long par 3s or a long shot into the wind

the old big bertha drivers were great for hitting off the deck.

3 hybrid, can't hit a wood to save my life.

I used to have a Cobra Long Tom 2 wood. But for now I'll hit my 3 wood off the turf
My favorite fairway so far. 12.5 degrees, it's been awesome for me off the tee and of the deck

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

3W without hesitation.

3w. if I need it to go somewhere specific, 3h.

3wd is the most I use on course but I have been working on driver off the deck at the range. Hopefully one day that shot will be ready for the course.

Heavenwood/3wood for me

I will reach for the 18° UT on second shot long par 5's and expect great things. Sometimes not so great happens but it's fun and a playable follow up shot.

2 hybrid don't carry a 3 wood.
I have better control of the 2 hybrid

2 iron and 3 wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 wood off of the turf is a very dependable shot for me.

Longest club I hit consistently well (relatively anyways lol) is my Bertha mini 1.5

My XR 3w is my go to club outside of 230 yds.

I know when I'm looking forward to a good score when I'm hitting my 3w well off the deck.

Fairway wood, in my case the 4 wood.

3 wood in my case

Have tried the mini driver once with no luck. 3 wood I can get straight and airborne, but if theres water to carry I'll leave it in the bag as distance varies too much with contact. My 3 hybrid I can get a constant carry on.

I hit my 3 wood off the deck with decent consistently. The only issue is when I try to crush it which usually results in a topped shot.

I can't answer the survey question because I go by actual lofts, not club numbers.

17º fairway wood can work but I'm more comfortable with 18º and up.
15º fairway wood is a non-starter from the deck. Line drives, no carry.

3 Hybrid, I dont find any extra distance off the deck with the 3 wood so why risk the shot shape.

I voted 3W even though of late I have been using my 16[SUP]o [/SUP]hybrid for my long fairway shots. I worked the 3W on the range this weekend and now wonder why I stopped using it. I choked up 1/2" on it since my fitter has fitted me into clubs 1/2" shorter. I'm every bit as consistent with the 3W as the hybrid. Still waiting on the new driver, FW and hyrbid clubs to come in.

9.5 Driver off the deck, even on tight lies. I don't even carry a 3w. Just started to hit balls again this week maybe even get to play again after screwing up the knee. Knee is still sore but not killing me.

I'll hit 3-wood darn near anywhere. Can't make myself use a driver from the deck.

9.5 Driver off the deck, even on tight lies. I don't even carry a 3w. Just started to hit balls again this week maybe even get to play again after screwing up the knee. Knee is still sore but not killing me.
That's just absurd,,,I can't even entertain that thought.

17°4 wood for me, I play it out to 245-250. Going any lower is hit or miss at best.

Back