Golftec - gave it shot, just not for me

palooka23

Reaction score
Handicap
Well....I learned a very expensive lesson. Golftec is just not for me.
I took the initial consult and lesson and signed up for the 10pk lessons.

While the camera and video setup is pretty good to see what youre doing, I just cannot make the leap without hitting off real turf and seeing ball flight.

In addition, the instruction is good to do video analysis, but got tired of looking at pro video in comparision to my swing.

The instructor was nice enough....but it just didnt work for me.
In the end, I am still having swing issues.
Quite honestly, I was skeptical going in but I thought I would try to be a progressive thinker and try something new.

My biggest regret is that it is now almost completely wasted money (and I still have 5 lessons left)

For the record I am totally committed to the drills and practice. There is just a mental disconnect that I cant seem to resolve with the information being given and the overall lesson info being provided. Overall, just not for me.

I would also like to add that it is extremely difficult to find a good instructor in south FL. It always seems to be a crapshoot plus expensive.

My only reason for considering Golftec is for the swing analysis and video. I take lessons somewhere else.

I struggled mightily with it. Too much technology is bad for my brain. Plus I felt like a caged rat in the small rooms they had. Swinging feel awkward. Never really connected with the instructor. Definitely an expensive try.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I did the swing eval at a local Golftec and after hearing about how we were going to tear it all down and rebuild I declined the lesson package. Didn't help that the Pro I was dealing with was a complete dick either.

They seem to be pretty polarizing. They are probably best for those trying for a “textbook” swing.

Golftec - gave it shot, just not for me

I'm the opposite. They've done wonders for me but I like the tech and my pro is really good.
It's like anywhere else though, if you're instructor is not great then it's a waste of cash.

While the camera and video setup is pretty good to see what youre doing, I just cannot make the leap without hitting off real turf and seeing ball flight.

In addition, the instruction is good to do video analysis, but got tired of looking at pro video in comparision to my swing.

Quite honestly, I was skeptical going in but I thought I would try to be a progressive thinker and try something new.

My biggest regret is that it is now almost completely wasted money (and I still have 5 lessons left)

For the record I am totally committed to the drills and practice. There is just a mental disconnect that I cant seem to resolve with the information being given and the overall lesson info being provided. Overall, just not for me.

I would also like to add that it is extremely difficult to find a good instructor in south FL. It always seems to be a crapshoot plus expensive.

Talk to your coach about doing an outdoors lesson and a playing lesson, you might get something out of both, and it will help you use your cache of lessons.

Jerks. I got about halfway through my lesson package when I got shut down by injury and surgery. Coach was a nice guy (not sure I like what he did with my swing but that’s another thread) and he tried to do right by me. He documented the situation, talked to corporate, and in writing assured me that I could finish my lessons when medically cleared. A few months later I’m good to go but Golfsmith (where they were renting space) shuts down...Golftec first tries to tell me that they’re opening up a new location (BS) then that I’d get my money back, then that they wanted me to continue lessons at another location (nearest was two hours away), and then basically that they weren’t going to give me any money back. I complained on their Facebook page and they’d delete it. I was going to take them to small claims court out of spite but then lost interest. I hate any organization that welches on promises.

Maybe it's just the teacher you have!!???? I know 4+5 different people that swear by gold-colored and closing out the entire company because of one bad seed or bad teacher wouldn't certainly be a shame and not very fair to the entire company. See if they'll let you switch to another guy/girl....

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Back