Dustin Johnson - Free Agent

11 top 10s in 21 events
4 top 10s in his last 5 events
1 win
Top 10 in 3 out of 4 majors including an epic runner up.

Man if that is not a decent year, then I am not sure what is.

I was just going to post this....if it wasn't for Spieth and Day stealing all the thunder, everybody would have been talking about the EPIC comeback DJ made....people forget that he stepped back in and immediately competed for wins and was a putt away from a US Open.

He is a commodity in golf and I think he is one of the few players that actually does move the needle.

The epic runner up can be looked at two ways. He's close, or we'll it's DJ being DJ. I like the guy, always have but I don't think he a must sign for top money player.

It is, but they did free up a lot of cash getting rid of Poulter last year.

Did they though? Did Poulter have THAT big of a contract? I have a strong feeling that he wouldn't be getting paid DJ levels of money.

I could see a UA / someone else combination. Personally, I would like to see that be a UA / Callaway deal but not sure if that would ever happen.

I think Nike or UA... Nike needs an eventual Tiger replacement(besides Rory), and well, you couldn't go wrong with DJ and Spieth at UA...

Probably to the highest bidder!!

If i had to bet i would say he signs back with TMAG but Callaway would be sweet

I see him staying with TaylorMade/Adidas because it's a nice tie-in with the clubs clothes.

You know Nike is getting a lot of mentions, but I wonder if they aren't a little gun shy of players with "issues" after the Anthony Kim deal

Did they though? Did Poulter have THAT big of a contract? I have a strong feeling that he wouldn't be getting paid DJ levels of money.

They probably weren't paying Poulter what they would pay DJ, no, but I'm sure Poulter wasn't a bargain.

I think any company would love to have DJ on their team, or at least any company would love to have DJ playing their driver.

He's major-less, yes, but if he keeps putting himself in the mix he's bound to capture one at some point. Any company, I would think, would love to have him advertising for them when he finally does break through.

Not sure where, but I would like to see him move away from TMAG and switch it up.

So are we saying Warrior is out? Daly & DJ dream team!!
Honestly, I think he stays with TM.

A W/S logo on his hat and bag would be nice. They have the means and they need a face for the brand. Current W/S tour guys just don't get it done.

Would say Callaway or Nike for sure.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I think the Nike and TMAG guesses are the best. However, I could definitely see DJ sign up with Titleist if the money was right.

A W/S logo on his hat and bag would be nice. They have the means and they need a face for the brand. Current W/S tour guys just don't get it done.

I highly doubt their golf sector budget would allow for this.

Personally I think he kinda owes it to TM to stay with them as they stood with him after all his problems. I don't think Nike would want him out of fear of another Tiger fiasco coming down the pipe. As for Callaway I think they like the "good guy" image but that's just a personal feeling I have and don't think they would go for him.

Why would TM let him go? I would think they would give him just about whatever he wants.

I would love to see that.

I highly doubt their golf sector budget would allow for this.

that was my thought too, but I do think he represents exactly what they need. the older golfers remembers the golden days of Wilson Staff, but they have the change the brand image amongst the younger players. having DJ would help them immensely, even if its only a deal for a partial bag

With Jason Day being the "hot" TM golfer I think he heads to Cobra or maybe Callaway...for some reason I just don't see him going to Nike....

Does Passages Malibu sponsor? Just asking for a friend

Seriously tho I think he'll likely end up staying with TM

My top 3

TMAG - Have stuck with him this long, why let him go now?
Cobra/Puma - A young athletic brand (paired with ricky, could send this company skyrocketing)
Srixon - Needs a new face in my opinion

At the end of the day I think he will be with Taylor made.
Cobra/puma would be cool to see him with fowler.
Would love to see someone like Srixon or W/s come out of nowhere for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back