StarWars Battlefront Thread (xbox/ps4/pc)

Yeah, that's not happening with this one. Rory was a joke and we all knew it from the first trailer that was released. This is legit all the way.

I totally agree. I actually traded in Rory and pre-ordered Battlefront. I downloaded the beta and played for about an hour last night. I really like what Im seeing so far. Im excited to play on Endor once the game is released.

About an hour into the beta. Really enjoying it. Doesn't allow for flipped default controls so that's costing me a little but having a good time. Game play is smooth.

Downloading the beta now. Hope to get a little play in later tonight

Hoping we can get some THPers online tonight for some beta teams. 20 on 20 is insanity, then add in all the extras.

I'll end up getting it for PC but I'm not holding my breath that EA won't screw this up. They have botched AAA titles before.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Played a few matches. My only real complaint so far is the sound is all sorts of messed up but that was expected. No connection issues or anything yet.

Nothing can beat the music during the game. Gives me chills all the time.

Am having issues re-entering game play after timing out in an AT-AT. Still, only issue so far.

Last edited:
If anyone wants my Origin ID for PC, its TheAngryYankee

I got in about 45 minutes last night. A few solo rounds then two multi-player rounds. Really fun. I suck though. Had 2 very minor lag issues, but each lasted less than 10 seconds then back to normal.

I can't wait to see the rest of the maps. If they're anything like the two in the beta, that's a very very good thing. The AT-AT battle might be my favorite game mode in all fps to date.

I suck at flying.... Being the Jedi is really fun though!

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Good beta release (PC here) in my opinion. Lots of things not perfect, but it's beta, so that's expected. The graphics are incredible, and I found the gameplay to be quite fun. And who doesn't like the sound of the thermal imploder???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvrtzIEUp_k

I've been the hero three times now, and man what a blast. That's a great addition to the game. And the jetpacks are a blast. Check this next youtube too! Wait for it......made me laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnqtUAg4hkw

Decided to bite the bullet and download the beta. Its good overall, hopefully it will be full of content on release and not just 'well its the star wars name so people will buy it.'

For someone who is old and confused, can I play this XBO? If so, how?

For someone who is old and confused, can I play this XBO? If so, how?
You can download the beta for xbox one. Just have to search for it in the game store.

I'm just trying to decide whether I'm going to buy this for Xbox One or PS4. The beta was a lot of fun.

I'm just trying to decide whether I'm going to buy this for Xbox One or PS4. The beta was a lot of fun.
There's a lot more people on PS4....

And yeah the beta was a lot of fun. I got off right as the beta ended, but I can't wait for November 17th! Hopefully they use all the feedback from the beta and make it a great game.

Agreed, overall, I hope they make a few improvements here and there, but I was a fan. I'll be buying it. I can't wait to play an Endor map...speeder bikes, anyone???

Agreed, overall, I hope they make a few improvements here and there, but I was a fan. I'll be buying it. I can't wait to play an Endor map...speeder bikes, anyone???
My thing about Endor...EWOK power ups! Lol

But yeah, there will be way more vehicles and such for all the game modes.

I would suggest whichever one you like the controller better, and whichever one you have the largest friends list. I'm on xbox, and always have full rooms, so amount of players isn't an issue, even though ps4 probably has a few more players, but this isn't an issue with lobbies.

I spent four or five hours with the beta over a few nights. Lots of fun. Definitely ran into a few issues, but overall, it was pretty smooth.

I thought the Hoth level was a lot of fun, but I cannot fly any of the aircraft. The Hero's were pretty awesome, but I died quickly each time I became one. The other level with the pods was great. Very fast paced action. I got a little frustrated with how far I would spawn from the pods, but I guess that's what happens when you die.

Overall, a great beta. Can't wait for the full game.

For the beta, here's my setup; DLT-19 blaster- hip firing is very powerful even at range (for all modes)

for Walker assault;
Jetpack/ personal shield/ cycler rifle

For DropZone;
Jetpack/ personal shield/ Thermal detonator

And remember you can buy 10 extra charges for the personal shield for 500 credits. So between your jetpack and the personal shield it is very difficult to kill you if used correct.
I also like 3rd person perspective.
I've also noticed at least on xbox that the sniper trait needs to be selected each time you turn on the xbox. Doesn't seem to save.
What's your favorite load out?

Last edited:
For the beta, here's my setup; DLT-19 blaster- hip firing is very powerful even at range (for all modes)

for Walker assault;
Jetpack/ personal shield/ cycler rifle

For DropZone;
Jetpack/ personal shield/ Thermal detonator

And remember you can buy 10 extra charges for the personal shield for 500 credits. So between your jetpack and the personal shield it is very difficult to kill you if used correct.
I also like 3rd person perspective.
I've also noticed at least on xbox that the sniper trait needs to be selected each time you turn on the xbox. Doesn't seem to save.
What's your favorite load out?

I didn't get enough to get the sniper trait in time. But your loadout is exactly how I had mine set up for each instance. However, I hate 3rd person viewpoints, so I stuck with first person.

As for flying, the mouse was SO slow when turning. I used the arrow keys on the keyboard, and had much better results. Still tough though. I noticed the ground was not lined up visually with actuality. Case in point, when buzzing/strafing, I'd crash even though, by my view, I was clearly way higher than the ground. Again, it's beta, so I'm not really concerned about it.

Back