Hybrid with not closed face-where can I find it?

A bit redundant but I'll add another Apex recommendation. 4 hybrid is my favorite club in my bag and this is coming from a guy who used to have zero hybrids because they all booked for me. I finally found a like-new Apex 5 hybrid with a stiff shaft so my bag is set for the year.

A bit redundant but I'll add another Apex recommendation. 4 hybrid is my favorite club in my bag and this is coming from a guy who used to have zero hybrids because they all booked for me. I finally found a like-new Apex 5 hybrid with a stiff shaft so my bag is set for the year.

Not redundant at all. Good to know that many people likes the Apex. Thanks for the input

A little update: now I have hit some different models like: Cobra F6, Cally X Hot, cobra Fly Z, Mizuno Jpx 900, Ping G20 and some others.
Best result so far is FlyZ followed by G20 and Jpx 900. Will go to a big store next Monday and try some more

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Definitely Callaway Apex!

A little update: now I have hit some different models like: Cobra F6, Cally X Hot, cobra Fly Z, Mizuno Jpx 900, Ping G20 and some others.
Best result so far is FlyZ followed by G20 and Jpx 900. Will go to a big store next Monday and try some more

If you liked the Ping g20, you probably should put the G400 on your list. In the lower lofted clubs, the G400 hybrid is specifically weighted to be more fade biased.

If you liked the Ping g20, you probably should put the G400 on your list. In the lower lofted clubs, the G400 hybrid is specifically weighted to be more fade biased.

Thanks, will check ot out. The G20 was kind of ugly but it sure worked well

So I went to a big store today and tested some new hybrids. i tested Apex, G400 Miz CLK and Cobra F7.
Out of them I really liked G400 best. I hit that 22 degree very nice. But being on a budget since also buying 2 CBX wedges I went to a golf outlet on the other side of the road and got a new Titleist 915H hybrid that looked good and I got it at a very cheap price. So if I do not like that, I can most likely sell it for the same price and buy the more expensive G400 instead. Time will tell!

All of the models you've tested, along with the one you bought, are fantastic. Hoping the Titleist works well for you.

I also hate a closed face and I also hate paying full retail.

Over the past few weeks, in three separate purchases on ebay, I bought four new Tour Edge Exotics EX9 hybrids (last year's version) with f4 670 Recoil shaft.

They're fixed shafts so I'm very glad that all appear perfectly square to my eye. I'd never before hit the EX9 hybrids although I'm familiar with the Exotics line. After hitting and loving the first two to arrive, I rushed to buy the other two. Awesome clubs.

Just throwing them out there as a possible alternative and ebay as a resource for any you may be interested in.

All of the models you've tested, along with the one you bought, are fantastic. Hoping the Titleist works well for you.

I also hate a closed face and I also hate paying full retail.

Over the past few weeks, in three separate purchases on ebay, I bought four new Tour Edge Exotics EX9 hybrids (last year's version) with f4 670 Recoil shaft.

They're fixed shafts so I'm very glad that all appear perfectly square to my eye. I'd never before hit the EX9 hybrids although I'm familiar with the Exotics line. After hitting and loving the first two to arrive, I rushed to buy the other two. Awesome clubs.

Just throwing them out there as a possible alternative and ebay as a resource for any you may be interested in.

Thanks! Tour Exotics are a bit hard to find in Sweden (not impossible, but the importer does not seem to bring in that many clubs)

So far so good! I played a simulator round today and used the new Titleist hybrid for the first time. Hit some really good shots with it and right now it seems like a good purchase. Straight to baby fade on the 5 times I used it.

I don't know if your search ended or not, not sure if this will help you. For the longest time I had problem with long hybrids/woods hooking hard left, obviously due to my swing.

But eff practice, who isn't looking for quick fix!! :p I am a tinkerer and had a bunch of extra materials in the garage so I took the least hooking hybrid (Adams Red set to anti hook) and put a steel shaft in (KBS tour 115g Reg+) and now I'm not hooking and the shots dispersion on the course last Sunday was within 15 yards of each other(all 7 shots I hit). As you can see in this chart https://puu.sh/zdCuU/82113511fb.png My average with the graphite shaft is obviously longer but the consistency is trash. Take it with a grain of salt, it was one outing and some range time. My swing is also probably not the same as yours. I don't know if it is the shaft weight, the shorter shaft, or stiffer tip or it is all in my mind, but it is working.

So I went to a big store today and tested some new hybrids. i tested Apex, G400 Miz CLK and Cobra F7.
Out of them I really liked G400 best. I hit that 22 degree very nice. But being on a budget since also buying 2 CBX wedges I went to a golf outlet on the other side of the road and got a new Titleist 915H hybrid that looked good and I got it at a very cheap price. So if I do not like that, I can most likely sell it for the same price and buy the more expensive G400 instead. Time will tell!

I upgraded my 915 to the 816 last year. As someone who in the past struggled with the same problem (hook) I have hit and tried a ton of hybrids looking for ones that were more neutral. I found the Titleist worked the best for me

I don't know if your search ended or not, not sure if this will help you. For the longest time I had problem with long hybrids/woods hooking hard left, obviously due to my swing.

But eff practice, who isn't looking for quick fix!! :p I am a tinkerer and had a bunch of extra materials in the garage so I took the least hooking hybrid (Adams Red set to anti hook) and put a steel shaft in (KBS tour 115g Reg+) and now I'm not hooking and the shots dispersion on the course last Sunday was within 15 yards of each other(all 7 shots I hit). As you can see in this chart https://puu.sh/zdCuU/82113511fb.png My average with the graphite shaft is obviously longer but the consistency is trash. Take it with a grain of salt, it was one outing and some range time. My swing is also probably not the same as yours. I don't know if it is the shaft weight, the shorter shaft, or stiffer tip or it is all in my mind, but it is working.

Is the search ever over? Well, I am happy now but always good to get advice!

Last edited:
Is the search ever over? Well, I am happy now but always good to get advice!

Just wondering how things are working out for you?

MacTS...can you just weaken your grip and get them straight(er)? Works for me.

Funny enough I went to play some sim golf this morning and tried my friends Cobra Fly Z (may have been +, not sure) and that was set much more square than mine and I managed to hit it well. It was to low lofted for me at 17 degrees but felt good. So now that club is on the short list as well

Shipping to Sweden will probably kill this, but Dallas Golf has new Cobra Fly-Z hybrids for cheap.

There is no Fly-Z+ in the hybrids.

Mizuno CLK sets up pretty square. If you’re like me then I actually lofted it down and opened the face up. It’s the only hybrid I’ve ever been able to hit

Sent from HTX

Back